Hi,
    I am looking into buying the new Z10, but i really would like to have these apps. Is it possible? I am a fan of BB, but if I can't have these apps... i might switch... I reaaallly like the build and feel of the z10.
    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Stephanie Sc; 03-28-13 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typing error
    vikramsinghnanua likes this.
    03-28-13 11:24 PM
    Instagram (android port) works. Skype is a NO, and I've got no idea what Shazam is.
    03-28-13 11:26 PM
    I thought skype said it was coming, also instagram

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:44 PM
    Skype is a YES! Both BlackBerry and Skype have confirmed.

Instagram on the other hand will need to be sideloaded until they hop on board.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 11:46 PM
    When I got my Z10 all I read was no WhatsUp,No Kindle, No BlackBerry Travel, Twitter and Facebook lacked....Guess what all solved!... And I'm only going on my 2nd month! imagine where we're going to be by the end of the summer? So to your questions grab a Z10 or Q10 and your Apps will be there!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:53 PM
    When I got my Z10 all I read was no WhatsUp,No Kindle, No BlackBerry Travel, Twitter and Facebook lacked....Guess what all solved!... And I'm only going on my 2nd month! imagine where we're going to be by the end of the summer? So to your questions grab a Z10 or Q10 and your Apps will be there!

Posted via CB10
    True but it's better if you get it for what the device can do now. Never good to buy something with the hopes that it will be better in the future. In the end that's all in is, just hope.

Posted via CB10
    saalnaz and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-29-13 12:26 AM
    One can only be that the momentum will continue. WhatsApp took a **** of a lot longer for WP8 than BB10. I have hope

Posted on my sexy Zee10 via the CB app
    03-29-13 02:21 AM
    Hi,
    I am looking into buying the new Z10, but i really would like to have these apps. Is it possible? I am a fan of BB, but if I can't have these apps... i might switch... I reaaallly like the build and feel of the z10.
    Thanks for your help!
    Skype has been confirmed to come. Shazam has also been confirmed to come. Instagram you can side load.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:11 AM
    I didn't think Shazam confirmed, but Sound Hound is on its way. We all thought Skype would be here by the US launch. It has to be a matter of days...

Assuming you're new to all this, "side loading" means taking some well-documented steps for loading the Android version of Instagram onto the Z10 yourself. If you search CB, you will find detailed instructions. Side loading does not always work.

There are lots of Android apps that already run on BB10 where the developers have modified the Android versions to work (usually) quite well on BB10. These aren't considered "side loaded" but they are also not considered "native" (i.e. built for BlackBerry) apps.

It's a new platform and not everything is here yet. I'd hate to tell you to "just wait a little longer" to see if the apps you need arrive because until they're here, there's nothing you can do and who knows what might happen such that they'll never get here. That being said, you can pretty confidently get a Z10 and have instagram and Skype. So if you can survive with Sound Hound at some point in the future instead of Shazam, then you're good to go. With enough Z10 subscribers, all the apps will end up on BB10 eventually. It's a chicken and egg thing.
    03-29-13 03:26 AM
    Honestly, if these apps are a must for YOU, DO NOT get the Z10, or I can guarantee that you'll be back here complaining next week. Instagram works as a port, and the performance is surprisingly good, but as a side loaded app, you will not get future updates, and it is a hassle. Skype is coming officially in BlackBerry world, but it will be an Android port, and will likely be complete garbage and not even worth the download. Viber is launching a native app, but that might not be good enough for you. As for Shazam, it's not coming. Soundhound is working on a native app though, and as a former Shazam user, I switched to soundhound on Android before I got my Z10 because soundhound is a much better app.

Again, I've provided you with alternatives for 2 of those apps, and you can technically use instagram side loaded on your Z10, but if you're a heavy user of those apps, it's not wise to rely in side loading. It's good that you've come here to ask that question instead of realizing that certain apps are missing after the fact and complaining. Think it through carefully, and get the phone that best suites your needs
    03-29-13 03:33 AM
    I didn't think Shazam confirmed, but Sound Hound is on its way. We all thought Skype would be here by the US launch. It has to be a matter of days...

Assuming you're new to all this, "side loading" means taking some well-documented steps for loading the Android version of Instagram onto the Z10 yourself. If you search CB, you will find detailed instructions. Side loading does not always work.

There are lots of Android apps that already run on BB10 where the developers have modified the Android versions to work (usually) quite well on BB10. These aren't considered "side loaded" but they are also not considered "native" (i.e. built for BlackBerry) apps.

It's a new platform and not everything is here yet. I'd hate to tell you to "just wait a little longer" to see if the apps you need arrive because until they're here, there's nothing you can do and who knows what might happen such that they'll never get here. That being said, you can pretty confidently get a Z10 and have instagram and Skype. So if you can survive with Sound Hound at some point in the future instead of Shazam, then you're good to go. With enough Z10 subscribers, all the apps will end up on BB10 eventually. It's a chicken and egg thing.
    If you look at the pictures from the launch which showed the developers you will see Shazam is listed.

