Hey guys,

So I recently started using the social media service Buffer on my desktop and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a Blackberry 10 app. Too bad it was an Android port. So when the Buffer guys (with amazing customer service by the way) send me a welcome email and asked to contact them with anything at all, I decided to take the chance to ask them to make a native Blackberry 10 application. This is an exercept of what I wrote:

I really like Buffer! I'm still getting around to understanding how I can use it, but I love how the scheduling works and I can find a lot of uses managing my social media presence. And soon, upgrading to a paid plan to manage some of my film pages (I'm a filmmaker).

Can I make one small request? I own a Blackberry 10 phone (the Z10) and live in Dubai, UAE. I know that you guys have an app in Blackberry World which is great, but I'd love for it to be a native Blackberry 10 application. I know Blackberry 10 hasn't been as popular yet in the States, but in UAE and a LOT of countries around us the Z10 and the Q10 has been seeing sales (8 of my closest 10 friends have either of the devices). Making it a native application will allow it to be used from the Hub itself integrated and work a lot more smoother than an Android port. There's an application called Quick Post that's native and allows this already but it's a paid application. You guys can lead the (small but passionate) market by making it a free and native application. I know it will take resources, but I hope you consider a native app you'll have no competition

In a span of minutes, I get an answer from Carolyn Kopprasch, the Chief Happiness Officer at the company who confirmed that they're kicking around the idea of a native BB app!

Here's the screenshot of her full reply.

Buffer Considering Native Blackberry 10 App! And We Can Help!-buffer.jpg

For me this is amazing news and I think I played a part in letting them know the demand for it. I think we should all let the team at Buffer know that we would love for a natively built Buffer app that would integrate with the Hub. Maybe if we can all email them asking for it and promising our support, they'll really turn it into a reality soon enough and we would have a very useful, free and significant app on our platform.

Here's the e-mail where they've asked anyone with anything to say to contact - [email protected]
    The twitter for the founder and CEO Joel Gascoigne (who encourages tweeting if you have anything to ask) - https://twitter.com/joelgascoigne
    The twitter for Chief Happiness Officer Carolyn Kopprasch herself - https://twitter.com/carokopp

If we can do our part in either e-mailing or tweeting them for a native app, I feel this could be a reality very soon! Let's kick this into gear and so something about it!
    robkd likes this.
    09-06-13 04:16 PM
    done I sent a tweet off to her
    09-06-13 04:25 PM
    I too am an avid buffer user and have spoken with them in the past about developing for BB10. The current port works quite well, of course we all want native and I'm glad they are considering it.. but other then maybe being a little smoother, the only thing I expect to be different in a native version is integration with the share menu. I'm curious as to what you mean or what you expect from integration with the hub.. buffer app only posts out content.. nothing coming in. So what would you envision it doing in the hub? The ability to share content from the device TO buffer I think is key.. hence share menu integration, which I have mentioned to the dev team, but I don't see any value to hub integration for this app.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    09-06-13 04:27 PM
    Wow these kinds of apps that post to different social networks are starting to pop up huh? Loving it! Polarbear, quick post and now this (although it has been around for a long time) . Yeah I will write them an email asking for it. Would love yet another native Cascades social app that can integrate with the share menu

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:28 PM
    Well it's the first time I'm hearing about it, but will let them know that the interest is here! The more native apps, the merrier
    09-06-13 05:23 PM
    I'm actually quite hooked on buffer now, this post made me check it out. And I love it.

As for hub integration, I'm assuming They meant a timeline in hub instead of notifications, and well that's what I'm aiming to build with social hub app (just a pain).

OR maybe they mean the app has the ability to store the "timed" posts in hub so you can see them quickly, and be able to post quickly from hub

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:42 PM