While I use it infrequently (as I don't travel that much), I really like the BlackBerry Travel app. And while I have been using it for years, I've run into two problems this weekend which I think will cause me to give up on it.

Issue #1 - BB Travel info being sent to an old BB phone I no longer own.

After adding a new trip to BlackBerry Travel this week, on Saturday I found out from a friend who purchased a Z10 from me months ago that my travel plans showed up on her Z10. I had read about this happening before and found the following threads about it (though with no resolution):

At least in this case it was a friend who had my old Z10 but in the last year I've also sold another Z10, a Q5 and a Passport so I'm also worrying my information may also be showing up on these phones.

(I, of course, security wipe all my phones before selling them so none of my information remains on the phone. Any association between them and my BBID would be limited to BlackBerry's servers since I know they track our phone PINs to our BBID's as I can see all my old BB10 phones when I sign into BB World).

While there were no solutions in the threads I found, I tried the following:
    • Trying to make sure no other devices were linked to my account, I logged in to BlackBerry Protect online to see associated devices. The Z10 in question wasn't listed but my old Passport was (which I then removed).
    • I logged in to BlackBerry World just to see if they added any functionality to manage devices. They haven't, but it shows all my old devices (3 Z30's, 4 Z10's, Q5, Passport) though I've been told by BlackBerry Support before that this is just a 'history' and not devices linked to my account (though I don't know if I believe that).
    • I also uninstalled the app, did a hard reset and reinstalled the app. This unfortunately seemed to lock me out of the app. Each time I accessed the app it would not log in automatically as it would always do before and if I tried to log in manually, it would just give me the hourglass and do nothing. I tried repeating this process a few times but the results never changed.

The only option left to me was logging into the BB Travel web site and closing my account, which I did. However, after doing that I was also unable to create a new account online.

Issue #2 - BB Travel App on Z30 no longer works

So at this point, I can't log in or create a new account on my Z30, nor can I do anything online. So, I decide contacting BlackBerry Support.

After spending 2 hours with them on the phone, I got pretty much nowhere:
    • First off I was told that it was impossible for my information to show up on another phone that doesn't have my BBID (not true since it happened).
    • Secondly, I was told that a BBID could only be tied to one device as another reason it couldn't happen which is also not true since you can activate more than one BB10 device with one BBID as I've done it before (the only limitation I know of is that you can only have one BBM account per BBID).
    • BB Support then noticed that I was running 10.3.1.2072 and said that as my carrier (Virgin Mobile Canada) only supported 10.2.1 that this is the reason why I was unable to log in to BB Travel. While I can understand there could be an issue between an app and the OS (especially since BB Travel hasn't been updated since June 2014), in no way would carrier support for an OS affect what I should be able to run on the phone (i.e. remove SIM card or just work on WiFi and it would make carrier support redundant).
    • When I explained that I couldn't create a new account online either (regardless of my Z30), he tried and was unsuccessful also in creating an account though after a wait he was able to create an account for me on another computer. After this I was able to create one after switching browsers.
    • Though I was finally able to create an account online, I still wasn't able to log in to my account on my Z30. Even after deleting the account online again and trying to create an account on the phone left me nowhere.
    • BB Support said I would have to reinstall the carrier supported OS for my device for it to work right and while I knew this wasn't true, I did downgrade and of course, no luck in accessing the app.

So, since I can't live on 10.2.1. I reinstalled 10.3.1.2072 and, sill, BB Travel isn't working.

BB Support said they'd contact me again in a week to see if something had changed but the only thing I can think of is an issue on their end or with the app in general.

While I can't think of anything else to try on my own, if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to give up on the app and hope it works itself out. Unless I push the issue with BB Support and have someone higher up look into it.

Not a huge issue in the long run since I only use the app once or twice a year (so I can give up on it if needed) but still frustrating that something which should work doesn't, not to mention it taking up hours of my time to try and fix it.
    01-18-15 09:20 PM
    I don't know about the issues you ran into with OLD phones still getting notices - that is definitely a security concern that BB should elevate.

But just last week I installed BB Travel on my Verizon Z30 with the 1949 LEAK. I have had no problems. It tracked my flights to/from LAX and my rental car and our motel reservations. It gave gate and terminal information and updates.

Oh, just curious - how did you reach official BB support? Did you contact carrier and they moved you on to BB?
    01-19-15 01:57 PM
    I've been on holiday for the past month & using it daily but haven't been able to add anything the last few days.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:20 PM
    It's down for me as well. Z30 running stock OS 10.2.1. I couldn't add anything today, so I deleted the app and re installed. Now I can't even login. I just get a No network connection" error.

I use this app frequently, so I'm more than a little disappointed that BlackBerry has let this app fail.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:38 PM
    It's gone bang. I've tweeted all the BB accounts, not that they listen...
    01-20-15 07:10 AM
    Yeah. Saw the other thread about the BB Travel issues so I'm glad it isn't just me that can't get the app to run. On top of that, one of the other posters in that thread had the same issues as me with BB Travel sending travel updates to his old phone that he no longer owned.

