In the last year I start receiving a lot of marketing calls. I just want to be able to block this calls. Blackberry or a developer, please build a real call blocking app for us ! I want a app where I can select the phone numbers I want to block. I know we have some apps which block all the calls or the one who are not in my contacts but I really want a app where we can select the numbers I want to block. Is it possible to build a such a app or I'm asking for to much?
    I'm willing to pay, just please build this app!

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-18-14 10:21 AM
    The api isnt open for it for some reason, which is why the call blocking apps can only block all calls.

Try on beya zone in feature request section

Posted via CB10
    andreirad likes this.
    05-18-14 11:03 AM
    I think the new added api for calls in 10.3 allows us to determine the phone number that's calling. I might consider making one that can.block calls by specific phone.number

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 11:46 AM
    In the last year I start receiving a lot of marketing calls. I just want to be able to block this calls. Blackberry or a developer, please build a real call blocking app for us ! I want a app where I can select the phone numbers I want to block. I know we have some apps which block all the calls or the one who are not in my contacts but I really want a app where we can select the numbers I want to block. Is it possible to build a such a app or I'm asking for to much?
    I'm willing to pay, just please build this app!

You're not asking too much. The lack of this feature is shameful. There is no excuse for this to not be a built in feature (if BlackBerry's reasoning for not letting app builders have access is security). It can be done. I'm like you. Willing to pay an app maker for it. But they can't make the app because of BlackBerry.

Frustrating. And no excuse.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    andreirad and niss63 like this.
    05-18-14 11:51 AM
    I think the new added api for calls in 10.3 allows us to determine the phone number that's calling. I might consider making one that can.block calls by specific phone.number

Posted via CB10
    That will be great !

05-18-14 12:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be amazing!! There is NO other out there right now!! You would be the first.
    05-18-14 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh please do NemOry, I simple love the smoothness and fluidity of ALL your apps and a native Call Blocking app will be a luxury specially coming from you!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. I'll buy this app as.soon as it is available. If you need beta testers, count me in.
    05-18-14 03:53 PM
    That would be amazing!! There is NO other out there right now!! You would be the first.
    You realize you would only be able to use it on 10.3 so you would have to be on a leak or half to wait until novemeber when 10.3 releases officially.

I could be mistaken, it could be in 10.2.2 api as well who knows

It should have been in the OS to start with or at least an API available. It's pretty easy to code blocking a single number and having an "ignore/blocked list/database"

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    05-18-14 06:02 PM
    You realize you would only be able to use it on 10.3 so you would have to be on a leak or half to wait until novemeber when 10.3 releases officially.

I could be mistaken, it could be in 10.2.2 api as well who knows

It should have been in the OS to start with or at least an API available. It's pretty easy to code blocking a single number and having an "ignore/blocked list/database"

Posted via CB10
    I have been installing leaks since my 9000, so a 10.3 leak is not an issue for me. I do agree, it should have been there from the beginning of 10.0. I had the ability to block certain numbers with my 9000 and 9900.
    Last edited by aming63; 05-18-14 at 10:33 PM.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    05-18-14 08:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is time to give this guy some competition. Somebody already build a app and here is his thread. We can test it so I will go ahead and side load the test bar. If you can create something better I will be happy to buy it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=932595

Atmarix likes this.
    05-19-14 07:27 AM
    You want to block certain phone numbers from your cellphone, you do it on your account by logging in to it and block it at your carrier. That is where the blocking takes place. All a app does is send the caller to voice mail in which you still have the same situation.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad and CerveloJohn like this.
    05-19-14 08:45 AM
    You want to block certain phone numbers from your cellphone, you do it on your account by logging in to it and block it at your carrier. That is where the blocking takes place. All a app does is send the caller to voice mail in which you still have the same situation.

Posted via CB10
    Actually this app I attached the tread above is not sending the call to voice mail. Is hanging up the call.
    About the going in to your carrier account and block from there is a great idea. I will try it. Hope it works ,thanks!

05-19-14 09:06 AM
    Went on my Verizon account and I am limited to 5 phone numbers to block and I can block them for 90 days. After that I have to go back and block them again. This is good if you just have some people you don't want to talk any more but for this marketing calls who are using a lot of different numbers you need a app able to block much more then 5 numbers. Also the convenience of an app where you easily can add a number to block will be nice.

05-19-14 09:23 AM
    05-19-14 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true. The call blocking apps have the ability to hang up immediately on the unwanted calls. You also have the choice to send it to voice mail. I had this choice on my 9700, 9000 and 9900 with a call blocker app. The option to block the call from AT&T is there also, but I refuse to pay a monthly fee of $5.00 a month = $60.00 a year!
    05-19-14 02:58 PM
    Theres a dev that already made a legit x
    Call blocking app that only works on 10.3

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=932595

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 04:46 PM
    All a app does is send the caller to voice mail in which you still have the same situation.

Posted via CB10
    This is not true. On BBOS I had an app that allowed me to choose in settings, what action to take. I had it set up to block numbers with no option for voice mail ... in fact, the phone never rang or acknowledged the call in any manner. didn't appear in missed call lists, nothing.

I liked that app. I must've had nearly a thousand phone numbers in the blocked calls list of that app. Now I just have a contact named ignore, which has a growing list of phone numbers.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    05-20-14 07:42 AM
    You're not asking too much. The lack of this feature is shameful. There is no excuse for this to not be a built in feature (if BlackBerry's reasoning for not letting app builders have access is security). It can be done. I'm like you. Willing to pay an app maker for it. But they can't make the app because of BlackBerry.

Frustrating. And no excuse.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Agreed!

This is the #1 reason my wife ditched her Q10 and went back to her 9900.

It's also the #1 reason we are both at the point of leaving Blackberry.
    05-20-14 09:57 AM
    like there is one if you guys get 10,3
    05-20-14 02:12 PM
    like there is one if you guys get 10,3
    I'm following the 10.3 leaks closely, and I will wait till a more stable version is released.
    05-20-14 03:31 PM
    I just downloaded from Snap the visual voicemail YouMail. This app is great, one of the options is to block phone numbers and next time when they call the app is telling the caller the number is disconnected. That's a great option. Bye bye visual voicemail , YouMail is my new voice mail app

05-20-14 04:57 PM
    I just downloaded from Snap the visual voicemail YouMail. This app is great, one of the options is to block phone numbers and next time when they call the app is telling the caller the number is disconnected. That's a great option. Bye bye visual voicemail , YouMail is my new voice mail app

Yes, but this is an Android Port, so will it actually handle calls into your BlackBerry the way it would on an Android?
    05-20-14 05:45 PM
    Yes, but this is an Android Port, so will it actually handle calls into your BlackBerry the way it would on an Android?
    I know but is free instead of $2.99/month like verizon visuaal voicemail and I have this great option included to block the phone calls from unwanted callers and also hopefully soon we will get the app made for BlackBerry. Will be nice to get it in the hub. Until then I can live with a port.

05-20-14 06:44 PM

This appears to be a call forwarding app. Does it allow you to answer the phone before the call is automatically forwarded?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 10:32 AM
32 12