Blackberry World Application List - Whats In & Whats Out-bbappworld.jpg

Blackberry World Application List
    Whats In & Whats Out

By Corey GmaN (taken from my WordPress Article)

Team,
    Lots of topics going around about applications in Blackberry 10 and if they are going to be included or not in Blackberry World. So I made a current list, and we can constantly update it to keep track if it is or is not coming to Blackberry World for Blackberry 10. It will be nice to have one reference point to view. I am not going to list every app that is going to be in Blackberry World, lets try to key on the top 200 or so apps. The bigger players in the market. And just to stop some of the rants, we all understand that you only need certain apps for your lifestyle, but just keep in mind everybody is different. I am also assuming a lot of the not included apps will be announced before the phones are available in the US.

NOTES:

• If you can use the app in the browser, it is not counted as included in Blackberry 10
    • If the app is sideloaded from android it is also not counted as included in Blackberry 10
    • FSeverino has put together a list of the Working SideLoaded Android Apps working on Blackberry 10 - HERE - List of Sideloaded Apps Working on Z10

WHATS INCLUDED

Business and Productivity
    Bloomberg, BMC Service Desk & Remedy, Box, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Citrix Podio, CNBC, Dictionary.com, Emirates NBD, ePrint, Harmon.ie, IBM Notes, Traveler, ING DIRECT Canada, Nat West, RBC, RBS, SAP, TD Bank Group, and Thomson Reuters.

Games
    Alpha Zero, Angry Birds (all variants so far), Asphalt 7:Heat, Azkend, Azkend2, Bejeweled 2, Boom Brigade 2, Cut the Rope, Cut the Rope: Experiments, Dead Space, Doodle Devil, Doodle God, Dragon Portal, EVAC HD, Flight Control Rocket, Fruit Ninja, Great Big War Game, Great Little War Game, Ice Age Village, InXile, Ironworm, Jetpack Joyride, Joining Hands, King Oddball, Let’s Golf! 3, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, MONOPOLY Millionaire, N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, NBA Jam, Oregon Trail American Settler, Plants vs. Zombies, Quell, Real Soccer 2013, Robotek, Shadowgun, Shark Dash, Six Guns, Sonic 4 Episode 1, Sparkle, Square One, Tetris, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Bard's Tale, The Dark Knight Rises, The Sims FreePlay, UNO, Where's My Perry?, Where's My Water?, World of Goo, and World Series of Poker.

Lifestyle
    AccuWeather, Air Canada, Air France, Delta Air Lines, DStv Mobile, Easyjet, FlightAware, Flixster, KLM, Manulife Financial, President's Choice Recipe Box, SkyScanner, Spotcast, StubHub, The Weather Channel, The Weather Network, Tim Hortons TimmyMe, United Airlines, Wikitude, WisePilot, Yellow Pages Group, and Zara.

Multimedia
    Absolute Radio, Al Jazeera, Allocine, Astral Radio, BBC Worldwide- Top Gear, BubblePix, Channel 4, Corus Entertainment- Radio, Deezer, E! Online, eMusic, Europe 1, History Channel, Kiss Kube, MTV Italia, Nobex Radio, NOS, N-TV Nachrichten, Occipital 360 Panorama, OxygenLive, Pacemaker, PaperCamera, Rdio, Shahid.net, SiriusXM, Slacker, Songza, SoundHound, TuneIn, and Volu.me.

Published Media
    AFP News, Amazon Kindle, CBC (News, Radio, Music, Hockey Night in Canada), Cosmopolitan, Economist, Elle, elmundo.es, El Pais, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Grazia Italy, Handlesbaltt, kicker, Leo Dictionary, MailOnline, Maxim, Motor Trend, News24, New York Times, NU.nl, PressReader, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, The Independent, The London Evening Standard, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and Wirtschaftswoche.

Social
    Badoo, Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, ooVoo, Skype, Tuenti Social Messenger, Truphone, Twitter, Viber, Whatsapp, and Xing.

Sports
    CBSSports.com, ESPN ScoreCenter, Goal.com, L'equipe, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment's Maple Leafs Mobile App and Raptors Mobile App, MLB.com At Bat, NHL GameCenter, PGA Tour, Runtastic, Sports Tracker, and UFC.

WHATS MISSING

Business and Productivity
    Mint, alot of non Canadian banks.

Games
    ?

Lifestyle
    ?

Published Media
    AP Mobile, Flipboard, Nook, Pocket, and Zite.

Multimedia
    Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, Netflix, Showtime, and TV.com

Social
    Instagram, Pinterest, and Yelp, as well as any third-party Twitter clients.

Travel
    American Airlines, BA, Expedia, Google Maps, Kayak, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tripit, and most brand-name GPS apps.

