I made the mistake of downloading the new update for Tinder from Snap. Unfortunately, the new version won't work without Google Play Services, so the app is useless.

I'm trying out the Dater 3rd party Tinder client from Nemory Studios. I have to say I find it pretty terrible so far.

It's very slow and lags constantly. From the time I hit the pass button or swipe left it can be over a minute before the new match appears. Same thing with messages. After hitting the send button it can easily be 1-2 minutes before the messages appears in the sent section. And every now and again the whole app crashes and just closes.

It was supposed to come with a 7 day trial of the "pro" version, but I got 3 days for some reason. Considering all of the problems I can't see the point in paying for the pro version now that my trial is up.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this app?

Are there any other 3rd party Tinder apps available in either BlackBerry World or through Snap?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    10-07-15 10:44 AM
    There are some threads here that show how to download Google play services. I followed the instructions to get Google maps and Uber to work on my passport. Have a look. Might work.

General advice with snap is not to update an app if it is working correctly and just keep using the older working version.

Regarding Dater - haven't used that but get ready for the inevitable onslaught of insults from Nimory. He is quite active on these forums and acts like a child to any criticism regarding his work.

He is also known for putting a large number of paid apps out there and then forgetting about them - no updates.

Hope you find a way to get your app to work

Posted via CB10
    BoyTanggol likes this.
    10-07-15 11:04 AM