I gave it 5 stars on BBWORLD. Such a great app. UN is good, and the smoothness is beyond words. A true testament to how a native app, well executed, can blow your mind (lol, yeah, I went there).

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:59 PM
    I am new to Blaq. I purchased it since it's a native app for BlackBerry 10. I was wondering if it's able to notify of specific tweets by certain members. For example on my galaxy S2 I was able to set a notification so that when Nike would tweet it would notify me and I wouldn't have to actually open the twitter app and scroll through the time line.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:05 PM
    Maybe it's there and I'm not seeing it but where's the option to add a comment on a RT?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:06 PM
    I love this app, makes me constantly on twitter- just like old times.

However, if I click on a tweet that is in Arabic and select "Copy to Clipboard" when I paste on in BBM chat I get question marks like this:??? ?????? ????

Hope it gets fixed

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:08 PM
    QuIcKsIlV3r - Ok I bought it, but you CAN'T actually quickly search @username like you could on the older BBOS Twitter.

Where did you see that option?

Blaq for BB10 now available-img_00000172.png

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:14 PM
    Never mind. Found the answer to commenting on a RT. Click on tweet. Hold the RT icon and sidebar will pop up.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:29 PM
    Very stylish but it is another twitter app that doesn't remember where in the timeline I last was so I have to make a note of the time I last checked twitter and then scroll backwards. Only neatly remembers my place in the timeline but it is so slow.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    I use Seesmic. You will need to side load it. It's pretty snappy and remembers where you left off in you time line

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000172.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	152161

Posted via CB10
    Right - but you went to the Search page - and then just typed it in right? Or did you click on an icon/link via the @BlackBerry profile page and it took you there? If so, can you show me that icon?

On the OS6 Twitter app there was an option to Search @username from within the profile page, like this:
    Blaq for BB10 now available-twitter.jpg

Am I just missing the icon you guys are mentioning is on Blaq? From what I'm seeing I'd have to leave the profile page, click search, and type their name in.
    Last edited by madx80h; 04-17-13 at 06:22 PM.
    04-17-13 06:08 PM
    Love this app. I was not a fan of Blaq on the PlayBook, but on the Z10 it is fantastic. Big thanks to the developer!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:10 PM
    Great UI, however the implementation (real-time streaming) will drain the battery.
    04-17-13 06:34 PM
    How do I quote a tweet?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:43 PM
    How do I quote a tweet?

Posted via CB10
    Just hold the retweet button and pick quote from the side menu.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed10
    04-17-13 06:49 PM
    Mentioned above in another post: need an "Icon Description" popup or something, not only because there are so many and we aren't used to them yet, but with one-handed use in the right hand, my thumb covers all the icons on the right side when I pull the timeline to the left.

^^^^^AWKWARD^^^^^

Solution: make the timeline bar at the top transition to the icon description when pulling left / right for actions/icons. Maybe a nice animation when you pull the timeline to the left, an "overlay" bar slides out FROM the left and temporarily covers the timeline bar, then the mirror image from the opposite side when pulling to the right? That way, as you move the timeline sideways, the bar pops out in the opposite direction

One handed use with the left hand causes the same issue on the other side, but since that side lets the timeline stay in position, you can move your thumb and see the icons before selecting.

Did that make sense?

Love it, though. I'm only a light-weight twitterer, and have Blaq on my PlayBook, but this version blows the PB away. Go get it now!
    04-17-13 07:17 PM
    Great UI, however the implementation (real-time streaming) will drain the battery.
    Why do you say this? Do you have data to back that up? I've been using it for ~2 months and have had no excessive battery drain because of Blaq. Real time is also only active when the app is in use.
    04-17-13 07:21 PM
    Developer here. Not true. It's not constantly streaming in the background. Only when you're in it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:25 PM
    Totally agree, this is a big disappointment for me. I asked this question of the developer multiple times before it was released and never received a response to this. Maybe it's just me, do people really read their tweets backwards from most recent to oldest? I don't see the sence is reading them this way, always prefer to start with the oldest and work my way up. It would also be nice to have a popup with indication of what each icon is doing. There are a lot of different Icons in there and even after going through the tutorial at the beginning, I'm still not sure what each icon is for. I guess it will just take some getting used to and I'll have to see how much it drains the battery to leave it open in active frames.

Mike

Mike
    It would be good if we could swipe again to see full text description of the icons like we can in native apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:30 PM
    Developer here. Not true. It's not constantly streaming in the background. Only when you're in it.

Posted via CB10
    I knew you were lurking around this thread! It's ok if you like my post above, BTW.

Nice GREAT work y'all!
    04-17-13 07:38 PM
    Right - but you went to the Search page - and then just typed it in right? Or did you click on an icon/link via the @BlackBerry profile page and it took you there? If so, can you show me that icon?

On the OS6 Twitter app there was an option to Search @username from within the profile page, like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twitter.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	152181

Am I just missing the icon you guys are mentioning is on Blaq? From what I'm seeing I'd have to leave the profile page, click search, and type their name in.
    sorry I misunderstood you the first time but yes your right no option like that that I've found either

Posted via CB10
    madx80h likes this.
    04-17-13 07:46 PM
    I would like to see a way to lock the time line in place when one is doing the menus, just a pet peeve that the time line is kind of wobbling all over the place as in trying to select one of the options, I wish it worked more like the hub experience of long press and then having the different options available. Just my 2 cents, but honestly its a gorgeous app with TONS of functionality, hard to quibble with it

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:57 PM
    The app is phenomenal. Intuitive and innovative in its fluid ui.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-17-13 08:29 PM
    Not sure if this video was posted earlier....

04-17-13 08:41 PM
    WOW Blaq on BB10 is FAR better than on my PB.... AMAZING!!!!
    04-17-13 09:00 PM
    Is there any way to load more than the most recent 20 Tweets from a user?
    For me the list of tweets seems to stop loading after 20.
    I also had this question. Anyone know how?
    madx80h likes this.
    04-17-13 09:13 PM
    Why do you say this? Do you have data to back that up? I've been using it for ~2 months and have had no excessive battery drain because of Blaq. Real time is also only active when the app is in use.
    However it still needs to refresh X amount of minutes to the user's specification, when not active

Any indication of whether push mentions or dms can be implemented?
    04-17-13 09:24 PM
    Totally agree, this is a big disappointment for me. I asked this question of the developer multiple times before it was released and never received a response to this. Maybe it's just me, do people really read their tweets backwards from most recent to oldest? I don't see the sence is reading them this way, always prefer to start with the oldest and work my way up. It would also be nice to have a popup with indication of what each icon is doing. There are a lot of different Icons in there and even after going through the tutorial at the beginning, I'm still not sure what each icon is for. I guess it will just take some getting used to and I'll have to see how much it drains the battery to leave it open in active frames.

Mike

Mike
    I completely agree about having to read tweets backwards and not really being sure of the different icons. It does keep your place in the timeline if you leave the app as an active frame but I like to close apps when I have finished using them.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    04-18-13 12:30 AM
82 1234