Looking for a new Sports Tracking Application? Want a native app? CascaRun is now available!

CascaRun provides an efficient way to record your trainings (running, biking, hiking, driving, ...) and has a high focus on accuracy and usability. During trainings, you get access to the current training progress (time, distance, speed, pace, lap time, ...) as well a live map, an interval table and diagram. And after your runs, a very powerful "replay" mode allows you to visualize all your trainings and get access to the stats.

CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-icon_small.png

BBM channel: C00123D07

Some of its features:
    - Powerful filter for better accuracy (online + offline)
    - Heart Rate Monitoring (HRM) using Bluetooth Smart/Low Energy heart rate monitors (since v1.1.0) as well as some non-smart devices (Zephyr HxM, Polar Wearlink/H1/H2)
    - Lock Screen
    - Live map (Blackberry, OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, MapQuest, ...)
    - Statistics (interval table, diagram) (online + offline)
    - Interactive training review
    - Flash Light (for night runs!)
    - Gestures (e.g.: to lock/unlock screen)
    - User-friendly, Cascades UI
    - Supports Z10 and Q10 displays
    - Minimal resource usage
    - GPX import and export
    - Send by e-mail and social sharing (optional) (since 1.3.1)
    - No registration needed, no contact list permission, no spying

A few screenshots:
    CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-small1.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-trainingstats.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-replay1.png
    CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-training4.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-lockscreen.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-replaytable.pngCascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-diagram.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-calendar.png CascaRun, a native BB10/Cascades Sports Tracking application, is now available!-replay1.png

Your feedback is welcome We are planning to add many features (like voice feedback) and with your support and thanks to the great BB10 SDK, we aim to develop the best sports tracking application ever!

Update (2013.09.19): Release 1.3.2 is now available and adds support for older monitors (Zephyr HxM, Polar Wearlink, ...) and includes improvements for all Bluetooth Smart devices

Update (2013.09.25): added BBM channel (C00123D07)
    Last edited by CascaRunner; 09-25-13 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Added 1.3.2 features
    06-18-13 04:30 AM
    WE LOVE NATIVE!! CASCADES IS AWESOME!!!

Was it quick to build the app??
    06-18-13 04:39 AM
    Such an app cannot be "quickly" developed The backend needs quite a lot of calculations (especially the GPS filter) but the UI part with Cascades was very pleasant to develop. The most difficult part was to implement the map view, but BlackBerry has been improving it a lot since the first SDK release.

WE LOVE NATIVE!! CASCADES IS AWESOME!!!

Was it quick to build the app??
    06-18-13 04:47 AM
    that's great!
    "- No registration needed, no contact list permission, no spying"
    06-18-13 05:54 AM
    Nice!! Looks even better than Sportstracker!
    Thanks for your hard work!
    06-18-13 06:16 AM
    that's great!
    "- No registration needed, no contact list permission, no spying"
    Yeah, this is the main reason why I will try it out actually

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:21 AM
    Looks interesting. It wasn't mentioned and I didn't want to assume; will this app work for skiing? It's a bit warm here to test it out, but this is something I would definitely use when it comes time to hit the slopes again.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    06-18-13 06:59 AM
    Yes, and by the time you can ski again, BB10.2 will be available with altimeter support (will be useful for skiing).
    06-18-13 07:02 AM
    Only available for 10.1?

Looks great by the way, but I'm stuck on 10.0 (not a leak installing kind of guy)

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:38 AM
    Bluetooth HR monitor support?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:41 AM
    Not yet, development so far has been focused on usability, GPS filtering and CascaRun's unique features (such as interactive replay and lock screen). But HR monitoring is definitly on the roadmap!

Bluetooth HR monitor support?

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-18-13 08:50 AM
    Ok Just bought it! Keep going!

Posted via CB10
    CascaRunner likes this.
    06-18-13 09:42 AM
    Is it possible to enter activities manually? I would love to get rid of the buggy runtastic android port but I have saved 1000 km of walking I don't want to "lose".

