Has this really worked for you in the past?

I tried now several old versions but without luck, so if it worked in the past something changed at the pushbullet server.
    I thought so..but I might be mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:26 AM
    Okay, I found the reason for this ";" issue. The next update will contain a bugfix.
    Hlao-roo and Dave XII like this.
    09-17-14 03:47 PM
    I've uploaded a bugfix release which resolves this ";" issue. It depends now on the testing team of BlackBerry World and it needs usually between 1 night and up to 8 days for none headless apps to get released.

So, lets hope for a fast release.
    Hlao-roo and Dave XII like this.
    09-18-14 01:32 PM
    Qt, you are the man!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:21 PM
    Bugfix arrived in the meantime, but this introduced a new issue which I will try to resolve as soon as possible.

I'm sorry, but I guess this is the pain we need to get thru with a app at such a early state.
    Dave XII likes this.
    09-20-14 05:00 AM
    Just wanted to say that I freaking love this app. It's changed everything I do now when it comes to sharing between devices.

However, I've tried to purchase the pro version but fails each time regardless of payment method used. Any idea why? I do get error codes
    09-21-14 01:28 PM
    Just wanted to say that I freaking love this app. It's changed everything I do now when it comes to sharing between devices.
    Thanks a lot!
    The next update which makes it even better is already in preparation.

However, I've tried to purchase the pro version but fails each time regardless of payment method used. Any idea why? I do get error codes
    Ouh, this is not nice.
    It shouldn't happen, but sometimes it seems that BlackBerry World has here a hiccup. Since when are you trying to purchase the pro version and have you already tried to reboot your device?

I know that a lot of carrier doesn't support BlackBerry and PayPal is not working properly within China. So the best payment method you could chose at the moment is a debit or credit card. This works always, except in moments the payment system of BlackBerry World has a general issue.

At least I hope you get able to finally purchase it at some point. If it doesn't work out ping me again. In this case I will reflash my spare Z10 with a new firmware and try to purchase it myself, just to be sure.
    09-21-14 04:43 PM
    Thanks a lot!
    The next update which makes it even better is already in preparation.

Ouh, this is not nice.
    It shouldn't happen, but sometimes it seems that BlackBerry World has here a hiccup. Since when are you trying to purchase the pro version and have you already tried to reboot your device?

I know that a lot of carrier doesn't support BlackBerry and PayPal is not working properly within China. So the best payment method you could chose at the moment is a debit or credit card. This works always, except in moments the payment system of BlackBerry World has a general issue.

At least I hope you get able to finally purchase it at some point. If it doesn't work out ping me again. In this case I will reflash my spare Z10 with a new firmware and try to purchase it myself, just to be sure.
    I tried yesterday via PayPal and credit card. Got errors both times. Thought I was initially locked out of my PayPal account at first but that works fine. I will try a reboot at some point today and attempt to repurchase. Will PM you if I get another error.

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:10 AM
    In case you want to see how I spent my weekend, the update 0.2.3.5 just got approved.

Here you have the changelog:

• support for the push type FILE

• new status bar at the top of the screen which displays the current status and network activity
    (work in progress, the styling is currently in discussion and it will change in the next update)

• added the target device name to the inbox list to which device a push was sent

• speeded up the device target selector in the push dialog

• fixed some layout issues and done some other performance improvements

• BlackBullet got now also a share target for files

• fixed a bug which caused strange characters instead of a linefeed in a note

• added options to configure extensive or compact Inbox views

• improved a delay issue in case you dismiss all items

• avoids a lot of notification noise at the start up in case you had the app closed for some time

As you might see... I've enjoyed my weekend!
    09-23-14 12:34 PM
    Hi

I've enjoyed using this app and seeing the rapid development! I'm very impressed.

My question is, do you have a roadmap for headless function?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work, I use pushbullet every day on all my devices, and Blackbullet has proven most useful!

Adam
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-23-14 01:26 PM
    I've enjoyed using this app and seeing the rapid development! I'm very impressed.
    Thanks a lot.

My question is, do you have a roadmap for headless function?
    Yes I have.

There are currently 2 approaches how this kind of app could get headless. The first one is pretty simple and could get developed within a weekend. But it would force your device to stay always online which is nowdays in the most cases anyway the case... But this is a pretty ugly behavior for a app which the user doesn't close in the most cases and a app which is always running. I know, thats the point of headless and such a behavior is pretty usual at Android, but personally I'm not developing for Android, I want to create a native and fully integrated app, "Built for BlackBerry".
    Because of this I'm currently trying to achieve this with a different, but more complex approach for which I need also some stuff delivered from other developers and companies. To get those to help me and invest time I need a evidence that the BlackBerry user group is still big, valid, very interested and moreover that I'm able to develop this app completely on my own. I'm trying do deliver this evidence by delivering good reviews for this beta which is still in a early state and especially with high download numbers at which I still need to work.

