Yesterday I downloaded a couple of apps and I noticed that both had the bottom right corner of the app icon turned up revealing a blackberry logo. On the app description both stated they were built for BlackBerry. I also noticed that our own CB10 does not have built for BlackBerry designation. I assume that it is a native app so my question is what does built for BlackBerry mean?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 07:56 AM
    CrackBerry App will get Built for BlackBerry Status. Once you upload your app to BlackBerry World, within the Vendor Portal there is a link you click to apply for Built for BlackBerry status.

There's a bunch of criteria they look at. We're going to apply once we do our next release... few things to tweak up. But I'm sure CB app should qualify.

But in general, it means it's a good app.
    IqWaN likes this.
    02-14-13 08:19 AM
    Thanks I want to support those apps that are developed natively for bb10.

02-14-13 08:27 AM
    Just check if your app belongs to the terms.
    As a not canadian or a not American I have big Problems with BFB.
    First they said: Made it as an English, german, spanish or italian app - which I did.
    After that they said: does not have a simple function as playing sounds OR showing graphic - the app does much more.
    After that they told me my app was generated by an appgenerator. But I can say: that last statement is a lie. I told them to check sourcecode to see I did not use any appgenerator for that app. I told them, too, that every code was written by myself. That includes also bufferingtime for live streams. Since that I did not hear or read anything from bfbtestingteam again.
    I am not the only one with these problems with BFB and some feel really bullied by BFBtestingteam.

Please pay attention to the terms of BFB.

BB10 - 'cause the future has begun already
    02-14-13 09:01 AM
    Yesterday I downloaded a couple of apps and I noticed that both had the bottom right corner of the app icon turned up revealing a blackberry logo. On the app description both stated they were built for BlackBerry. I also noticed that our own CB10 does not have built for BlackBerry designation. I assume that it is a native app so my question is what does built for BlackBerry mean?

in short: best of the best
    02-14-13 09:14 AM
    I have also noticed some apps with up turned corners with no logo eg greeting land. It would be great if an explanation could be given to these designations. I want to support the native apps and if given the chance would download native over a port. They should have an app world filter for native apps.

02-14-13 09:41 AM
    Can you post a screen shot of the turned up corner please?

02-14-13 11:14 AM
    Thanks I want to support those apps that are developed natively for bb10.

Please keep in mind that just because an app isn't part of the "Built for Blackberry 10" program, doesn't mean that it's not a native app. There are some fairly strict requirements to meet in order to qualify for the program that don't always fit into the developer's vision.
    JTG81 likes this.
    02-14-13 11:39 AM
    Can you post a screen shot of the turned up corner please?

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to do that yet if you go to the top paid apps section in blackberry world some apps like tipster have the bottom right corner of the icon folded up revealing a blackberry logo under

02-14-13 04:39 PM
    Sorry, I haven't figured out how to do that yet if you go to the top paid apps section in blackberry world some apps like tipster have the bottom right corner of the icon folded up revealing a blackberry logo under

Ahh! I see what you're saying now. Btw, a screen shot can be taken by holding the volume up and down keys at the same time.

JTG81 likes this.
    02-15-13 01:12 AM