I turned of sharing files ( photos videos ), i am not able to receive or send media and not able to change profile photo. how to access setting to allow this again??
    03-10-13 03:58 AM
    working fine but the problem i am facing is not all contacts synced..
    already unlinked all social networking contacts still same. but we can say better then nothing lol
    well so far its better then android port.
    cant wait much to grab official whatsapp
    03-10-13 04:01 AM
    Is it possible to let the videos and the pics to be downloaded on SD card directly and not on the device ?
    03-10-13 04:22 AM
    Is it possible to search for a certain contact to chat with ? or to search for a chat to use it ?
    03-10-13 04:32 AM
    if the application is closed , i will not be notified about any new msg until i reopen it !!!
    this is actually not good, is it happening to any one also ?
    03-10-13 05:25 AM
    if the application is closed , i will not be notified about any new msg until i reopen it !!!
    this is actually not good, is it happening to any one also ?
    That's the way it works for now. Refer to: The Open WhatsApp project
    aih1979 likes this.
    03-10-13 07:02 AM
    OpenWhatsapp 0.9.4 is out, along with the source code. Read more about it here
    zwuncki, boggle13 and DJ Reyes like this.
    03-10-13 09:43 AM
    OpenWhatsapp 0.9.4 is out, along with the source code. Read more about it here
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:44 AM
    Love the app. Much better than the sideloaded Android whatsapp. Very smooth and effiicient. And less taxing on the battery too. A win win

Edit: I have noticed since the update, the app will hang/freeze while in a conversation. Only closing the app and opening again will fix it. Not earth shattering by any means, but can be annoying.
    Last edited by MikeFromCanada; 03-10-13 at 11:25 AM.
    03-10-13 10:05 AM
    This is how all third party apps, with notifications, currently work on the Z10. The developers don't yet have access to the needed api from BlackBerry.
    It will happen.

Posted via CB10
    Does that mean that the Official WA will have to stay in background too? And is it not possible for 3rd party apps to be fully integrated in the HUB (like Twitter, that each message will be displayed there and stay in the hub after reading)?

Do I get it right that it's not possible to install OWA via device without a PC?
    03-10-13 11:41 AM
    Does that mean that the Official WA will have to stay in background too? And is it not possible for 3rd party apps to be fully integrated in the HUB (like Twitter, that each message will be displayed there and stay in the hub after reading)?

Do I get it right that it's not possible to install OWA via device without a PC?
    The official whatsapp is being developed alongside Blackberry, so it will have hub integration.

And yes, you need to sideload it using a PC. Can not download/install it straight to the device.
    zwuncki likes this.
    03-10-13 11:48 AM
    it's not getting downloaded but later it's coming as unable to open the file.
    03-10-13 11:54 AM
    You need to right click and save target as. Make sure the extension is .bar if it is a dip file then changed the extension to bar

Remember this can only be installed from the pc and side loaded over. Can't download directly to the phone.
    Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:09 PM
    Is it just me or are other people having issues with some contact pics not showing up. Where people in my BlackBerry contacts list only have a Facebook or Twitter image it doesn't seem to push this through to my openwhatsapp contacts. Specific Whatsapp images for contacts show up as do images I have manually set for some BlackBerry contacts.

Just me, or a known issue...?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:09 PM
64 123