I just bought an app called "Cache Cleaner" and as far as I can tell it did nothing but take $1.13 away from me. Is there any way of getting my money back? I did not give the app permission to access my bbm or my device info. I am very protective of my data.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:28 AM
    It probably needs tour device information to actually do its job lol

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:30 AM
    07-06-14 03:42 PM
    I just bought an app called "Cache Cleaner" and as far as I can tell it did nothing but take $1.13 away from me. Is there any way of getting my money back? I did not give the app permission to access my bbm or my device info. I am very protective of my data.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good one

Be sure not to let the doctors touch you while you are on the operating table, too.
    habs_fan and bb10_fan like this.
    07-06-14 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    You bought an app, crippled it, then demand a refund? Bravo. I guarantee it won't work if you don't allow proper permissions. Granted, it doesn't need BBM access, but to do anything on the system it will need device and/or file permissions. If it doesn't work after that, then you have a leg to stand on for getting a refund.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:21 PM
    Why do they need to know my serial number and PIN for it to work?

Can a doctor not operate without knowing my name, address and phone number?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:59 PM
    I have to agree with mistercanadaman here. If all he did was disable device identifying information and bbm connection, the app should still function just fine.

Any app that says it can clear another app's cache is lying. That cache is secure, and only accessible by the app it belongs to. So yes, it was a scam imo.

The link has already been posted on how to get a refund, so no need to get into a separate debate about app permissions.
    bb10_fan and GSM-S like this.
    07-06-14 06:08 PM
    Why do they need to know my serial number and PIN for it to work?

Can a doctor not operate without knowing my name, address and phone number?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that you can even clear the cache in BB10, I know I personally haven't had to worry about it. I do know apps need certain permissions to do their jobs, but BBM and Device info can usually be disabled without preventing app function.

Edit: didn't see SM post - a dev weighing in is a good answer.
    07-06-14 06:16 PM
    Back to the original question - if you download an app and it does not perform to your satisfaction you should be able to get a refund. Satisfaction might well involve not liking its seeking wide open permissions. Yes, this might mean he/she might be very limited to what apps work but that is their choice. The descriptions should indicate what permissions are needed and why. But I don't think all programmers include that info.
    07-06-14 09:58 PM
    F2 thanks for the refund link. I sent in my request and was reimbursed within 30 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-14 08:43 AM
    Well, it's good to know they respond that quick. From what i read in the forums, once you are refunded, you can never purchase that same app again.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    07-07-14 05:13 PM