Thanks for the mention of going to their site. Hopefully it works. It was working great and I used it to pay until they did the security updates.. couldn't get in and now I locked out. Was in once after the update... long enough to see that 1 of the 2 gift cards I had loaded, I lost $$'s on when the security change happened and I no longer have the card, to reload it :/
    What a pain in the...
    08-20-14 11:18 PM
    The update was a disaster.
    Tim's is more interested in their own security than customers.
    Lost my card
    List my payment ability

Worked before.

Posted by Jerbru
    08-21-14 08:39 PM
    The update was a disaster.

Lost my card
    List my payment ability

Worked before.
    It DID work.. not sure why they messed with it. I also lost the small amount of funds I had in there.

I went to the web site & logged in using the same info. that it would not longer let me do on the app.. After I was logged in, I opened the app & tried yet again to log in & it worked. So, here's hoping it continues to work.

What a complete pain in the tush!
    08-21-14 09:07 PM
    Thanks for the mention of going to their site. Hopefully it works. It was working great and I used it to pay until they did the security updates.. couldn't get in and now I locked out. Was in once after the update... long enough to see that 1 of the 2 gift cards I had loaded, I lost $$'s on when the security change happened and I no longer have the card, to reload it :/
    What a pain in the...
    I did an NCF payment at Tim's in Acton two nights ago and the two teenagers behind the counter said "That is the coolest thing I have ever seen, I'm so buying a BlackBerry! "

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    towngirl likes this.
    08-21-14 09:13 PM
    I did an NCF payment at Tim's in Acton two nights ago and the two teenagers behind the counter said "That is the coolest thing I have ever seen, I'm so buying a BlackBerry! "

I was finding cashiers didn't have a clue how to make it work.. it goes under Gift Card, & not debit. But they were starting to get the hang of it just as the TimmyMe app changed & I was kicked out. Hoping to try it again, soon now that I can get in again.
    08-21-14 09:16 PM
    I get lots of comments 'that's so cool'. I only pay with my phone now. The app works great, I don't know why everyone is having issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:04 AM
    I was finding cashiers didn't have a clue how to make it work.. it goes under Gift Card, & not debit. But they were starting to get the hang of it just as the TimmyMe app changed & I was kicked out. Hoping to try it again, soon now that I can get in again.
    Ya although I have been using it for at least a year...they are still very clueless. Yes, just tell them Tim card and nothing else, let them pass you terminal, the chip for the Z10 is in the middle of the battery door so place your phone over the center of the glass on the terminal. The chip for the Z30 is closer to the top of the battery door.

towngirl likes this.
    08-23-14 02:36 PM
    delete the app
    go to the tim's browser web site
    change your password, following their directions
    re-download the app
    enter username and new password
    and it should work, mine did after doing that
    Good luck!
    towngirl likes this.
    09-09-14 08:12 PM
    Actually, what I ended up doing was logging into the website then the app simultaneously. That finally worked! Didn't have to delete the app & reinstall, either. But I never did get the funds of my last 2 gift cards back
    09-09-14 08:16 PM
    If you have the physical card (which you should keep) you can use it. Your money isn't gone. They would have recorded all transactions.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:24 AM
    If you have the physical card (which you should keep) you can use it. Your money isn't gone. They would have recorded all transactions.
    Posted via CB10
    Prior to all of this, I was not aware the cards needed to be retained so I do not have the physical cards (so the $$ is gone). & had the app not changed I wouldn't have lost the funds on it. Actually, if I'd know there was a major change in the app coming, I would have waited to load the cards. The amount totaled less than $20 so I'm not too upset about it. Had it been more, I would be upset.

I now retain the card until the $$'s are gone.
    09-11-14 05:59 AM
36 12