CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!
Looking for a new Sports Tracking Application? Want a native app? CascaRun is now available!
CascaRun provides an efficient way to record your trainings (running, biking, hiking, driving, ...) and has a high focus on accuracy and usability. During trainings, you get access to the current training progress (time, distance, speed, pace, lap time, ...) as well a live map, an interval table and diagram. And after your runs, a very powerful "replay" mode allows you to visualize all your trainings and get access to the stats.
- App Name: CascaRun
- Summary: GPS Sports Tracking Application
- Link to BlackBerry World Listing: BlackBerry World - CascaRun Sports Tracker
- Price: 3,99$
BBM channel: C00123D07
Some of its features:
- Powerful filter for better accuracy (online + offline)
- Heart Rate Monitoring (HRM) using Bluetooth Smart/Low Energy heart rate monitors (since v1.1.0) as well as some non-smart devices (Zephyr HxM, Polar Wearlink/H1/H2)
- Lock Screen
- Live map (Blackberry, OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, MapQuest, ...)
- Statistics (interval table, diagram) (online + offline)
- Interactive training review
- Flash Light (for night runs!)
- Gestures (e.g.: to lock/unlock screen)
- User-friendly, Cascades UI
- Supports Z10 and Q10 displays
- Minimal resource usage
- GPX import and export
- Send by e-mail and social sharing (optional) (since 1.3.1)
- No registration needed, no contact list permission, no spying
A few screenshots:
Your feedback is welcome We are planning to add many features (like voice feedback) and with your support and thanks to the great BB10 SDK, we aim to develop the best sports tracking application ever!
Update (2013.09.19): Release 1.3.2 is now available and adds support for older monitors (Zephyr HxM, Polar Wearlink, ...) and includes improvements for all Bluetooth Smart devices
Update (2013.09.25): added BBM channel (C00123D07)
Last edited by CascaRunner; 09-25-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Added 1.3.2 featuresThanked by 14:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
Chriz (07-03-2013), gg22 (06-18-2013), Lendo (10-04-2014), mad.dog99 (06-26-2013), mrskycar (09-21-2013), pantlesspenguin (06-18-2013), Patrik QNX (10-30-2013), r0v3rT3N (06-18-2013), RECOOL (06-18-2013), shads77 (06-18-2013), sirk25 (06-20-2013), the_igg (06-18-2013), xsacha (06-18-2013), yvpan1 (06-25-2013)
Such an app cannot be "quickly" developed The backend needs quite a lot of calculations (especially the GPS filter) but the UI part with Cascades was very pleasant to develop. The most difficult part was to implement the map view, but BlackBerry has been improving it a lot since the first SDK release.
- CrackBerry Addict
06-18-2013, 06:59 AM #7
- 613 Posts
Looks interesting. It wasn't mentioned and I didn't want to assume; will this app work for skiing? It's a bit warm here to test it out, but this is something I would definitely use when it comes time to hit the slopes again.
Posted via BBCBZ10"You ever make fun of someone so much, you think you should thank them for all the good times you've had?"
- CrackBerry Abuser
06-18-2013, 10:41 AM #13
- 254 Posts
Is it possible to enter activities manually? I would love to get rid of the buggy runtastic android port but I have saved 1000 km of walking I don't want to "lose".
I would be fine if I just could enter one 1000km trip and pick up from there.
Posted via CB10
A GUI-based import is planned but in the meanwhile, there is a unofficial way to import GPX workouts:
- Rename the gpx files <filename>.gpx into <filename>_raw.mrgpx
- Copy them into the data/Trainings directory (inside the app sandbox)
- Start CascaRun
- Enjoy the replay feature
- 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM #15
I am definitely going to buy this, this will be an excellent application for when I go hiking!
I have been stuck using endomondo, which is an android port, I will be much happier to spend a few bucks for a native application.
Also, have you done any testing on how long the Z10 battery lasts with this in use?
Endomondo drains my battery... (Maybe because it is an android port)Check out my app: CChecker
- 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM #19
This is awesome and have been waiting for something like this. Can't wait to try it out on my run tonight. One question, but not a deal breaker in any way, does it allow for remote tracking? For example, if my family wanted to track my run and progress from home or something?
Bye Bye Endomondo
Thanks in advance for this app and I am sure future enhancements will contiune to make it even better.
Battery usage is always a sensible topic I have no exact number yet and it will probably be better to have more feedback but generally, the power usage is quite low, especially if you don't use the map and the diagram. Of course, GPS usage is still quite demanding but it definitly requires much less resources than an Android port.
- CrackBerry Addict
06-18-2013, 11:41 AM #22"You ever make fun of someone so much, you think you should thank them for all the good times you've had?"
- 613 Posts
- 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM #23
Rather than import .gpx files, can you simply enter a manual workout, i.e. strength training, treadmill run, etc? I'm willing to purchase the app, but many of my workouts are on the treadmill or strength training and I don't want to have to run to my laptop to enter them.
- 06-18-2013, 11:27 PM #24
Just purchased! I can't wait to try it out while on vacation in a few days! I get lost in my parents' neighborhood when I'm not paying attention to where I'm going so the map will come in handy!Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- By DJ Reyes in forum BB 10 Developers HangoutReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
- By schoondy in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 10Last Post: 03-21-2010, 09:59 PM
- By schoondy in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
- By avolcoff in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
- By substring in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 20Last Post: 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM