Uber fans rejoice! A major update came out recently for their HTML5 app which brings the same functionality as the native Android / iOS apps have (even more in some cases.)

I've heard that many people won't switch to BlackBerry 10 because Uber was the remaining top app they couldn't live without (the Android app doesn't work on the latest 10.2.1.1925+ builds, and the previous HTML5 app was missing essential location features.)

You can find it here: https://m.uber.com. Create a browser shortcut to your app grid with "Add to Home Screen" in the lower right menu.

The HTML5 app is impressive. It offers the same realtime car location and tracking maps, as well as access to the different types of cars (Taxi, uberX, Black Car, SUV), and even different billing options as well as the pin method of inputing a location. And it's fast! I haven't seen another HTML5 app that is this fast and responsive or loaded with features like this, particularly real-time mapping. This is also a very important milestone because it shows that some app vendors can release HTML5 apps that will work across most devices reducing their development costs, and still provide a great user experience. This may be another way that BlackBerry is able to claim official support for many more apps in the future.

So spread the news! There's very little reason someone can't use BlackBerry 10 as a daily driver (no pun intended.) Instagram/Igrann, SnapChat/Snap2Chat, Vine/Whine, Netflix, Starbucks, Spotify, Shazam, Pandora, Amazon, EBay, PayPal, RunKeeper, Candy Crush, PInterest, Yelp, Google Maps, etc. etc. are all available now.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10, your Uber has Arrived!-uber.png  
    02-19-14 02:10 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! Even though this is not a native BB 10 app it's more app than general bb discussion, so I moved the thread.
    02-20-14 09:39 PM
    Wow awesome thanks! This is definitely a nice surprise. Great functionality.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 09:49 PM
    Is m.uber.com working for others? Every time I've tried to access it for the past few weeks, an error screen appears saying the mobile Uber site is unavailable at this time.

Just trying to figure out if something is wrong with my account, or if it's a widespread issue.
    05-02-14 04:39 PM
    This isn't working for me either. Please advise.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 04:34 PM
    Is this working for anyone??
    05-23-14 11:53 AM
    "The mobile Uber site is unavailable"... The Uber site says you can text your address to "SMS: text your address to 827222 (USA & Canada only)" but I haven't tried that yet. Anyone have any luck?
    05-26-14 08:57 AM
    No luck here. Says the site is unavailable. Wish this would work. Anyone else?
    06-04-14 01:52 AM
    It works for me and it's great.

Is m.uber.com working for others? Every time I've tried to access it for the past few weeks, an error screen appears saying the mobile Uber site is unavailable at this time.

Just trying to figure out if something is wrong with my account, or if it's a widespread issue.
    06-04-14 02:13 AM
    I'm planning to package Uber, with native shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 08:39 AM
    I'm planning to package Uber, with native shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    Nice. This would be an easy win for bb10.
    06-09-14 12:37 PM
    I'm getting the same error. I submitted a ticket to uber. I'll keep ya posted.
    06-09-14 03:25 PM
    After seeing the website work properly with a friend's account, I decided to open a support ticket with Uber today. They responded within a few hours, and my account is now working too!
    06-09-14 11:15 PM
    Ober is now in Beta Zone. Try it! Hybrid Native + Web App for Uber
    namgas and Sally Mack like this.
    06-10-14 12:35 AM
    Same here. I'm now able to log-in. Pretty exciting.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 09:51 AM
    Ober is now in Beta Zone. Try it! Hybrid Native + Web App for Uber
    It works! Nice job!

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    06-10-14 10:01 AM
    How typical that once again my Z10 fails to be able to load a popular and useful app - Uber. Will it never catch up.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 05:27 PM
    Uber mobile not functioning, Ober on beta zone has no download available. Looks like both are a bust. Any fresh ideas?
    06-22-14 06:38 PM
    Uber mobile not functioning, Ober on beta zone has no download available. Looks like both are a bust. Any fresh ideas?
    Ober is in beta zone...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:07 PM
    Any news on Uber working on BB10?
    07-13-14 11:39 AM
    Any news on Uber working on BB10?
    Ober works which is a native uber app

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:19 PM
    M.uber.com works all the same.
    07-13-14 10:05 PM
    I'm really confused. Is there or is there not a Blackberry app for Q10?? I got this phone a year ago but I'm pretty sure it's one of the latest models and has the latest software installed. Where's the UBER app? I can live without many stupid apps but this is pretty essential. If there is a Blackberry app, which is says there is-- why on earth is it not available for this phone?? It just keeps saying it's not available. This is really frustrating.
    07-27-14 06:26 PM
    I'm really confused. Is there or is there not a Blackberry app for Q10?? I got this phone a year ago but I'm pretty sure it's one of the latest models and has the latest software installed. Where's the UBER app? I can live without many stupid apps but this is pretty essential. If there is a Blackberry app, which is says there is-- why on earth is it not available for this phone?? It just keeps saying it's not available. This is really frustrating.
    I have the Android versions of Uber, Lyft and Sidecar through Snap. They work perfectly fine as long as you've repackaged the apk files to remove Google dependencies. :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    07-27-14 07:02 PM
    For the record, Sally is right. M.uber.com works perfectly fine on the browser too, which you can pin with your apps.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    07-27-14 07:03 PM
99 123 ...