I would be fine if I just could enter one 1000km trip and pick up from there.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:41 AM
    A GUI-based import is planned but in the meanwhile, there is a unofficial way to import GPX workouts:
    - Rename the gpx files <filename>.gpx into <filename>_raw.mrgpx
    - Copy them into the data/Trainings directory (inside the app sandbox)
    - Start CascaRun
    - Enjoy the replay feature

Is it possible to enter activities manually? I would love to get rid of the buggy runtastic android port but I have saved 1000 km of walking I don't want to "lose".

I would be fine if I just could enter one 1000km trip and pick up from there.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:50 AM
    I am definitely going to buy this, this will be an excellent application for when I go hiking!
    I have been stuck using endomondo, which is an android port, I will be much happier to spend a few bucks for a native application.
    Also, have you done any testing on how long the Z10 battery lasts with this in use?
    Endomondo drains my battery... (Maybe because it is an android port)
    06-18-13 11:02 AM
    A GUI-based import is planned but in the meanwhile, there is a unofficial way to import GPX workouts:
    - Rename the gpx files <filename>.gpx into <filename>_raw.mrgpx
    - Copy them into the data/Trainings directory (inside the app sandbox)
    - Start CascaRun
    - Enjoy the replay feature

Where would I find these .gpx files?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:11 AM
    Anyone tested this on 10.0? By the time VZW releases the 10.1 update, there will be snow on the ground.
    06-18-13 11:13 AM
    I am not an Runtastic expert but I guess it has a way to export workouts to .gpx files (at least from the website).

Where would I find these .gpx files?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:19 AM
    This is awesome and have been waiting for something like this. Can't wait to try it out on my run tonight. One question, but not a deal breaker in any way, does it allow for remote tracking? For example, if my family wanted to track my run and progress from home or something?
    Bye Bye Endomondo
    Thanks in advance for this app and I am sure future enhancements will contiune to make it even better.
    06-18-13 11:20 AM
    Remote tracking is not yet supported but that's a good idea. It will require a dedicated webserver and a growing CascaRun team, though. And more privacy settings

This is awesome and have been waiting for something like this. Can't wait to try it out on my run tonight. One question, but not a deal breaker in any way, does it allow for remote tracking? For example, if my family wanted to track my run and progress from home or something?
    Bye Bye Endomondo
    Thanks in advance for this app and I am sure future enhancements will contiune to make it even better.
    ESCON likes this.
    06-18-13 11:23 AM
    Battery usage is always a sensible topic I have no exact number yet and it will probably be better to have more feedback but generally, the power usage is quite low, especially if you don't use the map and the diagram. Of course, GPS usage is still quite demanding but it definitly requires much less resources than an Android port.

I am definitely going to buy this, this will be an excellent application for when I go hiking!
    I have been stuck using endomondo, which is an android port, I will be much happier to spend a few bucks for a native application.
    Also, have you done any testing on how long the Z10 battery lasts with this in use?
    Endomondo drains my battery... (Maybe because it is an android port)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-18-13 11:29 AM
    Yes, and by the time you can ski again, BB10.2 will be available with altimeter support (will be useful for skiing).
    Excellent news. I'm going to give this a go. Thanks for investing in developing for the platform.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    06-18-13 11:41 AM
    Rather than import .gpx files, can you simply enter a manual workout, i.e. strength training, treadmill run, etc? I'm willing to purchase the app, but many of my workouts are on the treadmill or strength training and I don't want to have to run to my laptop to enter them.
    06-18-13 03:47 PM
    Just purchased! I can't wait to try it out while on vacation in a few days! I get lost in my parents' neighborhood when I'm not paying attention to where I'm going so the map will come in handy!
    06-18-13 11:27 PM
    Can you make a Short how to video ?
    06-19-13 01:25 AM
524 123 ...