How are all these crappy apps getting into Blackberry world. Not only the developers are making fake reviews, they are deleting a lot of the bad ones. These terribly made apps are all at the top of the pages as well, hiding all the good apps that the developers take a long time to make. Most of these fake apps cost money. Like the examples below. Blackberry needs to start testing apps for functionality, to make sure the apps aren't fake or terribly made.

I do get the, "all the developers we can get approach". Since we are lacking in apps and this just bulks up Blackberry World full of apps. But is there a point in having all of these apps when they don't even work? This phone is a productivity tool, make it productive by cleaning up Blackberry World please!!!

Dear Blackberry, Please Fix Blackberry App World for BB10-img_20140408_091741.png
    Dear Blackberry, Please Fix Blackberry App World for BB10-img_20140408_091754.png
    Dear Blackberry, Please Fix Blackberry App World for BB10-img_20140408_092224.png
    Dear Blackberry, Please Fix Blackberry App World for BB10-img_20140408_092253.png
    Dear Blackberry, Please Fix Blackberry App World for BB10-img_20140408_091734.png
    04-08-14 08:58 AM
    Suggestions to help clean up Blackberry World:
    - Don't let developers delete and/or make their own reviews or star ratings

- To give developers another chance with their app. When there is a new version of their app, and there is 20+ new star ratings. The new average rating will replace the last versions rating.
    But make it so you can to see ratings/reviews from each version which which are shrunk/minimized. The only reviews/ratings that shouldn't be minimized is the current version's review/star ratings.

- Test each app that has been reported as fake/scam and if it doesn't work (no functionality) then give the developers a week to improve it before it gets removed from Blackberry World.

Overall, the rating/review system needs to be scrapped.
    04-16-14 09:19 PM
    I understand they want to make things as favorable as possible for developers. But what if a developer wants to make a great app and cares to make it of great quality? If she looks at the store now she would wonder how her app would ever be found in this mess.

This is pretty simple, right? BB can't win on quantity. Everyone knows that by now. So win on quality instead. Make it a great experience by showing users all the best apps and only the best apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-16-14 09:56 PM
    The dude who had the brilliant idea of letting devs delete reviews is probably the stupidest **** I've heard since putting a burger in a microwave wrapped in tinfoil
    04-17-14 01:41 AM
    I understand they want to make things as favorable as possible for developers. But what if a developer wants to make a great app and cares to make it of great quality? If she looks at the store now she would wonder how her app would ever be found in this mess.

This is pretty simple, right? BB can't win on quantity. Everyone knows that by now. So win on quality instead. Make it a great experience by showing users all the best apps and only the best apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:06 AM
    The dude who had the brilliant idea of letting devs delete reviews is probably the stupidest **** I've heard since putting a burger in a microwave wrapped in tinfoil
    The first time I used a microwave, in school lunch room, I placed a turkey leg wrapped in foil inside. No one went near it for the 5 minutes time I had set!!!! It was better than 4th of July!!!
    Djlatino likes this.
    04-17-14 10:08 AM
    The first time I used a microwave, in school lunch room, I placed a turkey leg wrapped in foil inside. No one went near it for the 5 minutes time I had set!!!! It was better than 4th of July!!!
    hahahah that's hilarious. I have a couple friends who have put foil in the microwave in front of me. They were all between 19-21 years old. All blondes obviously..
    04-17-14 12:23 PM
    hahaha deleting reviews is weird but useful sometimes. Because what I noticed with my apps is that:
    1. If the app satisfies the user, most users would not want to go all the way back to appworld to make a positive review, they only make reviews when they are angry.

2. Reviews are to make the developer improve(that's if it makes sense) some might give a 1 star and put random characters as the review. I delete such reviews
    Amonchakai likes this.
    02-20-15 01:47 AM