Sports
    Yahoo Fantasy Sports
    Last edited by CoreyGmaN; 02-10-13 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added Link to sideloaded apps working on BB10
    robkd likes this.
    02-02-13 05:32 PM
    If they can get Mint, Flipboard, Netflix, Instagram, Pinterest, and Yelp, I think they would have covered their bases really well.
    02-02-13 05:51 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that Yelp was included or at least committed to BB10.
    02-02-13 10:57 PM
    It's possible. They have an app for the legacy BB OS
    02-02-13 11:41 PM
    What about other majority favourites like Shazam, Score Mobile, and Navita Translator?
    02-03-13 12:44 PM
    I really need to see livestrong or myfitnesspal for lifestyle
    02-03-13 01:27 PM
    BeWeather and US banks apps...BeWeather is on the playbook - where are the apps that are available on the playbook. I thought they were going to be available for BB10 at launch.
    02-03-13 02:15 PM
    I need Google drive, evernote, yelp, fandango, capital one bank, nyc subway map,
    02-03-13 02:32 PM
    I need LogMeIn Ignition, SlingPlayer, Viber, Whatsapp and Pinterest
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-03-13 02:35 PM
    What about other majority favourites like Shazam, Score Mobile, and Navita Translator?
    Are those included? Just let me know, and I will keep updating the list.
    02-04-13 01:07 AM
    I need Google drive, evernote, yelp, fandango, capital one bank, nyc subway map,
    Evernote in embedded in the "Remember" app on BB10.
    02-04-13 01:18 AM
    cricinfo, ESPN FC, Football App, Mobile Voip (These needs to be developed for BB 10)
    02-04-13 01:41 AM
    cricinfo, ESPN FC, Football App, Mobile Voip (These needs to be developed for BB 10)
    What kind of mobile VoIP? There are definitely VoIP apps for BB10, including their own BBM, Skype ("coming soon"), some proprietary VoIP service clients, and at least one generic SIP softphone that I can see.
    02-04-13 02:20 AM
    Mobile Voip clients that I used are Jumblo, Voipzoom and Voipcheap. BB had it for BB OS 7 so it wouldnt be a problem for BB10
    02-04-13 03:31 AM
    Most of the apps listed in the original post aren't even available to download.

Are the apps ready for release and just awaiting a launch date?
    Still in testing phase?
    Or did they just agreed to develop for BB 10 sometime in the future and not started development yet? (worst case scenario)

While they're "officially announced" it doesn't count if they're not in BB World.
    robkd likes this.
    02-04-13 05:58 AM
    Thanks for getting a round-up thread going Corey, but let's give credit where credit is due - Sascha Segan posted the list originally. In any case, keep the suggestions coming. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for new material in our blog round-ups.
    02-04-13 12:06 PM
    My essentials are the following:

Google maps
    TD bank
    CIBC
    Viber
    Whatsapp
    Stock Tracker
    Questrade IQ
    Yelp
    Blackberry Travel
    Groupon

We should have a sticky thread with new apps added to Blackberry World
    Knightcrawler and xxslxx like this.
    02-06-13 11:36 PM
    I'm missing the Hockey News, and more importantly, some sort of podcasting app. I don't know why BB decided not to bring one over to BB10.
    02-07-13 01:31 AM
    Are those included? Just let me know, and I will keep updating the list.
    Score Mobile is available just renamed to theScore.
    02-07-13 07:01 AM
    I'm missing the Hockey News, and more importantly, some sort of podcasting app. I don't know why BB decided not to bring one over to BB10.
    The app Podcasts is available to purchase. Granted, more selection of Podcasting apps would be nice.
    02-07-13 07:02 AM
    I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S3 for a few months when I broke my 9900 and I waited for the Z10 release.

In that time I got used to a few apps that I wish I had on the Z10.

Waze - community contributed satnav / gps turn by turn navigation. Worked better than Google Maps on more than one occasion for me and I like the community part.

Wifi Analyser - Check signal strength of surrounding Wifi.

Starbucks - I got addicted to the coffee and paying by phone was fun.

Gas Buddy - not essential but I liked it enough to use it each time I filled up my car with gas (petrol)

Firefox - bookmark sync was awesome with my desktop. I can use Chrome as it acts really weird on my desktop.

Other than that I have found a side loaded app, equivalent substitute app or native app to do the rest.

Some apps I occasionally used that would be nice includes...

BMO Banking
    ScotiaBank
    Instagram
    Skype - which we saw is coming
    The Hockey News
    Cineplex

Of course, native versions of all my side loaded Android apps would be nice...

EBay
    Kindle
    Kobo - although on the Playbook the Android port worked better than the native.
    Comics by Comixology
    Fing
    CAA

Overall I am happy but the only advantage to the Z10 over the S3 is the Hub feature. I missed a unified inbox so much on Android. Aside for that they both seem equally speedy, nice enough screens, appears about equal in battery ...
    Last edited by ubermanx; 02-07-13 at 09:46 AM.
    02-07-13 07:23 AM
    Hoping for Audible and PageOnce, in addition to some already mentioned. I wrote to PageOnce and got a generic reply: "We are forwarding your suggestion to...." etc.
    02-07-13 10:03 AM
    Sports
    Yahoo Fantasy Sports
    Just a heads up, if anyone is looking for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey, I sideloaded the android version and it's very good.
    02-07-13 10:39 AM
    Needs mobile banking apps like RBC, CIBC, BMO etc..

Also, whats up with with Flixster? Error on start up every time.
    02-07-13 12:54 PM
    Endomondo, UberSocial, PodTrapper.
    02-07-13 02:33 PM
35 12