I've never used the BB Maps on OS 5, 6, or 7 as they were always outdated and didn't have voice navigation in my country.

Now I just bought a Q10 and was very impressed that the BB Maps had locations not even mentioned on my fully updated Garmin GPS Device in my car and the voice navigation is very good.

Now my question is, let's say a new location is added in a country or new venue, how does the update happen?

Do updates take place on each OS update? or does the Maps app update itself every now and then via a notification in the BB World or doe the map updates happen on the fly like it is the case with Google Maps?
    02-18-14 02:21 PM
    Hello !

BB Maps will prompt you with an update notification in BB World anytime there is an available update for your device.

-Brendan
    02-18-14 02:34 PM
    Maps data is online. Whenever you open or navigate the map, it fetches the map from the server. This way, its always up-to-date per say.

The app update from BlackBerry world is for adding features or bug fixes

Posted via CB10
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    02-18-14 02:37 PM
    Awesome!! BB Maps have come a long way!
    02-18-14 03:26 PM
    We have a TomTom GPS which we 'try' to use. Thing is pretty new but generally sucks - the UI and operating system, despite being a dedicated device, are poor. I've found increasingly that my Z10 takes instructions quickly and has never failed us - up to date with traffic and other info, etc. In fact, I'm not sure why I haven't bought a mount for the phone yet and just use it as our GPS from now on. BB Maps is great. Anyway, those are my two cents.
    02-18-14 03:34 PM