Can you integrated in HUB?
    08-18-14 08:45 PM
    Yeah, this needs to get done. It's basically routine piece of work, but needs to get done and may need a whole weekend to get everything properly in shape at a Z10, Q10, Z30 and to make it worse PASSPORT. So I decided to leave it for now as it is and finish at least the core stuff. I will also add the file and address notification type before I will create the active frame (or scene cover) according to my current schedule. I hope you're patient enough, but it will get added for sure.
    I'm patient, no worries.

Mmh... could you share here more details?
    What is the drawback of the current behavior? You could be forced to mark the whole link again at ClipMan to separate it from the title, right? Hmm... yeah, if it's this what you mean this behavior could get improved. If you copy it manually within BlackBullet only the link should get copied, right?
    I guess I need to think a little bit about this one. Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    If I share the link to this thread (as an example) from the Pushbullet Firefox extension what gets automatically copied to the clipboard on my Q10 is:

Code:
    BETA: BlackBullet - a native client for pushbullet.com - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/beta-blackbullet-native-client-pushbullet-com-953158/#post10731185
    If it was just the link it would be more useful as I could just open the browser, paste it into the address bar, and go. Not a huge thing though as I can just open the message in BlackBullet and click the link to achieve the same thing.
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 09:13 PM
    Attachment 291558
    I get this error and I have talk2watch not the pro version
    I'm not sure why you are getting an error but I can verify that only the pro version of Talk2Watch supports other applications pushing information to the watch. So without the pro version you may as well disable Pebble integration in BlackBullet to stop the error message from being displayed.
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 09:14 PM
    Bought it. Without even knowing what it could do. Tried it. Loved it. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 09:22 PM
    Everyone: sign up for ifttt and get some recipes.

Make sure you push what ever info to pushbullet it will show up on your computer, chrome, firefox

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 10:06 PM
    I'm not sure why you are getting an error but I can verify that only the pro version of Talk2Watch supports other applications pushing information to the watch. So without the pro version you may as well disable Pebble integration in BlackBullet to stop the error message from being displayed.
    The thing is my talk2watch and bluetooth were off. And I can't swipe to turn off the talk2watch integration in the blackbullet settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:31 PM
    Man, this will become my favorite app. Once an active frame shows the messages and the headless/hub, I'll use it all the time!

Thanks dev!

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 11:08 PM
    Just upgraded to premium version excellent app
    When is headless app coming?just asking in curiosity

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-18-14 11:30 PM
    Nice app, started setting it up then ifttt.com crashed. So I'll have to do my testing later. But from my little tinkering so far this app needs to be headless.
    Just upgraded to premium version excellent app
    When is headless app coming?just asking in curiosity
    Hi guys! I guess I will answer both messages at the same time...

The headless is on schedule for sure. But I can't give a exact timeframe. I've written some more details at my first posting, but basically I need a additional feature at the server of pushbullet. The first time I asked them about this they were interestend, but said that they will do it for Windows Phone first. In the meantime they ordered a Z10 and read some parts of the documentation. So they are "somehow" on it, but from one week to the other the team got extremely busy with some other work, and I have no idea what they are currently working on. But I'm already extremely curious.

I can't force the pushbullet team to do any kind of work for us. But I'm so far extremely happy with the support I got so far from those guys. So I will wait patiently and see when they have again some more time.

I'm waiting here anyway for final headless support approval from BlackBerry, so even if possible I need to wait until I get allowed to publish it at BlackBerry World. And since the whole headless thing slows the whole development extremely down because of the long approval time at BlackBerry World we could try to see it positive: "The other stuff gets a lot faster done and polished without headless." - I know, not really balm, but we can't change it anyway at the moment.

In case everything is fine and in shape, we got the approval from BlackBerry and still nothing from pushbullet I will create a long running headless module which checks at least once a hour the pushbullet server for news. Not ideal, but at least something.

But at the moment I'm still full of confidence that we get real time push headless support done for this app! Were just not there yet.
    KKruglov and kadusch like this.
    08-19-14 12:34 AM
    The thing is my talk2watch and bluetooth were off. And I can't swipe to turn off the talk2watch integration in the blackbullet settings.
    You can't get to the settings in case you invoked the app at example by sharing a text to it. Start it manually and you should be able to turn it off.

I need to recheck my code, but there is a function to check if talk2watch is installed or not. But I'm not sure if it is able to differentiate if it is the pro version or not.
    08-19-14 01:16 AM
    Can you integrated in HUB?
    I asked BlackBerry for permission, but this feature will get added after everything else got in shape. The normal notifications in the HUB is already working very well. A extra category would be to topping on the ice cream, but I guess we need to add headless support, addresses and especially files first. Also receiving images with instant preview from IFTTT would be a useful feature...
    08-19-14 01:20 AM
    Great positivity! Will definitely be buying the upgrade

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-19-14 01:41 AM
    Not sure if this can be answered here, but... why the strict reliance on a Google account? Is it actually doing something with it (like transferring pushes through it)? Or is it just using the OAuth to avoid maintaining their own log-in database?

I have a secondary account that I use for this type of "experimental" stuff, but I'd like to find out as much as possible before recommending it to other users that may only have a primary Google account.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 11:54 AM
    Not sure if this can be answered here, but... why the strict reliance on a Google account? Is it actually doing something with it (like transferring pushes through it)? Or is it just using the OAuth to avoid maintaining their own log-in database?

I have a secondary account that I use for this type of "experimental" stuff, but I'd like to find out as much as possible before recommending it to other users that may only have a primary Google account.