The first small steps are done, but there is still a long way ahead... but "constant dripping wears the stone" and I'm doing my best to get this, propably, most important and crucial part as well and power efficient as possible working.

So far I had no blocker and I'm still following my roadmap. But it needs still a lot of patience.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work, I use pushbullet every day on all my devices, and Blackbullet has proven most useful!
    Thanks a lot. In case you ran in any kind of issue let me know.
    Of course apart from the headless part and the network reliability which is at the current implementation still weak. But I'm aware of this issue.
    Hlao-roo, vserghi and allwi like this.
    09-23-14 04:19 PM
    Hi QtHelex,

I want the headless version NOW!! But I prefer the more complicated approach. As you said, leaving the headless app online all the time is ugly.
    So I'm happy to wait. I did everything I can to support you and already wrote a raving review
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-25-14 07:37 AM
    I want the headless version NOW!!
    Yes, I understand and I'm absolutely aware of this. I would love it, too.

But I prefer the more complicated approach. As you said, leaving the headless app online all the time is ugly.
    If everything works out as planned we will get the same expirience and response time as BBM, without the need to be constantly online.
    If this fails I still have a plan B using the ugly approach... but lets stick to plan A for some more time in the hope to get it done.

So I'm happy to wait. I did everything I can to support you and already wrote a raving review
    Thanks a lot!
    09-28-14 12:05 PM
    While I'm working on more features a small bugfix release for the last version got approved today.

Version 0.2.5.1:

• new behavior of the icon in the upper left
    changes now while and if the network is busy and active

• new behavior and style of the network activity status bar
    hides now automatically while nothing happens

• small fix for the Button to leave (hopefully) a good review at BlackBerry World

I hope I will get able to publish the next feature release as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
    09-29-14 03:03 PM
    You want to get a notification for new deals at stream or get every day the name of the "Amazon free app of the day"?

Using IFTTT.COM you were already able to get notified about a lot of stuff, including new postings at CrackBerry.com or stuff at Instagram and co - but for a few thing this was hard to setup. But this has changed today thanks to a new feature of pusbullet. The pushbullet notification channels: https://www.pushbullet.com/channels

BETA: BlackBullet - a native client for pushbullet.com-pushbullet-channel.png

Just subscribe to what you're interested in and BlackBullet will let you know as soon as something happens at this Channel.

Want to know more?
    https://blog.pushbullet.com/2014/09/...llet-channels/
    Last edited by QtHelex; 09-30-14 at 02:37 PM.
    allwi and BCITMike like this.
    09-30-14 02:17 PM
    Hi Dev,

I PM'd you last week and again this week but have not heard a response from you. I'm still receiving errors when using the in-app feature to purchase the Pro version either by PayPal or Credit Card. A device restart as per your direction did not rectify.

I'd love to purchase your app... any other suggestions? As stated in the PM, I can provide the error codes it generates.

Thanks
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-01-14 11:44 AM
    Hi Dev,

I PM'd you last week and again this week but have not heard a response from you. I'm still receiving errors when using the in-app feature to purchase the Pro version either by PayPal or Credit Card. A device restart as per your direction did not rectify.

I'd love to purchase your app... any other suggestions? As stated in the PM, I can provide the error codes it generates.

Thanks
    Whoops!
    I haven't got any notification. I will answer you as soon as I arrive at home. I'm sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Drenis likes this.
    10-01-14 12:10 PM
    Okay, this one was not easy... but somehow it made it finally to BlackBerry World.

BlackBullet update 0.3.0.2:

• new Inbox selection and filter behavior which should work now just like at the new website of pushbullet.com
    By default it shows pushes to all devices and when filtered for a certain Inbox the pushes to all devices are not included.

• new buttons to scroll fast to the top or to the bottom of the list
    Those Buttons appear while you're scrolling.

• new Tabs to filter and show only certain push types in the inbox like Notes, Files or Links
    (some more filters like for stuff you get from IFTTT.COM will get added soon)

Thanks a lot so far for participating at this public beta, for all your feedback and especially the good reviews at BlackBerry World. This helps a lot and with your help I'm sure we get able to create the best pushbullet client on any platform for our BlackBerry smartphones!
    Wolfgan likes this.
    10-01-14 01:20 PM
    Just want to say thanks Dev!!

