View Poll Results: Which feature should get developed using the highest priority?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • more Settings (custom Chart colors, change the size of every single diagram at the main screen, ...)

15 23.81%
  • monitoring of WiFi and Network activity

29 46.03%
  • finish the Cellular signal strenght monitoring

23 36.51%
  • more flexible timeframes for the analyze function (1 day, 3 days, a whole week)

10 15.87%
  • more readout values at the analyze chart (not only time, level and temperature)

8 12.70%
  • alearts for the Battery Level

14 22.22%
  • export a Chart to a PNG File

4 6.35%
  • something else?

4 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Well sadly the new version still doesn't notify me either via the led or the hub notification.
    And it worked before without issues? What firmware are you on?
    12-08-14 12:24 PM
    And it worked before without issues? What firmware are you on?
    It has never worked on my passport. I am running official 10.3.0.908
    12-09-14 12:26 AM
    Hi QtHelex,

the current BaSA version has some issue displaying graphs on a Q10.
    At least for the battery, the graph is cut off at the top. Because there are no labels on the Y-axis, I'm not sure at which percentage the cut off happens:

BETA Testing: BaSA - Battery and System Analyzer-basa.png
    12-09-14 06:53 PM
    Could you add an option to display the current battery voltage on the active frame? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    12-09-14 09:30 PM
    It has never worked on my passport. I am running official 10.3.0.908
    Have you maybe turned it off for BaSA in the device settings?
    12-10-14 11:45 AM
    Hi QtHelex,

the current BaSA version has some issue displaying graphs on a Q10.
    At least for the battery, the graph is cut off at the top. Because there are no labels on the Y-axis, I'm not sure at which percentage the cut off happens:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basa.png 
Views:	843 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	319714
    What firmware is this?

Please check using the readout mode in the analyze screen the % values, in case you're at the top at 100% and not 90% or something like that I might say it could be firmware or battery related. I'm not absolutely sure.
    allwi likes this.
    12-10-14 11:47 AM
    Could you add an option to display the current battery voltage on the active frame?
    Yes, I guess I should definitively extend the list of possible parameters. I will try to find some time to add the voltage parameter.
    12-10-14 02:24 PM
    Please check using the readout mode in the analyze screen the % values, in case you're at the top at 100% ...
    Arrgh ... my fault ... how silly

I somehow expected that I will always see the green line, i.e. when the battery is full, the green line will be at the top. But you're right. When the green line disappeared (and the background is blue), the battery is full.
    At least I now know what the readout mode is ... I never used it because I thought, the values will be read out via TTS

Thanks for the quick response and your help.
    12-10-14 05:05 PM
    Have you maybe turned it off for BaSA in the device settings?
    All notifications are turned on in the applications permissions settings and all the alerts are turned on in the app. The only thing I have turned off are permission to location as I don't know why basa would need this.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:56 AM
    All notifications are turned on in the applications permissions settings and all the alerts are turned on in the app. The only thing I have turned off are permission to location as I don't know why basa would need this.
    Well... I have currently absolutely no idea. it's working over here and I haven't changed anything in the notification system

But regarding the location permission, this one is a translation error in the OS.
    It's a permission I need to get access to a hardware module. I'm currently not sure which one it was exactly, but it is maybe in the same chip like the GPS module.
    It was needed for 10.1.0 for sure, but it seems to work in the meantime also without this permission.
    If you want I can look later today into the code and provide you the exactly name for this permission and the exact reason it has

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:07 AM
    Well... I have currently absolutely no idea. it's working over here and I haven't changed anything in the notification system

But regarding the location permission, this one is a translation error in the OS.
    It's a permission I need to get access to a hardware module. I'm currently not sure which one it was exactly, but it is maybe in the same chip like the GPS module.
    It was needed for 10.1.0 for sure, but it seems to work in the meantime also without this permission.
    If you want I can look later today into the code and provide you the exactly name for this permission and the exact reason it has

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about checking, as long as it should work without it isn't a problem. I will try a reinstall to see if that helps.
    12-12-14 12:26 AM
    Reloading the app made no difference unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 03:29 AM
    Well I tried another app to alert me when charged and this didn't work either so maybe it is an OS problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:10 AM
    Well I tried another app to alert me when charged and this didn't work either so maybe it is an OS problem.
    Well...
    Let's see what the next big firmware update might change next month. But I'm afraid it will introduce also a few new bugs...
    12-16-14 12:37 PM
    There was a update for BaSA just yesterday with only a single layout fix which should make the app usable at the new BlackBerry Classic. Hence no big changelog this time.

I've tested it using a simulator since I still have myself so far no Classic device. I really hope it works as expected, I'm afraid I will get mine not before January.
    In case someone were already able to a BlackBerry Classic a early feedback how BaSA performs would be great!
    12-20-14 05:22 AM
    Who is already using BaSA on the BlackBerry Classic?
    01-02-15 06:58 AM
    BaSA (version 1.0.8.1) seems to have an issue with my phone's SD Card (screen shot attached). My phone's other software does not have any problem with the card. I have no experience with SD Card State in prior versions of BaSA.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1151

BETA Testing: BaSA - Battery and System Analyzer-img_20150106_164137_edit.png
    Last edited by eywong; 01-07-15 at 01:56 AM.
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-06-15 07:09 PM
    I'm still on 10.2.2 and at the Passport on 10.3.0 - it's working fine on both devices.

I hope I will get able to check it during the weekend on the BlackBerry Classic. I'm currently a little bit short in time.
    01-09-15 12:07 AM
    Who is already using BaSA on the BlackBerry Classic?
    Not yet, but hopefully beginning next month!
    01-16-15 07:03 AM
    Not yet, but hopefully beginning next month!
    Haven't I read that you just bought a BlackBerry Passport?
    01-18-15 12:59 AM
    Haven't I read that you just bought a BlackBerry Passport?
    No, I'm still on a Z30, currently not sure about the screen size of the Classic, but I miss the tool belt.
    01-20-15 05:22 AM
    No, I'm still on a Z30, currently not sure about the screen size of the Classic, but I miss the tool belt.
    I'm sure you will love it!
    01-22-15 09:54 AM
    So many settings.....

So I will ask directly, can I display the current/voltage going into the phone (z30 in this instance with Qi Charger) while in the reduced or active frame? Or the voltage loss/use in the active frame. Right now I have the Percentage Charge and Temperature showing. Can I show those additional details?

Thanks.

edited to add: found the setting I needed. In Active Frame, Params on Active Frame, Secondard: Average Power
    Last edited by F2; 01-23-15 at 08:39 AM.
    01-22-15 03:40 PM
    It's live guys!

BETA Testing: BaSA - Battery and System Analyzer-img_20150122_163702.png

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:47 PM
    Seek and you will find

In the app, swipe down > Settings > Active Frame
    Select the number of parameters you want, then choose these below
    Battery Level
    Battery average Current
    Empty or Full in

These will give you what you want. The battery current value is negative when not charging, positive when plugged in
    FF22 likes this.
    01-23-15 05:45 AM
637 ... 2021222324 ...