Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bridge on Z10 AT&T

Would anyone please be kind enough to post the .bar file for blackberry bridge so that I can test side loading on at&t and see if it works.
    Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!

Curious. Why sideload when you can just download directly for Blackberry World?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,748 Global Posts

You should be able to find it from BlackBerry World.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Yup, it is there.

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Because they cut off the bridge functionality the same way they did on legacy OS, I no longer have BT tethering etc. i wanted to see if sideloading would work around this problem similar to downloading ota(many years of thanks rroyy).
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by toobs623 View Post
    Because they cut off the bridge functionality the same way they did on legacy OS, I no longer have BT tethering etc. i wanted to see if sideloading would work around this problem similar to downloading ota(many years of thanks rroyy).
    You mean as far as AT&T charging you for it? If that's the case, just remove your SIM card BEFORE you install bridge. I did this yesterday and it works like a charm.
    Thanked by 2:
    sbmd (04-13-2013),  toobs623 (03-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by theegoldenone View Post
    You mean as far as AT&T charging you for it? If that's the case, just remove your SIM card BEFORE you install bridge. I did this yesterday and it works like a charm.
    Good call! Thanks man
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

For anyone else on at&t working around the bridge issue it is a little funky on creating a succesful pair. My succesful process(which I recreated to confirm test was accurate) was as theegoldenone said pull SIM, install bb bridge then do not just yank your battery. Pair the playbook while the sim card is still out and then shut the phone down with the power button before replacing sim
    Thanked by:
    sbmd (04-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Good call! Thanks man
    No problem. Also let me add, if there is any bridge update, do the same, as in removing the SIM card.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

For anyone else on at&t working around the bridge issue it is a little funky on creating a succesful pair. My succesful process(which I recreated to confirm test was accurate) was as theegoldenone said pull SIM, install bb bridge then do not just yank your battery. Pair the playbook while the sim card is still out and then shut the phone down with the power button before replacing sim
    Interesting. I paired with the SIM card back in the phone with no problems. But looks like we have options, which is always a good thing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does anyone know if they are going to put text messages back on bridge

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thanks. I tried to bridge before activating my sim with ATT but didn't think to remove it. Worked like a charm. Crackberry members are my heroes. The main reason I didn't jump to the IPhone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by zelz12 View Post
    Thanks. I tried to bridge before activating my sim with ATT but didn't think to remove it. Worked like a charm. Crackberry members are my heroes. The main reason I didn't jump to the IPhone.
    Dude I'm so with you. I was sitting trying to figure it out with my friends who use droid/ios and i got pissed off and said screw it im asking crackberry. I told them first thing i love the community support as much as i love the device

Posted via CB10
    CB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does the method of removing the sim bring back text messaging/bbm/etc? I've got the playbook and I know this has been an irk of many PB owners. I just got the Z10 (knowing of the tethering limitations introduced), so just starting to set up my BB suite of apps, etc on the device.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by tovento View Post
    Does the method of removing the sim bring back text messaging/bbm/etc? I've got the playbook and I know this has been an irk of many PB owners. I just got the Z10 (knowing of the tethering limitations introduced), so just starting to set up my BB suite of apps, etc on the device.
    The SIM card removal method is just a workaround for not needing to pay an extra tether fee. The text messaging/BBM situation is not affected by this. Hopefully that functionality will be brought back in the next update.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,836 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask and maybe I'll tell...

omg works like a charm
    AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8320
    BlackBerry Curve 8900almost BlackBerry Bold 9700
    BlackBerry Torch 9800+9810 BlackBerry Z10BlackBerry Z30
    64GB PlayBook iTouch 4th gen for my iOS fix
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    PIN
    You may ask.

Just wanted to ping this thread again. I found it for the first time last night (6/9/13) and got Bridge working using the no-SIM download method. I saw an update to Bridge this morning on World and did the same thing again just to be safe. Removed SIM, did update over wifi, and then powered down / replaced SIM, etc. Might be a good idea to always do this with Bridge updates on AT&T phones.

Additionally, upon reboot Blackberry World says I have the latest version, but it also says I have an Update for the latest version as well. I'm guessing this is some kind of AT&T specific copy of that version that wants to block my internet tethering to Playbook. Going to test later when I'm home.
    Last edited by bradfordjohnson; 06-12-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Got problem solved. Had to delete app, reboot an then re-install following directions above. Worked great - thanks for the info.
    ===============
    Just updated to a Q10 and have the same problem. I originally donwloaded the BBridge from Blackberry World --- and got the tethering requirement notification. After reading this forum i deleted fromt my apps and took the SIM card out - downloaded the bridge/paired it / powe it off / then replaced the SIM and i am still not able to tether -- any suggestions?
    Last edited by Baltodano; 06-27-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

So all I have to do is re-download the bridge app without the sim card in the phone and it will work? Sorry if this is a stupid question.