I do use both desktop and chrome at the same time. Since the latest update copy+paste is working more reliably from BB>desktop, so maybe it just needed time to settle?
    Or maybe some more small bug fixes and improvements...

"Mark notifications as read" doesn't fit on the screen of my Q10. Not sure if that is a big deal?
    Does fit here at my Z10, but I guess I will modify this a little bit and add a additional feature. Thanks for the hint!
    09-02-14 01:04 PM
    Just downloaded the latest update of BlackBullet. Fantastic! Bugs are fixed and it works really well.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-02-14 01:09 PM
    honestly I have a bit doubts about to still use this app once we have BB Blend.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blend only works locally and on-demand?Pushbullet offers the option to send stuff anywhere anytime. Even if all devices are off the notifications still get saved in the cloud. Seems like it will still be very useful to have an app like this.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-02-14 01:54 PM
    It depends on what you use BlackBullet for.

I'm currently implementing only stuff which BlackBerry Blend won't offer. Like the "Universal Copy & Paste" to sync your BlackBerry clipboard with the clipboard of your iPad, Desktop or Android Tablet. Also the whole IFTTT.com thing will not work at BlackBerry Blend. It's a different approach.

The Pushbullet network offers more than I have on schedule for BlackBullet. At example the "fantastic" function to answer a SMS at Android from your Desktop. I'm absolutely sure Blend will offer a by far better integration compared to what pushbullet creates here for Android. Especially since we're anyway unable to develop something like this for BBM. Creating it only for SMS is pointless.

I'm also eagerly waiting for Blend, but still continue the development of BlackBullet because I see here still a demand for something which goes bejond Blend. Not as a competitor, but as a great working addition to it.
    kadusch likes this.
    09-02-14 02:26 PM
    Since Version 0.1.9 arrived in the meantime at BlackBerry World here you have the changelog:

• adapted the code to a new server response from pushbullet when a item gets deleted

• fixed a bug with many empty items appearing at the list in case several items gets deleted at once

• new mechanism to block duplicate items at the "Univeral Copy & Paste" clipboard

• improved handling of on device notifications

• removed the limitation of 3 rows of text at the title of a link
    (using this you get able to add a full abstract of a RSS feed which you could receive from IFTTT.com)
    Wolfgan likes this.
    09-02-14 04:46 PM
    Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut to mark all notifications as read? Running BlackBullet on Q10

And would also be great if the Active Frame could show the latest Notification
    Last edited by rramnel; 09-03-14 at 03:03 AM.
    09-03-14 02:02 AM
    Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut to mark all notifications as read? Running BlackBullet on Q10

And would also be great if the Active Frame could show the latest Notification
    Possible for sure, but this kind of optimization has currently not the highest priority. But I will add it to my to do list.

I'm currently reconstructuring the "mark all notifications as read" and adding a additional dialog...
    So this will slow you again down and the keyboard shortcut might get worthless.

Please take a look at the next update how it will look like in the future.
    09-03-14 02:51 PM
    It looks good. I downloaded chrome extension and can push things but I don't like how when pasting the message in an bbm or email, it pastes the entire thing including the url.

Or am I missing something here? Is it just an url push to device?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:28 PM
    Or am I missing something here? Is it just an url push to device?
    Mh, no. You should be able to select the type of stuff you pushing to a different device. Check the website of pushbullet.com and push a text from there to your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:04 AM
    @dev can you give a rough indication when BlackBullet will work headless incl. HUB push?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 04:48 AM
    Still seem to be having a problem with multiple pushed notes even with the last update. Last RSS feed has been 10 times to my Pebble so far.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-04-14 10:26 AM
    @dev can you give a rough indication when BlackBullet will work headless incl. HUB push?
    I'm currently unable to give you even a rough timeframe, but I can share the details what is missing:

• pushbullet.com needs to add the BlackBerry Push Service to their servers, this is work which is needed to be done by the pushbullet guys. It may depend on how important they rate us BlackBerry users compared to other stuff at their to-do-list. They are watching how this app is progressing and they are also reading the reviews at BlackBerry World. So the best way is currently by leaving a good review to show them that the BlackBerry app for their service is a serious project and not just cloud-castle. A lot of good reviews is at this point the best way to convince them and this also won't create spam at their inbox. Annoying them won't help.

• BlackBerry needs to finally approve the permission for BlackBullet to run headless (the request is still work in progress, but it needed also at BaSA about 7 weeks, so nothing we should worry about at this point)

• It needs to get done. Simple as that, after the stuff above is in shape I will need some time to create the headless module.

But I would say that is in the current situation okay. There is still a lot of essential stuff missing. Even the files, addesses and list types are not working at this point. And as soon as the headless module will be included it would slow the whole development down because the testing for release at BlackBerry World needs for headless a lot more time and effort compared to a normal app.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-04-14 02:11 PM
    Another Suggestion

I get a lot of notifications and instead of viewing them all under the 'Notifications' tab in the hub, would it be possible to have a separate tab for BlackBullet in the sidebar of the hub (like Twitter or Whatsapp)? Then I can filter to view only the notifications from BlackBullet.

