Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Drawde
  • 1 Post By Produktyf
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry world not charging $$$ for downloads?

Got my Z10 this morning and I just downloaded Splashtop which is listed on Blackberry World for $6.99 and PlayEpub for $1.99

I did not put any payment options in and it did not ask me to confirm the download as it costs $$$.

They both downloaded and work fine.

No where does it say its a trial.

Just wondering if there is a glitch to download for free? Or I'm going to get a bill through my provider or what?

Normally when I buy apps on my 9900, I need to confirm it and enter my paypal password.

Anyone have any info?
    CrackBerry Addict

have you purchased these apps before? perhaps for the playbook? depending on the developer you may not have to pay for an app if you've already paid for it for the playbook. money plus and cloud explorer for skydrive are two such apps i didn't have to re-buy on my Z10.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry User

Default Blackberry world not charging $$$ for downloads?

do you have a payment option already selected in BBID?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using CB Forum app
    LG Xexon to BB Bold 9700 to BB Torch 9810 to BB Torch 9860 to BB Z10!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by 416to604 View Post
    have you purchased these apps before? perhaps for the playbook? depending on the developer you may not have to pay for an app if you've already paid for it for the playbook. money plus and cloud explorer for skydrive are two such apps i didn't have to re-buy on my Z10.
    Yes I did buy them on the playbook.........I didnt think they would be transferable to the z10.......thats awesome if thats the case.

And no i dont have the payment option selected on BBID..........besides I would have got an email instantly from paypal about the purchase
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Ok, I just did a test trying to buy an app I never purchased before........my password for paypal came up..........so the ones I picked had to have downloaded for free because I bought them before on playbook.

Thanks for the quick response.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,902 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drawde View Post
    Ok, I just did a test trying to buy an app I never purchased before........my password for paypal came up..........so the ones I picked had to have downloaded for free because I bought them before on playbook.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Note that this will vary from app to app and developer to developer. Some developers will create a new appID and you will have to purchase it again. If they simply make different versions and add them to the same appID, then you don't have to repurchase.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

You are correct it varies. We chose to release our PlayBook apps under the same product ID allowing existing purchasers to download for free but i must say at a loss of new sales. We still think this is the right thing to do. Note though there may be other reasons vendors may decide to release bb10 version under new ID which are not necessarily money-driven (ex. new signing keys, retirement of a product, rebranding, shaking off negative reviews,etc).

.m

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    -----
    Produktyf - be productive, anywhere!

Check out our highly popular BlackBerry 10 apps:
    Money Plus - Expense tracking - DOWNLOAD
    Produktyf CRM - Manage information just about anything - DOWNLOAD

Join our BBM Channel: PIN C00017D03
    Thanked by 2:
    aminrajabi (02-05-2013),  V22 (02-06-2013) 
    V22 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I believe you'll get the billed for the apps with your phone bill. I think that's the way the new BB store works if you do not have payment information in the system.