Is there anyway to communicate between the android runtime and the blackberry native. For example, if I want the blackberry native app to launch the android apk. Can blackberry send an intent to the android runtime? Also can they share a file on the SD card?
    11-26-13 01:14 PM
    Sharing a file on the SD Card can be done.

--------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    11-26-13 01:18 PM
    ......Also can you run Android Launchers with the new runtime? The blackberry engineers have really outdone themselves this time. Good stuff..
    11-26-13 01:20 PM
    Yes it can. One sample.is invocation framework. There are android apps that have a camera button, it then opens BlackBerry native camera, also sharing to social apps

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-26-13 01:21 PM
    you will be able to invoke a android app from native i the future i think
    11-26-13 01:21 PM
    Thanks for all the responses
    11-26-13 01:43 PM
    I have tried to write /accounts/1000/shared/misc/test and /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/test from the android runtime All I get is FileNotFoundException. Should I be looking at a different file path? From what I have read the shared should be accessible from other applications, not sure about the sd card. Either way I just need a shared file between the running android apk and the blackberry app.
    11-27-13 12:30 PM
    The other option mentioned by NemOry was the invocation framework. I am not sure if this is possible. How do you declare the android app to be the invocation target. This is supposed to be done by declaring itself as a target in its bar-descriptor.xml file which android obviously does not have. Is there another way you can declare an invocation target in the android app?
    https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...nvocation.html
    11-27-13 12:48 PM
    I have tried to write /accounts/1000/shared/misc/test and /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/test from the android runtime All I get is FileNotFoundException. Should I be looking at a different file path? From what I have read the shared should be accessible from other applications, not sure about the sd card. Either way I just need a shared file between the running android apk and the blackberry app.
    Try this path instead: /sdcard/external_sd/test

--------------------

11-27-13 01:34 PM
    The other option mentioned by NemOry was the invocation framework. I am not sure if this is possible. How do you declare the android app to be the invocation target. This is supposed to be done by declaring itself as a target in its bar-descriptor.xml file which android obviously does not have. Is there another way you can declare an invocation target in the android app?
    https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...nvocation.html
    I hope I am not mistaken, but this will only be possible in BB 10.2.1

Correction: this is what's coming in BB 10.2.1: "Android applications that register with the share framework in Android will now also appear as share targets on the BlackBerry 10 share menu."

--------------------

Last edited by serbanescu; 11-27-13 at 02:01 PM.
    11-27-13 01:43 PM
    I am running 10.2.1 beta
    11-27-13 01:49 PM
    Correction: this is what's coming in BB 10.2.1: "Android applications that register with the share framework in Android will now also appear as share targets on the BlackBerry 10 share menu."

Source: Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer

--------------------

11-27-13 01:57 PM
    Awesome. Hopefully there is some documentation on that, haven't been able to find any yet..
    11-27-13 02:01 PM
    Solved!

To read a file off the sdcard in the Android runtime the file path should be /sdcard/yourfilename.txt. On the Blackberry side that file is located in device:/misc/android/yourfilename.txt

Another solution is the share framework v1 that serbanescu suggested. There is nothing special that has to be done to the Android application. As long as the intent-filter will support android.intent.action.SEND and support the right mimeType for the data, it will show up in the share menu.
    11-28-13 08:49 AM