So it's to my understanding that when one swipes down from the top of the screen to access the drop down menu, that menu should be used for options, settings and other options that aren't commonly used. With that being said, I see some developers using that particular menu for others things or even putting an option that shouldn't necessarily be there. Also, some devs will put a settings options in plain sight and also put the settings option in the drop down menu. To me this seems redundant and confusing as to what to expect from certain menus, especially when you start using multiple applications that utilize these menus differently. This is also the case when it comes to the options that are always visible at the bottom of the screen and the menu accessible by swiping from the left to right. There will be three options at the bottom of the screen and then when you swipe from the left you see those same three options including a few additional ones. Once again this just makes the navigation experience seem sloppy and unorganized. I believe that all of the accessible menus should designated for a particular "genre" of options. There may even be too many menu options to choose from considering how android only really has one main options menu which is accessible on the left side of any application. Is there anyone else that feels the same way?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:58 PM
    Devs have some leeway as to how the place stuff in their apps.

As long as the overall experience is not totally messed up, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Specially when we have android apps in the mix that just DON'T work that way.
    04-24-14 08:18 PM
    Yeah you have the pull down. Then there's also the overflow menus. Even some of the core apps are done inconsistently. Perhaps there's a logic we are missing?

Well the hub uses the overflow whereas lots of other apps are using the pull down. But then the hub is at the lowest "layer" of the interface. Therefore it can't pull down. Because that gesture is for quick settings in the OS.
    04-24-14 08:23 PM
    I like the redundancies and alternate ways of doing things.
    Everyone uses their devices differently, and some ways of doing things may appeal to them rather than other ways.
    I'm just glad the options "are" there when native apps are compared to Android apps.
    04-24-14 08:28 PM