BB is supposed to get back to me on the weekend so hopefully they will have looked into the issue to figure out where the bug might be.
    01-20-15 10:22 AM
    01-20-15 12:59 PM
    I'm having the same issue with the BB Travel app. I did find that BB Travel can be accessed through the browser by going to "travel.blackberry.com"
    01-20-15 03:17 PM
    Thanks - that is exactly the issue I am having on my Q10 as well.

Hope this is being resolved quickly as I am using BB Travel quite heavily.
    01-20-15 05:07 PM
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I can log in on the website but the app is not working. It either just hangs on log in or tells me no internet connection which is bs because I'm surfing other sites.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:18 PM
    Is anyone aware of an update from Blackberry on that issue and a forecast be when they believe it will be resolved?
    01-21-15 04:33 AM
    I had one issue with BlackBerry travel app is that one morning extremely tired 3 AM to be exact, it showed that I was flying from a whole different city! I panicked thinking that I bought the wrong ticket...

I was using a leak so can't blame the app but it did scare the crap out of me

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1949
    01-21-15 05:16 AM
    mine won't even log in anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:59 AM
    I was looking into this this morning because I was having the same problem and found an article saying BlackBerry is aware and working on the issue.

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 07:48 AM
    I'm also having problems with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:37 AM
    01-21-15 11:19 AM
    I travel extensively internationally, flying on average 20 segments per month, and find Blackberry Travel very lacking. It often doesn't update gates or delays properly. I installed the Android app Flightview Free and it offers more functionality and updates properly. It also gives you baggage claim information. Blackberry Travel is in serious need of updating to bring its feature set up to the level other programs have.
    01-21-15 11:20 AM
    Agreed that it needs updating and bug fixes but Flightview doesn't integrate with email and calendar the way BlackBerry travel does.

I enjoy how my flight confirmation emails instantly create an entry and calendar appointment.

I'm on a work trip right now and it would help if it worked right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 04:07 PM
    Down for me as well on my Z30. I have not been as impressed with the BlackBerry Travel app experience on BB10 as I was with the BBOS6 version on my old Torch. On the Z30 it would scan and integrate with the calendar just fine, but gate update notifications etc were not getting pushed through, and selecting the various notification options within the app had no effect.

I would really like to see an updated BlackBerry Travel app that would integrate with boarding passes and maybe even the mobile check-in experience. Presently I just take a screen shot of my boarding passes and it works great, but nice if it was all in one app.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:20 PM
    drive a Z10. I have similar issues as people above.It would not add new travel reservations for the last few days. Decided to re-install app. Now I can't log in. Saved browser "travel.blackberry.com" to home screen until BB fixes their problem. I wasted a lot time retrying different steps thinking it was my error
    Last edited by chrishaines; 01-21-15 at 05:44 PM. Reason: more to say
    01-21-15 05:41 PM
    I love BlackBerry travel. It works great for me and auto populates from both my work and personal email accounts. Brilliant. Flights update automatically as well. Works well for me in Canada and the US.

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 07:26 PM
    Hello
    I have a Q10 model. I noticed that the Blackberry travel app not longer allowed me to add or modify my trips since Jan 18 or 19th. Reading through the posted comments, some suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app. DO NOT DO THIS! I tried this and now I am unable to log-in or register. My loaded trips for the year are not accessible through this app. What is an alternative app to Blackberry travel.
    01-22-15 10:03 AM
    Agreed that it needs updating and bug fixes but Flightview doesn't integrate with email and calendar the way BlackBerry travel does.

I enjoy how my flight confirmation emails instantly create an entry and calendar appointment.

I'm on a work trip right now and it would help if it worked right now.

Posted via CB10
    No, you're right, it doesn't, however, Blackberry Travel doesn't give me the information I need, reliably, so it is a moot point. You can create a profile online which should give you updates via email, but I have never done so, I simply look at the

I used both side by side for a while, trying to stick with Blackberry Travel, but often Flightview would show delays or gate changes, while Blackberry Travel would not show the delay or gate change. Flightview Free also shows baggage claim reliably, I have never had the baggage claim shown in Blackberry Travel.

I would prefer to use Blackberry Travel, but the way it is currently designed, it is unusable for me.
    01-22-15 11:25 AM
    Hello
    I have a Q10 model. I noticed that the Blackberry travel app not longer allowed me to add or modify my trips since Jan 18 or 19th. Reading through the posted comments, some suggest to uninstall and reinstall the app. DO NOT DO THIS! I tried this and now I am unable to log-in or register. My loaded trips for the year are not accessible through this app. What is an alternative app to Blackberry travel.
    It's been fixed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-22-15 11:37 AM
    Has been fixed. Working again at least for me.

Z10/STL100-3 RFK121LW/10.2.1.3062
    01-22-15 11:47 AM
30 12