Back in the days 'Made in Germany' was designed to tell people that products are bad and people should avoid buying them.
    Quite quickly it turned into a quality seal that stated that a product was special and of high quality.

The same we have in terms of apps.

As many of you might not know apps like

BaSA by QtHelex or
    Polarbear, ekke's express charts, BeWeather or Talk2watch are all apps 'Made in Germany'

To support the German Dev community they promote their apps through their channel.

Follow them on BBM to receive updates on new apps as well as which apps are made by our German developers.

We hope you enjoy our apps and support us :

C00124585

BlackBerry10 Apps 'Made in Germany'-img_20140821_165738_edit.png
    08-21-14 02:15 AM
    Sorry, I dont realy get it. You want to advertise the apps or what? Yes, 'Made in Germany' has become a sign for high quality in other fields, but in which way do you think 'german apps' would have a benefit against non-german apps? Or do they need special support?

I like the apps you named and I use some of them, and yes, they are good, but i dont see a correlation between a good app and the country it is made in (or at least not yet).

When I look around the CrackBerry Community I see a lot of really good developers from all around the world with high quality apps. It would be very interesting to start a study to find out where the most high quality apps come from and if there are reasons for it etc.

Or am I getting you totally wrong and you want to start an iniative to motivate german developers to work extra hard to get your seal so that 'Made in Germany' will become a good, trusty name?

greetz from germany
    08-21-14 04:33 AM
    It doesn't say those apps are better the idea is just to have something that supports the German Dev' community by helping them to reach more people.

But it would be a good question for CB to find out which country produces the best apps

but in the end it's just a promotion tool the dev community uses - like many other channels you see on BBM
    08-21-14 06:02 AM
    ah.., ok.
    then good luck and go on with your great apps
    08-21-14 07:33 AM
    Since BaSA is made in Germany I'm sure ClipMan, Turbo Reader, DreamRemote, Railroad Germany and even BlackBullet are also made in Germany.

Just in case you would like to make a list.
    zaidk9 likes this.
    08-22-14 12:59 PM
    Back in the days 'Made in Germany' was designed to tell people that products are bad and people should avoid buying them...
    I don't think that has ever been the case.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 06:40 PM
    I don't think that has ever been the case.
    But this was the intention of the occupation forces. I guess mostly the britains, I'm currently not sure... It should have been a warning for a insufficient product. But the scheme doesn't worked out, they moved after the second world war a lot or maybe the most industrial facilities to the UK and the germans had to start from zero. While they produced from now on in the UK using the decades old and outdated machines they got Germany had to start completely from zero and had hence a lot more modern machines and industrial facilities compared to the countries surrounding them.

This is what I was told about this myth "Made in Germany" - but thats anyway in the meantime 60 years ago and maybe even wrong and the story above is not true. But this is what I heard...
    Anyway, a lot has changed in the meantime and you surely don't need a smelting furnace to develop good BlackBerry10 Apps.

You don't need to check for "Made in Germany" to get a great app, just look for "QtHelex" and you should be fine.
    08-22-14 11:57 PM
    @michael of cause you don't need to but you can

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:39 AM