Posted via CB10
    Stephanie Sc likes this.
    03-29-13 03:34 AM
    i actually have a blackberry curve, so the whole apps+internet+socialmedia will be all new for me. but as a HUGE music fan, i only know shazam through my iphone friends. so if there is something equivilent, that's fine with me. skype i use once and a while but is practical and if i have it on my phone i will be more likely to use it! Instagram is cool to crop and organise montages of pictures directly from the phone, but again, maybe something equivalent would be ok. thanks for the advice! i will think it over, the phone is 250 with a 2 year plan... quite more expensive than the s3 or razr. anyway, thanks again!
    vikramsinghnanua and Zeds like this.
    03-29-13 01:04 PM
    If you look at the pictures from the launch which showed the developers you will see Shazam is listed.

Posted via CB10
    Check out this thream. Shazam is a no

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...shazam-781855/
    03-29-13 01:09 PM
    Uhmm, imho, just don't get the z10 if you're just after those certain apps. I've read so much hate over the lack of these apps. Get the z10 if you love what it could offer you right now -- a great keyboard, great multitasking flow, and an overall great communication tool. Period.

Posted via CB10 on my absolutely awesome Z10!!
    jdhooghe and jstirtzinger like this.
    03-29-13 01:17 PM
    Check out this thream. Shazam is a no

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...shazam-781855/
    Customer reps always have the vanilla reply look at WhatsApp, as a perfect example. If it comes for a customer rep take it with the grain of salt. I stand by my statement.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:40 PM
    i actually have a blackberry curve, so the whole apps+internet+socialmedia will be all new for me. but as a HUGE music fan, i only know shazam through my iphone friends. so if there is something equivilent, that's fine with me. skype i use once and a while but is practical and if i have it on my phone i will be more likely to use it! Instagram is cool to crop and organise montages of pictures directly from the phone, but again, maybe something equivalent would be ok. thanks for the advice! i will think it over, the phone is 250 with a 2 year plan... quite more expensive than the s3 or razr. anyway, thanks again!
    Are you using Instagram just for the editing portion of the pictures? Because BlackBerry has a built in photo editor as well as there is third party applications that offer editing much like Instagram. I believe one of the more popular ones is named Instaphoto or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    Stephanie Sc likes this.
    03-29-13 02:42 PM
    I received my Z10 on the 28th, i am returning it today, it has a big flaw comcerning the smpt server, it doesnt work with mail based on smpt outgoing servers, so it can send email, the error is confirmed to be a BB10 malfunction, I linkex my account to Gmail to being able to use it however this is not the way it should be, also it does not have Skype, Whatssap and many others,tried side loading it, but they wont work, the only sideloaded app that works is evernote, the OS is really unstable all the native Apps crash a lot, I am really dissappointed, RIP Z10.
    03-30-13 12:23 PM
    I received my Z10 on the 28th, i am returning it today, it has a big flaw comcerning the smpt server, it doesnt work with mail based on smpt outgoing servers, so it can send email, the error is confirmed to be a BB10 malfunction, I linkex my account to Gmail to being able to use it however this is not the way it should be, also it does not have Skype, Whatssap and many others,tried side loading it, but they wont work, the only sideloaded app that works is evernote, the OS is really unstable all the native Apps crash a lot, I am really dissappointed, RIP Z10.
    Bye
    03-30-13 12:25 PM
    Skype is rumored to be about 5 weeks away. Hopefully I an wrong and it's 'just around the corner '

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:04 PM
    Get a BlackBerry because you want the Berry and the new operating system. The apps will follow. They will come because they need the end user as much as the end user wants to use them. As the number of Z10 users swell they will all start showing up, right Blackberry ? Meanwhile enjoy the newest and best operating system with the best mobile browser on the market.....
    03-30-13 01:15 PM
    Get a BlackBerry because you want the Berry and the new operating system. The apps will follow. They will come because they need the end user as much as the end user wants to use them. As the number of Z10 users swell they will all start showing up, right Blackberry ? Meanwhile enjoy the newest and best operating system with the best mobile browser on the market.....
    I agree, since getting the z10 I haven't touch my note 2 as the user interface blows the typical Android UI. but responding to typical BlackBerry trolls is like trying to get blood from a stone. Jalekalo signed up just to Diss BlackBerry 10 regardless of how good it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:05 PM
    Hi is soundhound out for z19 yet? Can't see it in app world or on their website. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:48 AM
    there is so many things wrong with this post that it clearly shows you have never even used the phone. Evernote is built right into the OS via the Reminder app. WhatsApp has been out for a few weeks now. The OS is by far the most stable OS ive witnessed on a phone, and ive used various platforms iOS Android you name it ive most likely used it. Its one of the perks if you will of being the IT guy in my family and circle of friends. Native applications work flawlessly. I get you want to troll and everything but atleast try and make it somewhat believeable.
    jchavealot likes this.
    03-31-13 01:42 AM
    03-31-13 12:23 PM
    Check my post, @ the bottom go to this link. https://secure.skype.com/login?appli...ccount%2Flogin
    03-31-13 12:26 PM
32 12