See BlackBerry World - bPod

I know there are people out there looking for a good podcast app. I've tried most or all of what's available in BB World, and as of the last update I think this one is looking very good. bPod now has a playlist feature, with options for continuous play, delete after listening, auto-download, wifi-only download, and an option to hide the podcasts from the BB10 music library, so the podcasts don't appear there. In short, it's a full-featured app.

The utility for finding podcasts is essentially a front end for doing a Google search, making it relatively easy to paste the podcast URL and subscribe. This is less polished than what some podcast apps have, but it works. Apps that use published lists tend to be hit or miss, in my experience.

Most important, the developer is fully committed to the app, and offers prompt assistance with problems.
    07-23-13 08:53 AM
    Nice find!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:00 AM
    Wish I could force downloads. Have a bunch pending and can't get them to download.

Just taking up space on my phone now.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 04:07 PM
    The podcast don't download automatically for me. The podcast are not hidden from the music library either. Asked the developer and I got an email letting me know of the update. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:03 AM
    WRT bPod not hiding podcasts from the BB music app., the fault could lie with BB music.

I manually transferred a handful of audiobooks to a Q10, and these then showed up in BB music.

I then followed instructions to add a .nomedia / .nomusic file to the audiobook directory to prevent them being displayed ( How to remove custom ring tones from Music app [Archive] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and others )but BB music still displays them, and I've found no way to force it to rescan and refresh it's library. So bPod may be taking the correct steps to hide these files, but BB music is effectively ignoring them
    08-31-14 06:57 AM