I am currently using DocuShortcut to create a link to my logbook spreadsheet (I need to log miles of my car daily) and it works fine.

I also have NFC tag in my car that I scan as soon as I sit and it turns off my WiFi, BT on, and I would like it to be able to open that file with the same tag.

This wasn't possible with the previous SmartTag but with 10.2.1.1055 finally you can do smart trigers and open an app at the same time. The shortcut to the file isn't recognized as an app so I was wondering if I can build a simple app, possibly Android, that only opens that .xls file.

Appreciate any ideas.

Symbian, Maemo, WebOS, MeeGo, iOS, Android, and finaly peasce with BB10
    11-16-13 08:58 AM
    In BlackBerry world there is an app called shortcut creator.
    That does what you want.
    I use it for word docs, excel even pics and websites and sound files,
    It's very useful.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908873
    Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:55 AM
    Here is the support forum for Shortcut Creator

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...screen-783183/

Just create a file shortcut and pick the xls file and create the shortcut.
    der_mit likes this.
    11-16-13 09:59 AM
    In BlackBerry world there is an app called shortcut creator.
    That does what you want.
    I use it for word docs, excel even pics and websites and sound files,
    It's very useful.
    Shortcut Creator - BlackBerry World
    Posted via CB10
    Are you sure???
    I want to emphasize that a shortcut ONLY will not help me as smart tag doesn't recognize a shortcut as an app.
    Could you please try it with SmartTag (you don't need to have NFC tag) as the app is paid.
    11-16-13 10:59 AM
    Sorry, I'm not too familiar with NFC, but I think it could be done. Maybe smilie88 could confirm this.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:13 AM
    Open the SmartTags app, tap the "+" sign on the bottom _> select "Smart Trigers" -> Click the "+" in the middle of the screen -> Select "Launch App" from the list -> Click "Add" -> From the "Launch App" drop down, see if you can see your shortcuts listed. Take a screenshot if you can.

Thanks
    11-16-13 11:23 AM
    Open the SmartTags app, tap the "+" sign on the bottom _> select "Smart Trigers" -> Click the "+" in the middle of the screen -> Select "Launch App" from the list -> Click "Add" -> From the "Launch App" drop down, see if you can see your shortcuts listed. Take a screenshot if you can.

Thanks
    Sorry. No, the shortcuts aren't listed in the drop down, good luck with your quest.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    11-16-13 04:56 PM
    Try this:
    In Smart Tags, create a new tag using the "Other" option.
    In the URL field, put the URL of your file. For example, "file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/file.txt". Put whatever for the title.

I'm not sure if this will work. It might attempt to open the browser instead of actually opening the file, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edit: It looks like that Other option isn't part of the Smart Triggers, so you could only assign that one task. I don't have any NFC tags, but when I created the tag in Smart Tags, then tapped on it, it did actually open that file, but I had to tap Edit first in order to edit it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:26 PM
    Try this:
    In Smart Tags, create a new tag using the "Other" option.
    In the URL field, put the URL of your file. For example, "file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/file.txt". Put whatever for the title.

I'm not sure if this will work. It might attempt to open the browser instead of actually opening the file, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edit: It looks like that Other option isn't part of the Smart Triggers, so you could only assign that one task. I don't have any NFC tags, but when I created the tag in Smart Tags, then tapped on it, it did actually open that file, but I had to tap Edit first in order to edit it.

Posted via CB10
    You are right: Other and Web links can't be combined with smart trigers.
    I think with the pace BlackBerry is going, we will see this updated in the next or in a couple leaks.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:23 PM