Guys just want to ask,has anyone encountered the same problem,i can't seem to install Viber in my z10 stl002 is 10.2.1.2102 I already tried snap,i tried dppb,1mobilestore, even the blackberry world won't install it

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    04-24-14 06:24 PM
    Just be patient and keep checking back with BB World. The new version there should downloadable very soon if you're still getting an error trying to download it now.
    04-24-14 06:28 PM
    I can download the app,it just don't install, i always encounter problem installing

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:39 PM
    4.3.0.728 Works good on my Z10 running 10.2.1.2947

The only thing to be mindful of is the Activation.

When you put your mobile number in the box it pre empts your country code (mine is +44) so if your mobile number starts with a '0' you have to remove that and you'll receive your activation code. It will continually try to Activate but if you press the text box behind it it will allow you to enter your code.
    What it should really do is just show the text box and when you have entered your code then display the activation box. They will more than likely fix this though with another release.
    04-24-14 06:51 PM
    I was able to download viber10 from bbworld but it failed during registration stage, just cant send in my phone number. Deleted it and install viber via snap and registration was ok.

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    04-24-14 06:52 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:52 PM
    I read from the forum here that u are not supposed to delete right away you sideloaded viber first deactivate ur account and thrn delete the app, and after u download the viber app from app world u can log in again without error... it works promise!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but my problem is installing the app itself, not download or registration,
    04-24-14 07:07 PM
    04-24-14 07:24 PM
    I had encountered almost all if the problems mentioned.. from download to registration to activation.

For download, it might be network traffic, understandably many are downloading right now and most likely your download gets corrupted along the way. For me, I redo downloading more than 4 times, and the last one was via wifi and it took me almost 10mins to download the 16MB app from bbworld. To make sure everything is clean, try reset phone and redo download. Also try download and purposedly cancel the download to clear the cache.

For registration, what I learned from a user named 'rusty' is that it gives an error if the number is associated with another installation. Solution is delete the BBW version, install the previous viber the works (most likely from snap or direct apk), get into viber settings, deactivate the account, delete the viber app, go to bbw and download and install viber10 again, this time the registration will go through.

For activation, I also experienced the long wait. The simplest solution is to tap thr activation screen, it has a button to ask viber to call me. I click on the button and less than 30seconds viber call me and gave me my activation code. It does takes a while for the activation to finish (around 20secs max).

Now my problem is that viber was only able to import 8 contacts from my contact list. My contacts are all under gmail and no local. Ive a lit of sync/update but still the same.

Another problen is that my stickers are all gone.

Hope this help.

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    04-24-14 09:22 PM
    I had encountered almost all if the problems mentioned.. from download to registration to activation.

For download, it might be network traffic, understandably many are downloading right now and most likely your download gets corrupted along the way. For me, I redo downloading more than 4 times, and the last one was via wifi and it took me almost 10mins to download the 16MB app from bbworld. To make sure everything is clean, try reset phone and redo download. Also try download and purposedly cancel the download to clear the cache.

For registration, what I learned from a user named 'rusty' is that it gives an error if the number is associated with another installation. Solution is delete the BBW version, install the previous viber the works (most likely from snap or direct apk), get into viber settings, deactivate the account, delete the viber app, go to bbw and download and install viber10 again, this time the registration will go through.

For activation, I also experienced the long wait. The simplest solution is to tap thr activation screen, it has a button to ask viber to call me. I click on the button and less than 30seconds viber call me and gave me my activation code. It does takes a while for the activation to finish (around 20secs max).

Now my problem is that viber was only able to import 8 contacts from my contact list. My contacts are all under gmail and no local. Ive a lit of sync/update but still the same.

Another problen is that my stickers are all gone.

Hope this help.

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    I tried it out by I get the same results
    04-24-14 11:23 PM
    Hi ,
    I thought i was alone but there seems to be other users who are unable to download Viber from BB World. For me it shows the app is available but when click on download it throws up an error to the effect " The app cannot be purchased"
    I have been been trying repeatedly checking back to see if the problem has been fixed but to no avail. Its not like i want to use Viber , I just love the way BBM works .....
    Hope Blackberry can fix this error for the sake of millions of users who prefer to use more than one instant messaging app.

Gautham

Guys just want to ask,has anyone encountered the same problem,i can't seem to install Viber in my z10 stl002 is 10.2.1.2102 I already tried snap,i tried dppb,1mobilestore, even the blackberry world won't install it

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:41 PM
    No problem here
    Can't install Viber-img_20140425_101335.png

Motivational Quotes channel C0024F15B
    04-24-14 11:43 PM
    Hi ,
    The problems seems to be rectified , as i compose , the download as started.... will check and let everyone know whether its installing properly.

Regards,
    Gautham
    04-25-14 12:32 AM
    Installation is fine, but stuck at registration. I keep getting ERROR. I even tried de-activating from the other device then uninstalling and re-installing it. Same problem!
    04-25-14 12:58 AM
    Well for me,i never got thru the installation,
    04-25-14 03:42 AM
    yesterday i can't..but today it's ok. Just wait a little bit
    04-25-14 04:01 AM
    I tried deactivating on android and installed from BlackBerry world, and activated, it worked, seems to be some conflict happening if you had the app installed from android.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:12 AM
    My battery life is horrible after installing Viber and my Z10 isn't even my main device.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:19 AM
    yesterday i can't..but today it's ok. Just wait a little bit
    I guess I'll try it some other time
    04-25-14 05:31 AM
    Showing ERROR...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:36 AM
    I can install it but I can't connect with it

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:28 AM