Brand new Firefox OS and the first OS from Mozilla already has Candy Crush and legendary BlackBerry doesn't? That's completely unacceptable. Get your act together on that category BlackBerry. Seriously.
    10-25-13 09:21 AM
    Hi!
    Lots of people run Candy Crush on their Blackberries.
    10-25-13 09:23 AM
    ^That plus its the developer of the app that decides which platform they want their app on and not BBRY....
    10-25-13 09:25 AM
    Brand new Firefox OS and the first OS from Mozilla already has Candy Crush and legendary BlackBerry doesn't? That's completely unacceptable. Get your act together on that category BlackBerry. Seriously.
    It's not BlackBerry's doing, unless you're referring to how far they let the company fall before committing to the BB10 turn-around, as the app gap is a direct result of developer uncertainty in the future of the company.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:27 AM
    So Firefox already has a larger user base making it worth the devs time as it isn't worth their time for BBRY because the user base is small, right?
    10-25-13 09:35 AM
    It's not up to BB but BB can make it happen.

Also, it all seems fishy and BS. Netflix claims they don't release Netflix on BB because they think they won't get new customers, but they released Netflix on the Nintendo 3DS with that small and weak screen, and on PlayStation Vita that has under 3 million sold I think. I highly doubt releasing on 3DS will get them more customers than releasing on the huge BB base.
    10-25-13 11:01 AM
    Umm... FIreFox OS apps are HTML5. So it's essentially just like using the browser. Furthermore, the candy crush that you speak of was not uploaded by king.com. It's uploaded by an indie dev I suppose. It's the HTML5 version, and judging from the reviews, gameplay is not all that stellar. You can see from the store that they have quite a number of "big" apps like youtube, twitter and soundcloud. However, all of these are just the mobile sites repackaged.
    10-25-13 01:06 PM
    Umm... FIreFox OS apps are HTML5. So it's essentially just like using the browser. Furthermore, the candy crush that you speak of was not uploaded by king.com. It's uploaded by an indie dev I suppose. It's the HTML5 version, and judging from the reviews, gameplay is not all that stellar. You can see from the store that they have quite a number of "big" apps like youtube, twitter and soundcloud. However, all of these are just the mobile sites repackaged.
    Well explanation

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 01:09 PM
    I guess FirefoxOS uses Google play and has an android runtime (not sure), anyway you can sideload CandyCrush or play it through facebook web page on your browser, I made a post about it http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-860671/
    10-25-13 01:10 PM
    I guess FirefoxOS uses Google play and has an android runtime (not sure), anyway you can sideload CandyCrush or play it through facebook web page on your browser, I made a post about it http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-860671/
    I stand corrected, it was the ubuntu that was going to use the android store (google play) not FirefoxOS
    targaryen346 likes this.
    10-25-13 01:12 PM
    Firefox OS uses solely web apps. And that Candy Crush app is an off shoot of Candy Crush but not official

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:20 PM