Hi all,

I have a problem with Box in that it hasn't synced a small bunch of photos I took this week, it worked fine on Sunday, and when I realised some photos hadn't synced I took another photo and it synced almost immediately.

Any ideas why it wouldn't have synced just that small bunch of photos taken during the week? (photos are in same folder on my Z10 as others that have synced successfully)

Thanks for looking
    07-18-13 11:57 AM
    Do you have cellular syncing enabled? Any chance you weren't on WiFi enough during the week?

Still wouldn't explain not syncing when you got on WiFi. When you look at the photos are you looking at them from the pics app or are you using a file manager? The reason I ask is because some people have mentioned issues of media indexing not working properly.
    07-18-13 01:30 PM
    I don't have cellular syncing enabled, but am always on WiFi at home. I can see the photos from the pics app.

I've got around it by sharing the 'lost' photos to the correct Box folder and they're now on my PC. This is the first time it's happened and starting to wonder if the quantity of photos not yet synced has any impact when it's able to sync over WiFi?
    07-18-13 01:46 PM
    I don't have cellular syncing enabled, but am always on WiFi at home. I can see the photos from the pics app.

I've got around it by sharing the 'lost' photos to the correct Box folder and they're now on my PC. This is the first time it's happened and starting to wonder if the quantity of photos not yet synced has any impact when it's able to sync over WiFi?
    Follow up question did you check box via browser and app as well or just via PC folder? I only ask because I have had some slight issues with syncing my box on PC with the cloud at times. I'm wondering if maybe then synced to cloud but never back down to your PC.

Sorry just throwing ideas out there, you could be on with your thought on quantity. But I checked mine and from what I could tell all images and videos I have taken with the Z show up in the app, but I don't have it syncing back down to PC yet.

BTW, I freaking love box, not sure if you have used it like this but if you are an MS office or Adobe user, their plug-ins for those programs are freaking awesome... puts things like Share Point to shame.
    07-18-13 02:15 PM
    All folders / devices are set to sync correctly & I've been syncing photos for months, it's only this week that a small bunch (it was only about ten) didn't sync.

Will have to look at the Office side of that, using a University subscription to Office 365

p.s. the photo's weren't synced anywhere, not even to the cloud
    Last edited by Cloudmaster; 07-18-13 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Extra info
    07-18-13 02:22 PM
    Just signed up for Box and tried to sync by both wifi and carrier but nothing went. If I go into the pictures and share them too box that way they go ok.

How does the app choose which folder to sync?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:01 PM
    When you logged in with the Box app did you switch on syncing of pictures & videos? I'm sure the app uses the default locations where the camera saves these
    07-19-13 01:18 PM
    When you logged in with the Box app did you switch on syncing of pictures & videos? I'm sure the app uses the default locations where the camera saves these
    Agreed, all my files are in default locations.
    07-19-13 01:25 PM
    Yep, syncing pictures is on. All in the default location of the media card. Does it only use the phone defaults?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:29 PM
    Everything I have taken from what I can tell has uploaded itself in the background... not sure how instant it is though, I hadn't checked until I saw this thread. My videos are 200+ megs over 3 videos.
    07-19-13 01:32 PM
    Yep, syncing pictures is on. All in the default location of the media card. Does it only use the phone defaults?

Posted via CB10
    As far as I can tell there's no way to change the locations in the Box app
    07-19-13 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just had another thought, have you checked to see if your pics are being synced to your account on the Box website? I remember when I first started using Box I had to specifically set a folder I'd created on the website to sync to my PC
    07-19-13 02:25 PM
    Hi all,

I have a problem with Box in that it hasn't synced a small bunch of photos I took this week, it worked fine on Sunday, and when I realised some photos hadn't synced I took another photo and it synced almost immediately.

Any ideas why it wouldn't have synced just that small bunch of photos taken during the week? (photos are in same folder on my Z10 as others that have synced successfully)

Thanks for looking
    Same issue here. Randomly does not sync. Pisser.
    07-19-13 11:51 PM
    I had the same issue last week..Only about 3 of the 10 pictures I had taken synced. Also does anyone know how to sync Q10 vids? They are all above the box Sync limit as the are all in HD...even 30 sec clips!
    07-20-13 06:56 PM
    I had the same issue last week..Only about 3 of the 10 pictures I had taken synced. Also does anyone know how to sync Q10 vids? They are all above the box Sync limit as the are all in HD...even 30 sec clips!
    That sounds like you need a better paid account, some folks got a larger single file limit with their free account, others did not. Sorry no fix I know of, maybe edit it into chunks?
    loreburne likes this.
    07-20-13 07:11 PM