While Windows Phone has been steadily closing its app gap, BlackBerry 10 has continued to languish far behind. Business Insider has created a chart using data from mobile analytics firm VisionMobile that illustrates why BlackBerry still can?t get Instagram, Snapchat and Vine to make native...

BlackBerry 10 app developer revenues much less than iOS, Android | BGR

Fired from my Z10
    11-26-13 03:27 PM
    I doubt it!
    11-26-13 03:45 PM
    Of course, do the math with the simplest of assumptions. Now if you have BB10 only apps, that gap has to grow from 4x to 8-10x. Also, obviously there are 10Droid/IOS for every bona fide BB10 developer...even with overlap.

These are the circumstances spoken of sice BB10 inception. That is, BlackBerry would need to put spme seed money out there to assure native coding (and timely completion)for some of the critical apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:00 PM
    Well, it depends on if you get the crackberry bump by having your app featured on the blog or not. I think game devs do pretty well but I would be shocked if more than 15 BlackBerry app devs did well enough to justify development as a reliable source of income. Most of us do it as a hobby and it would almost always cost significantly more to hire somebody to code the app than we usually make on sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:28 PM
    Of course, do the math with the simplest of assumptions. Now if you have BB10 only apps, that gap has to grow from 4x to 8-10x. Also, obviously there are 10Droid/IOS for every bona fide BB10 developer...even with overlap.

These are the circumstances spoken of sice BB10 inception. That is, BlackBerry would need to put spme seed money out there to assure native coding (and timely completion)for some of the critical apps.

Posted via CB10
    That's one approach. BlackBerry took a different one by basically utilizing industry standard languages like c++ to make porting from ios easy, the android runtime to make porting from android easy and qml to attract meego developers. The BlackBerry approach was "we know you won't build for us as the primary release target, so we will incorporate technologies that make it easy for you to compile and submit the app to our store as an after thought and maybe you can get some additional revenue" the problem is BlackBerry failed to communicate that this was their strategy to devs so everyone is saying "we can't justify developing for BlackBerry independently as a primary release platform" when BlackBerry was really just looking for ports.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:34 PM
    I'd rather see them break it down by percentages making over various percentages. For instance, what percentage of Android and iOS developers are making more than $500/mo, $1000/mo or $10K/mo. I suspect that breaking it down this way will show that only a select few developers are making big money and most barely make anything. I'm not sure what a breakdown for Blackberry devs would look like, but I suspect a higher percentage are making money - just not as much as the big devs on the other platforms.
    11-27-13 08:55 AM
    Aaaaaannndd most of that belongs to S4BB...

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    11-27-13 09:03 AM
    While Windows Phone has been steadily closing its app gap, BlackBerry 10 has continued to languish far behind. Business Insider has created a chart using data from mobile analytics firm VisionMobile that illustrates why BlackBerry still can?t get Instagram, Snapchat and Vine to make native...

BlackBerry 10 app developer revenues much less than iOS, Android | BGR

Fired from my Z10
    I would like to know how they got their numbers.
    11-27-13 09:04 AM
    Aaaaaannndd most of that belongs to S4BB...
    LOL.

I'm sure S4BB is fine with how much BB devs make... bless its hearts...
    11-27-13 09:11 AM