I just got an iPad mini from a promotion and of course, the first app I grabbed was BlackBerry Blend. I was one of those hold on til the bitter end PlayBook users, so I was excited about the functionality of Blend being available on my tablet instead of the brain-damaged version of Bridge that I'd gotten used to.

Well, gotta tell you, I'm disappointed. I thought for certain that Blend on the iPad would connect to my Passport via bluetooth or NFC, but it's only over Wifi, so the communication time between the tablet and phone is brutal! While the functionality is there, it takes so long that it's not practical for regular use. Even the lobotimized version of Bridge on BB10 worked better. Hoping BlackBerry can find a way to get the speed up on this app, because otherwise, I can't see the point

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:14 AM
    You can't connect anything through NFC, this technology works different.

Bluetooth speed is actually slower, then WiFi, and has a limited range.

So, I guess, the issue is with certain WiFi connection, or with iOS Blend version.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-16-14 07:21 AM
    You can't connect anything through NFC, this technology works different.

Bluetooth speed is actually slower, then WiFi, and has a limited range.

So, I guess, the issue is with certain WiFi connection, or with iOS Blend version.

Posted via CB10
    Yep!! I love blending via my ipad Air

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-16-14 07:26 AM
    I use Blend on my Macbook daily (and my 2 PC's for that matter) over wifi at the home and office.

they all works flawlessly no matter which system I'm using. not sure if the software is different for ipad?
    12-16-14 07:27 AM
    Speed.... I was never impressed with LINK's Fileshare capabilities. But I have 30Mbps download and 6Mbps upload at home, but with all the different devices (Phones, Tablets, TV's, NS) that are connected... I sure the bottle neck of 6Mbps was the main issue. So I've really wondered how BLEND would fare... still hoping to see it for myself.

Of course work is where I'd really like to use it, but IT would allow LINK's Fileshare capabilities, so I doubt they'll open the doors to Blend. And if they did, I know they have upload speeds throttled for each user, so again not sure how well it would work
    12-16-14 07:31 AM
    I don't have any problems with it on my computer or laptop, just slow on the iPad. As far as bluetooth vs Wifi, if your network is slow or your router's signal strength is weak, bluetooth can be vastly quicker. Bluetooth 4.0 can get as high as 25 mbps and it's a direct connection. Surprised it's not an option at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:34 AM
    Yep!! I love blending via my ipad Air

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    I just got Blend and it is really slow with my iPad mini 2nd gen. It takes very long time to connect to device, over a minute, and when finally connected everything is slow, Blend stalls often and typing is laggy.
    Have tried switching off wifi and using 4G on the mobile but it is still the same. Just me?
    02-20-15 02:34 PM
    The blend app in my iPad mini is very laggy... even after delete and reinstall it still pretty laggy. Sometimes it shows connected but pop a window : SSL error

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:29 AM
    BlackBerry Blend is not working on my iPad anymore.

I wasted 2 hours reinstalling my BlackBerry and reinstalling BlackBerry Blend on my iPad to no avail.

Then I realized other people having the same problem.

So BlackBerry Blend seems to be dead on iPad.
    08-07-16 12:14 AM