Hey Z10ers! Is there a section in BBWorld that has the Certified apps? The one's that are promised 10K by BBRY. Have there been many released yet? I know that this is supposed to be a major feature for BB10 - quality apps. I'm curious to see how that's going.
    02-02-13 04:19 PM
    There's only been a handful of apps actually approved for BFB. None of mine were.
    02-03-13 06:18 PM
    Better get cracking then, good to know the program is all about quality.
    02-03-13 07:28 PM
    This program is so hard to get into that I decided to not even bother trying. I figured that if BB10 becomes even a moderate success I should be able to get that $10k on my own easily. I made way more than that on webOS and you can't really say that OS was a success at all. I've seen many people try and get denied. As much as I love BlackBerry I think this one just wasn't worth it.
    02-04-13 01:42 AM
    This program is so hard to get into that I decided to not even bother trying. I figured that if BB10 becomes even a moderate success I should be able to get that $10k on my own easily. I made way more than that on webOS and you can't really say that OS was a success at all. I've seen many people try and get denied. As much as I love BlackBerry I think this one just wasn't worth it.
    To be quite honest I think the 10k commitment was grossly misrepresented by RIM. I remember sitting in the audience when Alec Sanders first announced it at BB Jam. He made it sound so easy. Then for months they promoted it as simply "submit an app and you'll make $10,000". They when they released the requirements they were so vague even if you did meet the required functions/features most apps were still denied. But in reality the requirements were so high that the majority of apps that applied were denied.

Ive submitted about 80 BB10 apps to BB World now, I only applied for 2 of them for Built for BB (the 2 I spent the most work on and were the best in my opinion). Both were denied.
    02-04-13 08:27 AM
    Which 2? I'd like to check them out when I get my z10 so I can get an idea of how that whole thing worked
    02-04-13 08:51 AM
    First one is here: BlackBerry World - Wallpaper Changer HD The build up there right now isn't the current one. I submitted a new build with new features and it's been waiting for 2 weeks for approval. It met all the requirements, it is efficient on cpu/battery, uses BBM integration, uses the invocation framework (lets you share your wallpaper over bbm, twitter, facebook etc), provides genuine entertainment value (always a fresh wallpaper, next best thing to themes), has in app purchases to buy additional wallpaper packs, and has free wallpaper packs that can be downloaded through the app.

Other one isn't up for sale yet, working on some changes for it.
    02-04-13 08:58 AM
    test tapyhold lite, built for blackberry award
    02-04-13 03:48 PM
    First one is here: BlackBerry World - Wallpaper Changer HD The build up there right now isn't the current one. I submitted a new build with new features and it's been waiting for 2 weeks for approval. It met all the requirements, it is efficient on cpu/battery, uses BBM integration, uses the invocation framework (lets you share your wallpaper over bbm, twitter, facebook etc), provides genuine entertainment value (always a fresh wallpaper, next best thing to themes), has in app purchases to buy additional wallpaper packs, and has free wallpaper packs that can be downloaded through the app.

Other one isn't up for sale yet, working on some changes for it.
    I think this app is a safe bet and i don't why they rejected, but anyways I think you will make a killer profit on this app as I can see a lot of people buying it.
    02-04-13 06:38 PM
    I think this app is a safe bet and i don't why they rejected, but anyways I think you will make a killer profit on this app as I can see a lot of people buying it.
    Ya I'm not too worried, I think it will do well regardless.
    02-04-13 07:51 PM
    You can search for "built for blackberry" in blackberry world that should give you a list of b4bb apps.
    02-04-13 08:16 PM