Got the Pro version now and all's good. Great app and I will be a long time user of this service going forward. SO convenient.
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-01-14 02:51 PM
    • new buttons to scroll fast to the top or to the bottom of the list
    Those Buttons appear while you're scrolling.
    Sweet! I love these buttons. They are extremely useful but don't waste any valuable space of the screen.

As a Q10 owner, I'd like to have the 'usual' keyboard shortcuts for scrolling: i.e. T - Top, B - Bottom, space/shift-space - page down/page up. Can these be added in a future version?

And speaking of shortcuts it would be nice to have additional shortcuts, like numbers to select an inbox, N for new note etc

Thanks again for all your efforts and great app - and that's not only BlackBullet but also ClipMan, BaSA,...
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-01-14 05:03 PM
    Hi QtHelex,

Not sure how and where I shall report issues I experience with BlackBullet. Also not sure if these are really issues or if the features aren't implemented yet.

Ok my feedback : after your post about the channels in PushBullet and that you can trigger them through a RSS feed, I directly created two for my favourite blogs. I can see on my desktop that I get the notification but I didn?t got a notification in the hub. BlackBullet was running in an active frame. When I opened BlackBullet, it refreshed the list and I got the channel notifications as links (yeah!) but still no notification in the hub although I have the setting 'display notifications in the hub' turned on.

Thinking about this a bit more, if everything I receive as a channel notification will create a hub notification this will create a lot of noise. It would be good, if you could add filter which type, which sender and which keyword will create a hub notification.
    To get the notification when BlackBullet is running "in the background" it would be good to be able to configure a polling interval.

Cheers
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-02-14 08:11 AM
    As a Q10 owner, I'd like to have the 'usual' keyboard shortcuts for scrolling: i.e. T - Top, B - Bottom, space/shift-space - page down/page up. Can these be added in a future version?

And speaking of shortcuts it would be nice to have additional shortcuts, like numbers to select an inbox, N for new note etc
    Yes, they will get added for sure. But I would like to wait until all functions and options are in place, stuff like "search" is at example still missing.

Thanks again for all your efforts and great app - and that's not only BlackBullet but also ClipMan, BaSA,...
    Thanks a lot. You're welcome. I hope you left also already some good reviews at BlackBerry World.
    allwi likes this.
    10-03-14 10:08 AM
    Not sure how and where I shall report issues I experience with BlackBullet. Also not sure if these are really issues or if the features aren't implemented yet.
    You found exactly the right spot. Otherwise dropping me a Mail via BlackBerry World would have worked, too. But over here are others also able to read the answer.

Ok my feedback : after your post about the channels in PushBullet and that you can trigger them through a RSS feed, I directly created two for my favourite blogs. I can see on my desktop that I get the notification but I didn?t got a notification in the hub. BlackBullet was running in an active frame. When I opened BlackBullet, it refreshed the list and I got the channel notifications as links (yeah!) but still no notification in the hub although I have the setting 'display notifications in the hub' turned on.
    It needed some time until I got able to write more than just "I don't know" and I hope you excuse the delay for my answer.

The new Channel feature of pushbullet worked for about 30 minutes with my BlackBullet client, at least I had the impression, and so I created the posting over here. In the meantime I even get no notifications anymore at my desktop. After talking to a pushbullet guy I have now the clarification that they have currently still some small issues with this new feature and that they are hard working to get it more reliable.
    Personally I'm wondering why they have already posted it at their blog if it doesn't really work, but who am I that I could blame such a behaviour since I have also published a totally unfinished client?

But from the current Informations I got it may need a update for BlackBullet to make the Channels visible again. But I would like to wait some more days until the pushbullet guys stopped fixing bugs at their servers to begin the work...

Thinking about this a bit more, if everything I receive as a channel notification will create a hub notification this will create a lot of noise.
    Depends on how much sports and technology news you want to get.

It would be good, if you could add filter which type, which sender and which keyword will create a hub notification.
    Good Idea. Added to the wish list.

To get the notification when BlackBullet is running "in the background" it would be good to be able to configure a polling interval.
    This will work, if everything gets in shape as planned, at some point without any kind of polling interval. Just like BBM!
    allwi likes this.
    10-04-14 11:04 AM
    BlackBullet got a article at the front page of CrackBerry:
    BlackBullet adds cloud sync for ClipMan Clipboard Manager | CrackBerry.com
    Wolfgan likes this.
    10-06-14 08:39 AM
    BlackBullet got a article at the front page of CrackBerry:
    BlackBullet adds cloud sync for ClipMan Clipboard Manager | CrackBerry.com
    stupid question but the whole copy+paste thing works with desktop client installed, only. Or not? Because nothing about this is mentioned in the demo...

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-06-14 01:01 PM
631 ... 45678 ...