Posted via CB10
    Pushbullet started out as an only google app (chrome and android) now it is branching out to all other platforms.

It just made sense to the pushbullet devs to make a google only account. I'm sure when it gets more popular they will include: a make your own account or use your facebook account.

But as of now the pushbullet service relies on google and it's services.

Your other questions are easily answered by a quick google search.

https://blog.pushbullet.com/2014/06/...-oauth-access/ for example

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:07 PM
    Double post, still cant delete via cb10 app.
    08-19-14 12:10 PM

You answered it yourself, yes it's because of OAuth. Pushbullet and also BlackBullet uses OAuth to manage the login. Using this method my app never gets your password and I it is because of this also not needed to encrypt it somehow myself, so I felt myself also a lot more comfortable during the development.
    Pushbullet seems to have their main origin at Android and hence they used google OAuth to manage the accounts, at least I guess so.
    Here are even more details: https://docs.pushbullet.com/oauth2/

EDIT: I guess I were too slow for khehl. Thanks my friend!
    Last edited by QtHelex; 08-19-14 at 12:49 PM.
    08-19-14 12:10 PM
    Well I guess you have a pretty good project here then. If the Android app relies that heavily on Google Services it might not ever come to Amazon either.
    And from your comments about your contact with Pushbullet it seems like they might even endorse you if the app goes out of Beta.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-19-14 01:08 PM
    Thanks guys for the replies. I had read some of the pushbullet FAQs before asking but figured I would get a more concise answer from those actually delving into the API. I was just curious as to how/why it works with it. Sounds good.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    08-19-14 01:30 PM
    Well I guess you have a pretty good project here then. If the Android app relies that heavily on Google Services it might not ever come to Amazon either.
    And from your comments about your contact with Pushbullet it seems like they might even endorse you if the app goes out of Beta.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    It's expanding. Right now they are working on wp8 apis and on their OSX app. They have a ios, android, chrome, firefox app and windows program.

But it is good that qthelex is making it since the pushbullet android app doesn't work at all since it's so tied into google services like you mentioned. I can see them makong an amazon version but from what I know, there will be nothing recent and definitely not before BlackBullet gets full function like headless.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 01:35 PM
    Not sure if this has been addressed before but when I am trying to 'share' a large text from i.e. 'Clipman' - the app hangs often and I need to cancel the request. When I copy the same text to clipboard and paste it manually it works w/o problems.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:01 AM
    I'm going to go ahead and assume that my issue is because I'm running 10.3.0.700 but I figured that I mention that when I go to upgrade it just hangs forever after entering my password for the purchase. The purchase never goes through and there is an infinite loading circle on that page. The rest of the app works fine, but if you go back to the page it will still be trying to load.

(everything else I've done with the app works great though, I look forward to seeing where it goes from here)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tgillan; 08-20-14 at 10:08 AM.
    08-20-14 09:52 AM
    Amazing app, excellent functionality. Thanks a lot for developing it!

Eagerly waiting for it to go headless (the current app minimized seems not optimized for active frame yet), and add itself as share target for other types (ie share location from maps, pics/music/files from the bb10 core apps)
    Thx again, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:01 AM
    Amazing app, excellent functionality. Thanks a lot for developing it!

Eagerly waiting for it to go headless (the current app minimized seems not optimized for active frame yet), and add itself as share target for other types (ie share location from maps, pics/music/files from the bb10 core apps)
    Thx again, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    Is this what yoe meant by "share to"

BETA: BlackBullet - a native client for pushbullet.com-img_20140820_120713.png

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:08 AM
    Is this what yoe meant by "share to"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140820_120713.png 
Views:	701 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	291981

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I found BlackBullet is currently a share target for URLs in the browser, but couldn't find any other app where the app registered to.

BTW, @qthelex... is there any way we can help you/us all showing support for BlackBullet with the pushbullet team?
    Wolf

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:11 PM
    They told me already that they may consider to create a 3rd party category and list it here as client for BlackBerry10 devices, but only in case they are satisfied how it works and with the reviews of the app: https://www.pushbullet.com/apps

Not sure if this has been addressed before but when I am trying to 'share' a large text from i.e. 'Clipman' - the app hangs often and I need to cancel the request. When I copy the same text to clipboard and paste it manually it works w/o problems.
    Oh, this one doesn't sounds good. What do you mean by "often"? When you try to share a text which causes the app to hang, does it work in 2 out of 10 cases or never?

I'm not sure if we may have here a general issue, a issue with your internet connection speed or a issue with the sharing framework which is limited to about 64kB of text. I found a workaround for this 64kB limitation, but it isn't implemented for now.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that my issue is because I'm running 10.3.0.700 but I figured that I mention that when I go to upgrade it just hangs forever after entering my password for the purchase. The purchase never goes through and there is an infinite loading circle on that page. The rest of the app works fine, but if you go back to the page it will still be trying to load.
    Ouh, this seems to be a issue with the in-app-payment system of BlackBerry World. I have no idea if this works at 10.3.0.700. Opening BlackBerry World works flawless at your device?

There were some days I got complains for the in-app-purchase of BaSA and Turbo Reader, so there could be a short hiccup and it works again at your device tomorrow. If not I would say the firmware could be the root for your issue.

(everything else I've done with the app works great though, I look forward to seeing where it goes from here)
    Thanks a lot. I'm currently working every free minute on it.
    MrGlenn likes this.
    08-20-14 12:25 PM
631 1234 ...