This is just terrible. But how many consumers use this? There should be a pole about this.

Posted via CB10 Powered by  QNX
    Yup. Like the North one.

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-09-16 12:48 PM
    Blend was a pain to use. Never really worked properly and was buggy... especially on the iPad where notifications didn't even work.
    08-09-16 12:49 PM
    There are not focusing on BB10. They are fulfilling contracts and biding their time until BlackBerry hardened Nougat.

They clearly have no intention of doing anything more with BB10 apart from emptying product channels.
    I'm not saying they are focusing their dev on BB10, I'm just quoting Chen who said he focuses supporting companies and governments with BB10.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-09-16 12:58 PM
    I'm not saying they are focusing their dev on BB10, I'm just quoting Chen who said he focuses supporting companies and governments with BB10.

By support companies on BB10, I think he means helping them move off BB10 ASAP. There is no incentive to keep any valuable customers on BB10. The only customers that are still buying up BB10 devices don't matter to BlackBerry. They've done everything but give the finger on front page of NYT/FT to recent BB10 customers. They're just taking your money like they do from BIS customers on 9900's etc. When they update all software offerings, it always seems to be IOS/Android. They're nudging and winking at BB10 customers, under their breath whispering "hint,hint"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Vistaus and Bluenoser63 like this.
    08-09-16 01:24 PM
    Blend was a pain to use. Never really worked properly and was buggy... especially on the iPad where notifications didn't even work.
    Good to know-- I am just going on my BB10 use. I have no clue how it works on iOS or android for that matter. It has always worked very well for my wife and I. She forgets her Passport at home many times when she goes to her office. I used to have to drive to her office to get it to her but since Blend was put on her PC at work, I did not have to do that lol. I use it everyday also--maybe not for too much longer though!
    08-09-16 01:29 PM
    Interesting how BlackBerry says they are "committed to BB10" and it's all about "giving our customers options", then they turn around and EOL one of the most innovative and useful features of BB10. Sure, it was incomplete and had its quirks, but it sure was awesome to be able to manage my phone's communications and files via my computer.

I know it still works, but for how much longer?

Just sad.
    roleli likes this.
    08-09-16 02:20 PM
    By support companies on BB10, I think he means helping them move off BB10 ASAP. There is no incentive to keep any valuable customers on BB10. The only customers that are still buying up BB10 devices don't matter to BlackBerry. They've done everything but give the finger on front page of NYT/FT to recent BB10 customers. They're just taking your money like they do from BIS customers on 9900's etc. When they update all software offerings, it always seems to be IOS/Android. They're nudging and winking at BB10 customers, under their breath whispering "hint,hint"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Thanks, that's an answer I can live with

Powdah likes this.
    08-09-16 02:24 PM
    They aren't going to convert anyone.
    Especially since there is still no Blend for their Android devices!
    CmdrStraker likes this.
    08-10-16 09:31 AM
    Thinking of basis as OS,BB OS10 is better than Android.
    I want BlackBerry to modify Android OS and add their know-how including Blend.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 04:21 AM
    That is because BlackBerry isn't a very good software company. They knew BBOS and Windows. They didn't have the skills to program for other platforms. That is why Blend didn't work well on anything other than Windows. It is also the reason why BBM cross platform was a disaster. It is also why they don't want to create anything but the basics for their Android phones. They just don't have the vision or skills to be a good software platform. Maybe they got some good programmers in their purchases, but it was their internal people including management who just couldn't get things done. I
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    08-11-16 06:25 AM
    Ah, Bluenoser63, you're still with us! Haven't seen you in leaked/beta and BB10 apps for a while. Still as critical as ever, it seems But jokes aside, I do agree with you that they aren't really good with creating an Android platform and some other software like Blend.

IMHO, they could've made Blend more cross-platform by making it a Web App (as in: accessible from a Web browser), connected to the BlackBerry Protect website to integrate that service in the app as well (and maybe they could've integrated a few more services into it).

08-11-16 02:02 PM
    I really liked it but never got the opportunity to use it much in practice. It's a shame they discontinued one of the more useful features of BB10 while at the same time continuing to delay one of the few remaining updates for the OS.
    roleli likes this.
    08-11-16 09:49 PM
    It does not really matter that it is EOL. For me, I use Blend nearly everyday on my Windows tablet. I do not see any need for an update either, considering that there is no alternative like that even on Android or IOS.

EOL'ed softwares continue to work for a long time too. Last time I fired up my Symbian device, I could still send texts from the computer using the dead Symbian communicator software.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613, roleli and dmlis like this.
    08-13-16 10:14 AM
    It does not really matter that it is EOL. For me, I use Blend nearly everyday on my Windows tablet. I do not see any need for an update either, considering that there is no alternative like that even on Android or IOS.

EOL'ed softwares continue to work for a long time too. Last time I fired up my Symbian device, I could still send texts from the computer using the dead Symbian communicator software.

Posted via CB10
    That's the spirit!

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-13-16 11:18 AM
    What Blend could have been - https://asana.com/
    08-23-16 10:17 AM
    What Blend could have been - https://asana.com/
    looks like its similar to slack
    08-23-16 11:21 AM
    They really should create Blend for their BlackBerry Android Phones (Priv and DTEK50).

I use Blend daily and it's one feature that I find very useful and hard to replace. I was hoping they bring it over to Android then I would have left my Passport and moved over to Priv.

Posted via CB10
    roleli and CmdrStraker like this.
    09-18-16 07:08 AM
    It is sad to see a productivity tool dumped. Not surprisingly since BB 10 has been abandoned.
    09-18-16 10:51 AM
43 12