Recently BlackBerry World had a selection of navigation apps on sale. Personally, I use NavFree. Good app, free, does what it is supposed to do. But it lacks a bit of flair. So I whas thinking, what is the coolest navigation app you know, on either BB10 or Android?

I found "Black Ops Maps", it has a very cool dark blackground, like it came out of a spy movie. And also some othter one with topographical information, like diferences in altitude and terrain.

Which is the coolest you know, on either look or features? Extra points for sugesting a free app
    06-05-14 10:15 AM
    I don't know how cool it is, but I use Mireo Don't panic because I am on Wind in Canada and while they have good coverage with unlimited data in their home zones, you get charged for data when you are away and that is in most rural areas. Therefore a map application that downloads the maps as you travel would be very expensive. With Mireo, you purchase the Tom Tom maps for all of North America save to your SD Card and you are good to go without any on the road data use. May not be cool but it is practical.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    06-05-14 10:38 AM
    Cool is not my priority. Functionality is very high on my list. Waze is my choice. Using the .apk from Google Play store as that runs a bit better for me than the ported app in BlackBerry World. Either way the app is my first choice.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-05-14 11:11 AM
    I've been using Waze (from snap) but lately it has been annoying me with slow starts, random crashes, and big advertising banners. [Z10 TMO USA 10.2.1]

Going to try NavFree for a while. Seems to offer similar crowd sourced data like Waze.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 08:09 PM
    Waze is terribly slow for me. Both the one from Play (Snap) and the one from BlackBerry World.

NavFree is good but it doesn't compare to Google Maps, I cycle a lot and the directions aren't great for this sort of thing. Plus I also take transit a lot, I use ETA Transit or something similar to that.

I have Google Maps installed but it also doesn't run well. Not really interested in paying for BeMaps Pro at $3.99 either as it is just Google Maps.
    06-08-14 09:40 PM
    Google maps 6.14.5. Performs well and has a very robust feature set. I prefer it over google maps 7+.
    06-09-14 12:22 AM
    Google maps 6.14.5. Performs well and has a very robust feature set. I prefer it over google maps 7+.
    That's good thinking, I'll give that a shot. Does it require Google Play Services as it is older?

EDIT: Tried it. Very crash happy for me.
    Last edited by TheVakman; 06-09-14 at 07:28 AM.
    06-09-14 07:15 AM
    That's good thinking, I'll give that a shot. Does it require Google Play Services as it is older?

EDIT: Tried it. Very crash happy for me.
    Are you on stl100-1?
    06-09-14 08:21 AM
    Navfree is perfect for offline maps

BlackBerry maps teamed up with foursquare and driveopedia(used to be updatein places) for POI.

Only since BlackBerry maps is the only maps app that looks like an actual garmin or tomtom gps.
    The turn by turn out plays any app even google maps becaus eits a real gps turn by turn instead of dumb birds eye view.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 08:38 AM
    I use a combination of bb maps and miero don't panic. I did download NavFree and while it's great and free, it lacked the ability to store maps on the sd card.

I did confirm with the developer that it's An upcoming feature in near future updates.

Cheers
    06-09-14 01:01 PM
    Are you on stl100-1?
    Nope, -3. It seems to only crash now if I try to open settings which makes sense I think.
    06-09-14 02:52 PM
    Nope, -3. It seems to only crash now if I try to open settings which makes sense I think.
    If you install Google login services and patched google play services, it won't crash in settings (and will let you log in to your Google account).
    06-09-14 03:37 PM