Are there any call block apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:51 PM
    X2 I want this app I have a z10 and can't even use it because I need a call block app
    04-17-13 07:30 AM
    It's built into the phone app. Open the phone app, swipe down from the top and click settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:34 AM
    It's built into the phone app. Open the phone app, swipe down from the top and click settings.

Posted via CB10
    Yep but its very poor the inbuilt call blocking app, it doesnt allow you to block certain numbers which is what i imagine the OP wants.

To be honest im waiting for a decent call blocking app as well, i had one on my 9900 which was brilliant as it allowed me to add numbers and if i wanted, certain contacts etc.
    04-17-13 07:45 AM
    Yep but its very poor the inbuilt call blocking app, it doesnt allow you to block certain numbers which is what i imagine the OP wants.

To be honest im waiting for a decent call blocking app as well, i had one on my 9900 which was brilliant as it allowed me to add numbers and if i wanted, certain contacts etc.
    Ahh. I didn't open it to see how functional it is. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:04 AM
    You can also go into security settings and then parental controls and only allow incoming calls from numbers in your Contacts list. The phone will not ring if the number is not on your Contacts List or if the caller is anonymous.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    04-17-13 10:15 AM
    You can also go into security settings and then parental controls and only allow incoming calls from numbers in your Contacts list. The phone will not ring if the number is not on your Contacts List or if the caller is anonymous.

Posted via CB10
    Yep you could do but then it becomes a problem if say a contact of yours rings from a different number than what is in your contact list ie say he/she rings from a phonebox, you wont get the call because its being restricted.

Im just a bit surprised that after nearly 3 mths of release, there are no call blocking apps out in BB world. I would have thought that there would have been loads of them, probably a BB issue with certain api's not being available to dev's at the moment.
    04-17-13 10:18 AM
    Yep you could do but then it becomes a problem if say a contact of yours rings from a different number than what is in your contact list ie say he/she rings from a phonebox, you wont get the call because its being restricted.

Im just a bit surprised that after nearly 3 mths of release, there are no call blocking apps out in BB world. I would have thought that there would have been loads of them, probably a BB issue with certain api's not being available to dev's at the moment.
    That indeed is an issue. But this actually works pretty good. I use it to prevent solicitations and calls from bone collectors. The downside is that for example my grandma is old fashioned and has no caller id service. When she calls it is always showing as unknown caller. If I have parental controls turned on, she can't call me.
    In general it is a problem to design an app like that, because there is calls not transmitting caller id. But if they just take it a step further and allow certain filters for adding unwanted numbers to a list or just filter calls without number, that would be great. The capability is basically there

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-17-13 10:26 AM
    That indeed is an issue. But this actually works pretty good. I use it to prevent solicitations and calls from bone collectors. The downside is that for example my grandma is old fashioned and has no caller id service. When she calls it is always showing as unknown caller. If I have parental controls turned on, she can't call me.
    In general it is a problem to design an app like that, because there is calls not transmitting caller id. But if they just take it a step further and allow certain filters for adding unwanted numbers to a list or just filter calls without number, that would be great. The capability is basically there

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you on the filter bit, seeing as BB has an inbuilt call blocker app then it would be brilliant if they tweaked it so that you can add filters as to which numbers you want blocked and which ones you want to come through....same with sms texts as well.

Its a golden opportunity for BB to bake that into the OS, just surprised that in this day and age since the legacy BB's, they havent bothered to really improve that part of the phone. I really dont want to buy another app in order to control who can call me and who cannot, would be a great feature if they just improved the baked in call blocker to give us more options.
    04-17-13 10:31 AM
    What call blocker function in the phone settings. I don't see any call blocker options. Screenie please, maybe I am missing this somehow.
    04-17-13 03:36 PM
    This has been my biggest, and one of few remaining beefs with my z10. The lack of control of how people contact you is a big minus. I wish I could forward clients to voice mail after 6 as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:00 PM
    I am in the same boat...waiting patiently for something like Call Control, which works perfectly on my 9900. That, and an SMS Blocker app as well. Then, I can finally migrate over to my z10

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:25 PM
    Used X blocker on my 9810 and loved it, wishing they would make a bb10 app real soon. Still cannot believe that we don't have one yet.
    First one released is going to make some good $$$...
    04-17-13 07:03 PM
    I miss "Call Blocker Pro", used it on all of my BB's up to the 9930.
    loox and dungeon418 like this.
    04-17-13 09:10 PM
    I previously used Mr. Number I would really like something comparable or better

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:45 PM
    What call blocker function in the phone settings. I don't see any call blocker options. Screenie please, maybe I am missing this somehow.
    This!
    04-18-13 01:52 PM
    Still none? Is there an android port at least?
    04-24-13 05:03 PM
    I loaded Blocker by embware...got the bar from androidbars.net, but I didn't have any calls from any of my blocked numbers to confirm whether it works. LOL
    04-24-13 07:28 PM
    I loaded Blocker by embware...got the bar from androidbars.net, but I didn't have any calls from any of my blocked numbers to confirm whether it works. LOL
    You need to keep it running in background and not always working fine, especially for private/unknown calls.
    04-25-13 03:59 AM
    Yes, I agree I had Call Blocker Pro on my BB Style and it worked just great. I have requested info from [email protected] regarding availability in the near future. Maybe if people keep emailing them they will speed up an upgrade for the BB10
    loox likes this.
    04-30-13 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    ???
    Don't see any call blocking option in my phone app settings. What am I missing?
    04-30-13 07:23 PM
    I don't think apps will support this yet because there is currently no API for 3rd party devs to use. Hopefully after the next OS update we will get API.
    04-30-13 07:47 PM
    Call Blocker Pro has been my BFF for years.
    I miss it.

Too bad my BB Bold is waterlogged
    09-10-13 05:03 PM