I am very disappointed that the Facebook app on the Z10 still relies on Facebook's mobile website for certain functions, rather than building it into the app itself.

Some examples:

- Events (This relies 100% on the mobile website, when you click on the Events button, it opens the browser to the mobile site, and not even the Touch version)
    - Birthdays (See above)
    - Timeline Reviews (Must go to mobile site to approve/deny tags, etc...)
    - Nearby (At least you can check-in from the app)

This is what I've noticed so far, I haven't explored deeper yet.

Hopefully the BB dev teams are planning to incorporate this. I remember it took them years to even add some of these features into the legacy BBOS's version of FB.

Edit: After the last update, Nearby and Events/Bdays are now available as part of the app, and no longer sends you to the mobile page.

Timeline reviews still need the mobile site. Also, you can't tag existing pictures, only new ones posted via the FB app.
    Last edited by koroshiyax; 03-31-13 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Update
    Fnen90 likes this.
    02-07-13 12:48 PM
    I dont mind this at all
    02-07-13 02:47 PM
    the birthdays do show up in the calendar if you allow it to sync im assuming that's why they didn't bother putting into the app
    02-08-13 12:58 AM
    News Feed is horrid and hasn't updated at all since last Sunday
    02-08-13 04:46 AM
    I have been trying to figure out how to "share" photos on the z10 FB app, however I can not find the option anywhere? Normally the "share" button is beside the "Like, Comment" buttons under the picture. Does this FB app not have the option to share ???
    Also I do not see anywhere to do the 'poke' option.
    02-08-13 06:41 PM
    you need to go to the facebook page on any browser and set to most currents instead of top
    hvacdon likes this.
    02-08-13 06:49 PM
    The only browser I can change the news feed settings from "top" to "most current" is from my actual laptop. And I did change it on their. However on my phone I can't find anywhere where it gives the option to change that setting on the mobile or browser version of fb. It still doesn't give me a share option. Are you running the new z10 fb app ? and does your give you the share option? Thanks
    02-08-13 07:08 PM
    I am more disappointed we can't save pictures from the app.
    02-08-13 07:55 PM
    I am more disappointed that I can't post a photo without the app crashing.
    02-08-13 08:51 PM
    I noticed the Facebook app was built by RIM, sorry BlackBerry, not the FB dev team. Hopefully a nationwide version is on it's way (and Dropbox).

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    nquyen likes this.
    02-09-13 01:08 AM
    I don't have issues sharing images and video to Facebook. and I also have Dropbox

02-09-13 01:25 AM
    Dropbox is named connect to dropbox in BB10
    02-09-13 01:27 AM
    The Dropbox app is only a portal to the mobile site same as Facebook.
    02-09-13 01:28 AM
    Its my pages that i miss in particular 2 which i use loads ??? I cant see tbem anywhere on 7.1 they were in with the freinds section !!
    02-09-13 01:28 AM
    Neither of those things are even remotely true

02-09-13 01:29 AM
    The dropbox is a connector, it integrates in the file manager so you basically do not need an standalone app, it integrates just the same as in your pc, Facebook is built using native code, what you probably meant is web wrapper, but no is not.
    02-09-13 01:32 AM
    The dropbox is a connector, it integrates in the file manager so you basically do not need an standalone app, it integrates just the same as in your pc, Facebook is built using native code, what you probably meant is web wrapper, but no is not.
    I believe the dropbox integration is the deepest integration of any mobile platform.. agree?

02-09-13 01:34 AM
    I do agree
    02-09-13 01:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure Facebook is a wrapper, I need to dig deeper into the code. I'm not bothered about Dropbox to be honest. Glad to see Box is here.
    02-09-13 01:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure Facebook is a wrapper, I need to dig deeper into the code. I'm not bothered about Dropbox to be honest. Glad to see Box is here.
    I'm curious... (and I ask bc I really don't know). How does the Facebook app for Bb10 compare to other platforms?

02-09-13 02:00 AM
    Compared to Android, the BB10 Facebook app is as barebones as you can get - there's few settings and if you want to do anything meaningful, you're directed to the mobile site. Which sucks because the browser isn't set up as a fully fledged mobile browser.
    02-09-13 02:06 AM
    Compared to Android, the BB10 Facebook app is as barebones as you can get - there's few settings and if you want to do anything meaningful, you're directed to the mobile site. Which sucks because the browser isn't set up as a fully fledged mobile browser.
    Okay. How is the browser not setup as a fully fledged mobile browser? Do you mean that Facebook doesn't redirect to the modern mobile version of the website? (x.facebook.com)

02-09-13 02:12 AM
    Yes, so that's exactly what I meant. Sorry, I'm not on the ball this week.
    However, I'd like a proper native version, like on Android or iOS. Are we third rate customers? No.
    02-09-13 12:25 PM
    Does somebody have the actual .bar file for BB10 Facebook app ?
    02-09-13 12:43 PM
    I do I'll post it later once I get to a pc

borceg likes this.
    02-09-13 12:50 PM
43 12