Displays correctly. And works great. Thanks

Download Bar: Any physical .bar from BBWorld-img_20141205_225103.png

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Mecca EL, 3hb78ftg and moody like this.
    12-05-14 09:51 PM
    It's called CreamPlayer and its partly based on examples shown here on CB's weekend coder posts. It plays a list of di.fm stations, plus Krafty Radio. I wrote the original version way back when BB10 first launched to avoid having to play the stations in the browser.

I actually don't know if it displays properly on the Passport or not, but I decided to let BlackBerry enable it anyway - I don't have. A fast enough PC for the simulator and can't get the device for my carrier, but nobody has contacted me about it NOT Working either. Just let me know if it displays all messed up or something. I need to update it for design units/10.3.* after finals week is over.

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded

Lounge...sweet!
    Download Bar: Any physical .bar from BBWorld-img_20141205_225034.png

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    12-05-14 09:51 PM
    Some of you "devs" are really being asses. Get over it, make a better app, and, if worthy, charge for it. Now, just go the f away. We are tired of your whining.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-05-14 09:52 PM
    It's called CreamPlayer and its partly based on examples shown here on CB's weekend coder posts. It plays a list of di.fm stations, plus Krafty Radio. I wrote the original version way back when BB10 first launched to avoid having to play the stations in the browser.

I actually don't know if it displays properly on the Passport or not, but I decided to let BlackBerry enable it anyway - I don't have. A fast enough PC for the simulator and can't get the device for my carrier, but nobody has contacted me about it NOT Working either. Just let me know if it displays all messed up or something. I need to update it for design units/10.3.* after finals week is over.

Posted via CB10
    Check out CreamPlayer in BlackBerry World! You can find it at CreamPlayer - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded and installed via BBW. If you need a backup, I already have the Dev's permission! CreamPlayer is subliminal
    Carjackd, habs_fan, moody and 2 others like this.
    12-05-14 09:56 PM
    Displays correctly. And works great. Thanks

LOL... well... It's not "correct"... But at least it's usable until I fix it so it knows what it should look like on a Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:57 PM
    Wow funny how some devs understand the consumer. EchoesFx makes an amazing post and we all download his app and hope to see more from him. Others come in here all bu77hurt and make up lies about what sacha is doing and people vow to never support those devs anymore. Crazy world, eh?

12-05-14 10:00 PM
    LOL... well... It's not "correct"... But at least it's usable until I fix it so it knows what it should look like on a Passport

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any radio stations you could implement of app developers whining (commercial free?), I'd like to hear that in other place besides in this thread.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 10:02 PM
    I just downloaded a BAR........ All without the use of any of Sacha's tools. What does that tell you? Tool.. app.. whatever. The problem is still going to exist until it's actually fixed at the core.
    I agree. That is why developers like myself are pushing Blackberry to fix the problem and secure our applications. Otherwise, developers like myself will like posters want and stop writing native Blackberry apps and go away. I am sure that what everyone here wants. Less native apps.

xsacha wanted Blackberry to fix the problem which would render his product worthless. We are in agreement with him and making our voices heard. We are only supporting xsacha in his effort to lock down app distribution. Kinda ironic don't you think. He tried in vain by himself to fix the problem as he has said. Now there are more voices helping him do what he tried to do for a while. So people here are talking about whining developer who are trying to secure their apps when the person who first discovered the problem was trying to get Blackberry to do the same as developers are now.

Thank you xsacha for finding this, trying in private to get this fixed and now making it private so developers can help you to move Blackberry in getting this fixed. If xsacha has succeeded in the first place, app distribution would be secure and no one could download bar files like they are doing now.
    12-05-14 10:12 PM
    I agree. That is why developers like myself are pushing Blackberry to fix the problem and secure our applications. Otherwise, developers like myself will like posters want and stop writing native Blackberry apps and go away. I am sure that what everyone here wants. Less native apps.

xsacha wanted Blackberry to fix the problem which would render his product worthless. We are in agreement with him and making our voices heard. We are only supporting xsacha in his effort to lock down app distribution. Kinda ironic don't you think. He tried in vain by himself to fix the problem as he has said. Now there are more voices helping him do what he tried to do for a while. So people here are talking about whining developer who are trying to secure their apps when the person who first discovered the problem was trying to get Blackberry to do the same as developers are now.

