Because some ******* tried to break into my Facebook account I was forced to change my password and thus also forced to log out of and delete my hub facebook account and "upgrade". I now find that any extra information - such as cell numbers- added to the contacts are gone as well!

Did this really happen, or have I got this wrong somehow? Did BlackBerry really force this on users- to be forced at some point to delete their facebook account and then lose a bunch of contact info as a result? Without any sort of process available to automatically transfer user info over? If so, what an incredible F.U. that would be. Tell me it isn't so!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 03:28 PM
    Are you sure it was Facebook that told you an attempt had been made to break into your account?
    Did you log into your Facebook account the usual way, from the Facebook app, or did you click on a link conveniently supplied by the sender of an email or text?
    07-10-16 04:42 PM
    I received an email legitimately from Facebook asked me if I had tried to log in from somewhere in California. Since my password hadn't been changed for quite some time I thought it prudent to change it right away.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 06:26 PM
    So, in other words, no I'm not a complete *****.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 06:30 PM
    I got a similar email from "Apple" saying my account had been suspended when I was travelling last year. At first I assumed it was legitimate because I was logging in a long way from from home and I thought that must be the reason.

After looking at it more carefully though I realized it was a phishing scam and I did not use the link provided to log in. Then when I checked my status by loging in normally, there were no issues.
    07-10-16 06:40 PM
    If you deleted the old Facebook app that used the hub then reinstalled, you would lose the Facebook contacts on your phone. Facebook dropped support for bb10 and blackberry changed the app to a web link. The contact info should still be on your Facebook account page however.
    07-10-16 06:50 PM
    What I'm referring to is the contact information I had added to my Facebook contacts from my BlackBerry, not what was imported into contacts from Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 07:46 PM
    If you deleted the old Facebook app that used the hub then reinstalled, you would lose the Facebook contacts on your phone. Facebook dropped support for bb10 and blackberry changed the app to a web link. The contact info should still be on your Facebook account page however.
    Facebook didn't drop support as the Facebook app for BB10 was developed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    07-11-16 03:43 AM
    Because some ******* tried to break into my Facebook account I was forced to change my password and thus also forced to log out of and delete my hub facebook account and "upgrade". I now find that any extra information - such as cell numbers- added to the contacts are gone as well!

Did this really happen, or have I got this wrong somehow? Did BlackBerry really force this on users- to be forced at some point to delete their facebook account and then lose a bunch of contact info as a result? Without any sort of process available to automatically transfer user info over? If so, what an incredible F.U. that would be. Tell me it isn't so!

Posted via CB10
    I rolled back my run time which is better imo anyway and no more updates asking me to upgrade to the crappy 10.3.3....

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 07:35 PM