Posted via CB10
    black.rhino likes this.
    09-05-14 04:34 AM
    Yes, thats already at the to-do-list, but HUB integration is one of the hardest tasks and without headless module at this point impossible. But I'm sure we will get this at some point working, including hub integration in a separate Tab. :-)
    Dave XII likes this.
    09-06-14 05:02 AM
    Version 0.2.0 arrived this week:

• a few stability improvements

• improved handling of HUB notifications

• some code restructuring to support soon a new content type

• a few corrected typos (thanks for reporting)

Thats it! Back to coding...
    Wolfgan likes this.
    09-07-14 10:05 AM
    Naive question: I've only peripherally followed this thread/beta but is this PUSHBULLET a cloud service with all of the inherent "issues" associated with cloud security?

A quick visit to their site did not provide enough detail, I guess. So that anything I copy between platforms or devices goes through a 3rd party server? Or do I need to learn more about the basics of this process?

Thanks in advance
    09-07-14 10:57 AM
    Naive question: I've only peripherally followed this thread/beta but is this PUSHBULLET a cloud service with all of the inherent "issues" associated with cloud security?

A quick visit to their site did not provide enough detail, I guess. So that anything I copy between platforms or devices goes through a 3rd party server? Or do I need to learn more about the basics of this process?
    Yes, all concerns and issues someone could have regarding "cloud" services are applying here too. The connections are always secured (HTTPS and WSS), but everything you sent between your devices goes thru the servers of pushbullet which are rent Amazon S3 servers if I'm correct. And in case you are using Android devices everything you sent goes additionally thru the google play push service or in case of iPhone and iPad the corresponding service of Apple.

It's on your own how much you trust these services. But healthy suspicion is always a good idea.

If you use BlackBullet together with pushbullet and the IFTTT.com service to get a notification for sports news at your pebble or new articles at CrackBerry to your BlackBerry HUB I would say you don't have to worry.

If you sent links between your BlackBerry and Desktop you should also be safe, but in case you type drafts for BBM messages which are part of the planning for the next 09/11 I would say you shouldn't use it. If you use it to just be able to type faster some stuff for BBM groups or other text blocks it may depends on your personal way to deal with cloud security. I'm using it with pleasure because it makes me a lot more productive.
    If I would be concerned about some parts of conversations or notes I sent between my devices I should immedately stop using email. Thats a lot more unsecured compared to what the pushbullet cloud offers.

But regarding Clipboard sync I added myself a text with some concerns to BlackBullet which you should read before using it. If everything which gets copied at your device gets synced you should already know for what you can use a clipboard to be safe and what you have NEVER to copy to a clipboard, regardless which OS you're using.
    Just look at ClipMan how easily it tracks the clipboard content and stores it for you in a handy history. There is no special permission needed for this. What if a free but funny game has a similar functionality and while running it sents everything back home to the developer?
    I'm not aware of such a trojan horse at BlackBerry, but it is possible without much effort. There might be already hundreds of such dubious apps out there for Android... and iOS is also not secure. And I even haven't began to talk about Windows at this point. So even if you trust the pushbullet guys, the risk is growing that sensitive data might get stolen if you sync your clipboard to Android and similar devices!
    But my waring is still valid even without using BlackBullet and the clipboard sync. No app needs a permission to read the content of the clipboard and there is also no permission to block internet traffic for apps at BB10! Thats the biggest security issue we have at our devices... So NEVER copy a password to your clipboard. Period.

So far the security part. I were as honest as possible and I hope I haven't alienate any users.

It's like every other tool. Use it wisely and it won't hurt. If you don't know how to use a hammer it will hurt, belive me.
    smart548, Tim-ANC, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    09-07-14 12:43 PM
    I noticed that running BlackBullet in the background drains a significant amount of my Q10's battery life. Not sure if others face the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:37 AM
    I noticed that running BlackBullet in the background drains a significant amount of my Q10's battery life. Not sure if others face the same issue.
    Yes, it drains the battery because it needs at the current point still a active network connection. But it has improved a lot since version 0.1.2 and shouldn't have a significant impact in your battery life.

Could you share which firmware you're currently on and maybe a screenshot or two of the behavior of BlackBullet at the built in Device Monitor?
    09-09-14 04:50 PM
    I'm using a Q10 running 10.3.0.1154. Will continue to monitor it for a few days. Could be the OS as well.

Another thing I noticed is that if I delete the notification via the hub it still notifies me about the same notification later. To stop the notification I need to open the app and then it stops.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-10-14 04:34 AM
    The latest update with a few bugfixes are currently still stuck in the testing queue at BlackBerry World.

But I hope it will arrive at the beginning of next week.
    09-13-14 05:00 AM
    the new update is a mess for me. Pushes from clipman to chrome end incomplete by now...Actually transmission stops when using a semicolon in the text to push!

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    09-16-14 11:38 AM
    the new update is a mess for me. Pushes from clipman to chrome end incomplete by now...Actually transmission stops when using a semicolon in the text to push!
    Confirmed!

Thanks a lot for reporting. I will try to upload a bugfix as soon as possible.
    Dave XII likes this.
    09-16-14 01:35 PM
    Has this really worked for you in the past?

I tried now several old versions but without luck, so if it worked in the past something changed at the pushbullet server.
    But I guess I made here simply something wrong from the very beginning and need to implement it a little bit different to get it working including the ; character.
    09-16-14 05:36 PM
631 ... 34567 ...