Thank you xsacha for finding this, trying in private to get this fixed and now making it private so developers can help you to move Blackberry in getting this fixed.
    What, what? At the start of this thread you and your bbm developer buddies wanted to burn him alive for making this "program ' and now your on his side? What's changed

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:17 PM

Thank you xsacha for finding this, trying in private to get this fixed and now making it private so developers can help you to move Blackberry in getting this fixed. If xsacha has succeeded in the first place, app distribution would be secure and no one could download bar files like they are doing now.
    Alright Bla1ze, you can pull up your pants now. Brownnoser63 has seen the light.
    12-05-14 10:24 PM
    What, what? At the start of this thread you and your bbm developer buddies wanted to burn him alive for making this "program ' and now your on his side? What's changed

Posted via CB10
    You don't see the irony? If he succeeded in what he says where attempts to get Blackberry to solve the issue in the past, he would have done what developers are attempting to do now. Locking down bar distribution.
    12-05-14 10:24 PM
    You don't see the irony? If he succeeded in what he says where attempts to get Blackberry to solve the issue in the past, he would have done what developers are attempting to do now. Locking down bar distribution.
    As a self proclaimed developer for BB10 native apps several paid apps (of which most profit goes to charity) and several unpaid, I do app development for fun.
    I also have several friends in BBM dev groups, am in a couple groups that include xsacha speak to him via bbm on an almost daily basis. I have known this code exists, knows he HAS talked to BlackBerry about it and that nothing was done about it from BlackBerry.
    Do I blame anyone but BlackBerry That this issue is there? No.
    My free apps are just that, free (never said they were good). If you can download them via a deep link that BlackBerry has enacted, well that's out of my hands as BlackBerry has enabled this by default and my agreement was with them to release via BlackBerry World, which is how they are distributed even using xsacha's web based script.
    I care about my end users, I update my paid apps regularly, and have great feedback.
    Do I totally agree with this being 'available for all to use' not entirely. Am I going to **** and moan about it? No.

So, please, take a moment to reflect on why you develop. What this web based script actually does (downloads a bar via a deeplink) and relax.

Do I see this being used on a wide scale? No. Just like side loading, and loading leaks...most BlackBerry users except the die hard won't know how to use this let alone understand how to disect the code and actually do anything useful with it (and that's only if you use straight QML).

I've said my piece...now carry on.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) '
    Uzi, EchoesFX, Pdinos3 and 8 others like this.
    12-05-14 10:41 PM
    I can use any search engine to find a torrent of any paid app and a crack to remove protections. If I can do that, it's not that hard to decompile it and tweak the source code...assuming I am motivated.

Can these "holes" be plugged? Probably. Are you dissuaded in believing this platform is unique from anything else out there? Probably.

But I'm sure those who were in favor of "community analysis" of BlackBerry's OSes have a different view when it comes to their "product."

Carry on. Please. This is entertaining.
    12-05-14 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really enjoy radio apps and this one is amazing but my only request is to have the ability to let us know the current playing song as there are tons of amazing songs I missed and I can't find.
    And a link to the stream. And why not the ability to share what I'm listening to?

|Posted Via Z10STL100-2|10.3.1.1151|
    EchoesFX, moody and anon(9208252) like this.
    12-06-14 12:14 AM
    And this is why we can't have nice things.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:27 AM
    But he makes free apps

Have you heard about this super cool app called FilePlay? It only cost $.99 too.

Check out FilePLAY Music Player in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/58297760

Has the most awesome review...

I was once abducted by aliens.
    Mecca EL, moody and anon(9208252) like this.
    12-06-14 12:40 AM

Didn't sound that way here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...3029318#M69376

Mecca EL, moody and anon(9208252) like this.
    12-06-14 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nice app EchoesFX. Works great on my z30. Sweet collection of tunes too.

Thanks for sharing.

Mecca EL, habs_fan and moody like this.
    12-06-14 12:44 AM
    Lol who is the lying rat that "snitched" on xsacha

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, moody and eldricho like this.
    12-06-14 02:10 AM
    Well this thread took a turn for the worse... if that was even possible.

If you ask me the discussion stopped three pages ago, now it is just people rehashing old statements or agreeing with each other for some free Thanks & Likes.

Asking developers to name their apps just so you can go and shame them for disagreeing with you, is not gonna do anyone any good. Except of course in this thread to preserve your CrackBerry SJW status.

And seeing as we have so many "official" readers here anyway: what happened to all the Forum Policies regarding this subject matter?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-06-14 03:22 AM
    If you ask me the discussion stopped three pages ago, now it is just people rehashing old statements or agreeing with each other for some free Thanks & Likes.
    Yup. This goose is cooked for now.
    mrfreeze, moody, QtHelex and 5 others like this.
    12-06-14 03:36 AM
396 ... 141516