Lots of new stuff...
    EDIT: BBM Channels Update not Beta Zone
    Trusted Member
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 09-06-13 at 03:55 PM.
    09-06-13 03:35 PM
    Lots of new stuff...

Trusted Member
    BlackBerry beta zone app DID NOT get updated, it was the bbm that got updated

And they did post the correct info on CB front page. http://crackberry.com/bbm-channels-u...erry-beta-zone
    Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    09-06-13 03:40 PM
    Moderator please correct my mistake in the title. BBM Channels Update

Trusted Member
    09-06-13 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry beta zone app DID NOT get updated, it was the bbm that got updated

And they did post the correct info on CB front page. http://crackberry.com/bbm-channels-u...erry-beta-zone
    Thanks for the heads-up...my error.

Trusted Member
    09-06-13 04:14 PM
    Well, I have to say that I kinda appreciate the new native BetaZone application.
    Made this update easy as pie for me.
    I'm hoping this will start them to totally get away from archaic side loading forever.

And Ever!
    Baked likes this.
    09-06-13 05:49 PM
    My beta zone app doesn't recognize me anymore since around the time the BBM channels update came out. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    09-06-13 07:41 PM
    Lots of new stuff...
    Trusted Member
    Another faux pas like that and your Trusted Member status gets revoked

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:05 PM
    Hey guys. How do I change the picture of my channel once I have already crwated jt and set a picture?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 03:18 AM
    My beta zone app doesn't recognize me anymore since around the time the BBM channels update came out. Anyone else have this issue?

Go to blackberry beta zone on browser, sign in and reinstall beta zone app, I had the same problem

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 03:07 PM
    @freighter: Turns out I was "logged out" somehow. I'm not sure what exactly I was logged out of, because my BBM was still working, but I logged in as if I was going to modify my payment options, I closed the app, and it doesn't tell me I'm logged out anymore.

09-07-13 03:28 PM
    Download the BBM channels but it does not show anywhere on the phone. With the 9900 it was on the BBM But on my Z10 its no were to be found. What i'm doing wrong...
    09-07-13 03:44 PM
    @RoseBud: channels is on your BBM. Open BBM, gap the three lines at the bottom left of the screen, and you'll see channels is an option.

09-07-13 10:45 PM
    All I have is Chat,contacts,Group,Updates & Invites... No channels. As I said had this working on my 9900, But cant get it working on the Z10.
    09-08-13 02:42 AM
    Did you try the restart holding down the two volume buttons until your screen says BlackBerry? Maybe your install didn't take and you should try it again. I just installed channels on my wife's Z10 using the beta app, and that worked easy peasy.

09-08-13 10:48 AM
    All I have is Chat,contacts,Group,Updates & Invites... No channels. As I said had this working on my 9900, But cant get it working on the Z10.
    Did you change your pin in beta zone from your 9900 to the Z10?

09-08-13 10:53 AM
    When i download form my Z10 it ask for my pin first. But to answer your question..No i did not.
    09-08-13 11:09 AM
    When i download form my Z10 it ask for my pin first. But to answer your question..No i did not.
    it could help, maybe I'm not really sure

09-08-13 11:11 AM
    Edit my profile in Beta, downloaded again & still nothing. I can't be the only one having this issue..
    09-08-13 11:54 AM
    Why BlackBerry World says BetaZone is not available for my z10? I use 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:47 AM
    Why BlackBerry World says BetaZone is not available for my z10? I use 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10
    Have you signed up for the beta? Your PIN needs to be whitelisted.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-09-13 02:19 AM
    You don't need to be a part of the BetaZone program to get the application.
    You need to sign up for the program to use the application.
    If you get the app installed, the application will prompt you to sign up for the program.
    However, you can sign up prior to getting it if you wish.
    www.blackberry.com/beta

Is it available for your country?
    I see a lot of users find the application unavailable for their device because the program itself is not available in their country.
    I was unable to assist with this and check for you as your profile is incomplete without your location.
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Beta Zone
    09-09-13 02:34 AM
    Yes I found out it's becuase BetaZone App is not available in my country. And blackberry directly use my sim card to tell my carrier, I can't even change my location.
    Anybody knows how to solve this problem?
    You don't need to be a part of the BetaZone program to get the application.
    You need to sign up for the program to use the application.
    If you get the app installed, the application will prompt you to sign up for the program.
    However, you can sign up prior to getting it if you wish.
    BlackBerry Beta Zone

Is it available for your country?
    I see a lot of users find the application unavailable for their device because the program itself is not available in their country.
    I was unable to assist with this and check for you as your profile is incomplete without your location.
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Beta Zone
    09-09-13 04:27 AM
    Yes I found out it's becuase BetaZone App is not available in my country. And blackberry directly use my sim card to tell my carrier, I can't even change my location.
    I've been seeing this happen a lot lately with BlackBerry devices reporting actual locations resulting in the unavailability of apps and OS updates. There used to be a time when someone could easily change their location on the BetaZone site and be a part of most beta programs. Now I hear all sorts of things like you just reported. I'm not sure if this will help but I believe I read that by unlocking your device and using local SIM cards things like this can still be done, but I haven't had to do so myself. Try asking around or searching the net for any currently working workarounds.

I wish I could provide more assistance to you with this issue.
    09-09-13 09:54 AM
    Originally Posted by zhengyu718

Maybe PM Kris? or xsacha?

I've been seeing this happen a lot lately with BlackBerry devices reporting actual locations resulting in the unavailability of apps and OS updates. There used to be a time when someone could easily change their location on the BetaZone site and be a part of most beta programs. Now I hear all sorts of things like you just reported. I'm not sure if this will help but I believe I read that by unlocking your device and using local SIM cards things like this can still be done, but I haven't had to do so myself. Try asking around or searching the net for any currently working workarounds.

I wish I could provide more assistance to you with this issue.
    09-10-13 03:22 AM
    Lots of new stuff...
    Trusted Member
    I know you intended this thread to actually be about BBM Channells, but the BetaZone app has just been upgraded to v10.0.0.18.
    Bug fixes...
    09-11-13 03:30 PM
26 12