- CrackBerry User
- 87 Posts
Can BB10 support Android 4.1 Jellybean?
I'm Herman from Toronto, Canada. I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I have my Z10 pre-ordered and ready to retire my 9900 but Tuesday seems so far away still. I'm sure my Canadian brothers and sisters would agree.
Anyway, I want to hear from anyone who is well-versed on BB10/Android and can comment on BB10's ability (or not) to run Android Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean.
If Android is open-source, isn't it fair game for someone to port it over to BB10?
- 02-03-2013, 03:12 PM #3
Short answer NO.
(if i understood you correct, you want to put the jelly bean OS on a BB10 device).
If rim were to allow them maybe but there is no point in them doing that ....
As said in the other reply you can run some android apps but right now its at Android 2.3 compatibility...
- 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM #4
Having said that, there are ports of Umbuntu running on a Dev Alpha. anything is possible... the question is WHY???Q 10 for the win!
(WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
Playbook 64 gb wifi
Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
- 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM #5
- By sw6lee in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 15Last Post: 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
- By mikelcal in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
- By timtim in forum SprintReplies: 23Last Post: 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
- By WannaStorm in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 01-23-2009, 11:48 AM
- By Mr. Pompano Beach in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 11Last Post: 07-19-2008, 08:53 PM