Anyone else having an issue with this app?

It was working fine the other day and suddenly today it stopped working. It's now asking me to log in.

Upon doing so, it asks me to change my password. I do so but when saving my changes, it produces an error.

Doesn't say what the error is... just error.

I've tried rebooting, re-installing app and the same problem.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    05-01-14 01:52 PM
    Reinstall the app. If not email tims support. Mobile applications. Mine works fine and have not used it for months. Easier to take a toonie from my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 03:03 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing asking for login then gives login error and can't tap and pay. Has worked fine for months until now

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    05-01-14 03:47 PM
    They did some sort of a security update on their Tim Card website. If you go to the website it will prompt you to change your password like on the app, but give you a whole bunch of requirements (6-20 characters. Has to start with a letter. Has to have at least one capital letter and one lower case letter. Has to have at least one number. Has to have a special character. Cannot have a space.) but the app doesn't tell you all of these stupid requirements (which actually make it easier for a computer program to guess a password, go figure all of these "security features" actually make our passwords less secure).

However, after changing the password on the website and relogging into the TimmyMe app, the Tim Cards no longer load. So I can't view my balance or pay with the app. I tried emailing customer service through BB World, but the email they have provided does not work (returned as a delivery failure). I checked on their twitter account and this is a pretty widespread issue, apparently and they say they are working on fixing it.
    blakobecwa and towngirl like this.
    05-01-14 03:59 PM
    That sucks!

Honestly since all the important info is linked to your account and not exactly locally from the app, I'd say delete the app, reset your device, and reinstall it again. Hopefully the fresh login will fix it all.

Has anyone experiencing this issue tried this yet? (i.e. deleting app, device reset, re-installing app)

*** EDIT ***
    I see OP already mentions rebooting and reinstalling app. Didn't catch that the first time...
    05-01-14 05:43 PM
    They seem to have changed the card provider. When you attempt to register an account, the new system will not accept a Canadian postal code.

I have contacted their support about it, so if they reply, I'll post what I learn here.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    05-01-14 05:52 PM
    Thanks.

Well, if you are reading this Tim's, I'm going to your competitor Starbucks now.

Their Android port app works perfect for me. Reload and all.

Peace

05-01-14 10:10 PM
    Here is you answer I spoke with Tim Card support..they are aware if the problem. No ETA on the fix (mobile app and Web site fix not Java fix ). They are working on it.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-01-14 10:17 PM
    Not working since yesterday but I'm able to sign in - doesn't show card balance or anything.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:52 PM
    I'm glad to hear they know about the problem and I hope they fix it soon I reloaded my Timmie's card the other day and now my card is gone from the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:27 AM
    Ya I managed to log in to the app with the new requirements to the password but I haven't use it recently. The app has no barcode option so it is unusable right now.
    The good thing is that the android app of Starbucks works great. Balance and stars and all.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    05-02-14 08:39 AM
    Ya I managed to log in to the app with the new requirements to the password but I haven't use it recently. The app has no barcode option so it is unusable right now.
    The good thing is that the android app of Starbucks works great. Balance and stars and all.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    Yep!!

I've been using Starbucks and with each passing scan I am forgetting about Tim's.

It's Tim's loss. The longer it takes to sort this out the greater the chance of losing customers.

Weird how business is, it takes so much effort to gain customers but so easy to lose them.

05-02-14 10:42 AM
    Something is seriously wrong if you are picking your coffee based on how you pay for your coffee not the coffee you want!

Posted via CB10
    towngirl likes this.
    05-02-14 05:53 PM
    Something is seriously wrong if you are picking your coffee based on how you pay for your coffee not the coffee you want!

Posted via CB10
    This^

Considering McDonalds HAS the superior coffee now a days. I rarely EVER go to Tims anymore. Been like that for over a year now. McDonalds got the recipe right, the cup design right, they nailed the coffee war IMO.

I got a $10 Tims card for my birthday last September... still has 8 bucks on it because I hardly use it. But using tap to pay is slick **** though.
    05-02-14 05:58 PM
    Looks like they fixed it, as it's working for me now.

Posted via CB10
    J Morehouse likes this.
    05-03-14 10:04 AM
    one of my Tim cards finally showed up (I have 2 registered).....but when you click pay now, it doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't usually carry my wallet with me at work. I do carry my phone. So for me the app is a wonderful solution. Otherwise I need to carry cash or gift cards on me.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-03-14 12:05 PM
    I haven't gone to Timmies since the app was bugged lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 02:37 PM
    All is good now for me, works just like before. Tap and pay is working also.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 09:42 AM
    I gave up. Never got my initial emails from them after many attempts.

BB Proud
    05-04-14 10:03 AM
    I gave up. Never got my initial emails from them after many attempts.

BB Proud
    Last time I emailed them about an issue they took almost 5 days to get back to me.

05-04-14 11:42 AM
    I still get the error communicating with server. Had to swipe my card. They are giving coupons for a free coffee for those who use the app on their smart phone

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 01:02 PM
    OK so here is what I did.

I logged into the Tim Horton's web site via my z30, logged in, and it immediately asked me to change my password to a combination of letters, numbers, one Capital Letter and a symbol. Changed my password. Immediately received email that my password was changed. Logged into the app and I'm good to go.

Already processed a payment via NFC at Tim Horton's, and merged a couple cards.

05-04-14 02:35 PM
    App update today.. Go Tims Go! lol
    05-06-14 06:18 PM
    still not working "error communicating with server"
    05-22-14 10:59 AM
36 12