Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Best Replacements for Tasks and MemoPad

First off, I love the Remember App. However, I don't think it is a true replacement for Tasks/MemoPad on previous BB's.

Tasks was great for reminders. You could set a due date AND time and quickly check off completed, in progress, etc. With Remember, you can set a reminder date, but not assign a TIME to it. Personally, I used Tasks to quickly jot down something I needed to remember later that day (like picking up something at the grocery store after work). If Remember had a date AND time due date, it would be great.

MemoPad is basically gone. In Remember, everything is given a checkbox next to it, as if it were a task. My old MemoPad used to be filled with small lists that didn't really have a due date or didn't really need to be "completed". They were just "notes".

I've found one app called "Memo Pad" in BB World that is as simple as previous MemoPad on BBOS. It works great for memos and it was free. There are several Tasks apps in BB World, but most are paid apps, so I'm reluctant to try them out before hearing feedback on which one most closely resembles the old BB Tasks app.

Any help/advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    #HeneyBlog

Thanked by:
    mrskycar (04-23-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Why not Evernote?
    Curve Storm 2 BB BOLD 9930 & Z10
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry User

I use Evernote on my desktop and it makes connecting Notes to PC or Mac easy. The integration is excellent. I do agree that setting a time was nice in the old Tasks app.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by AndrLo View Post
    I use Evernote on my desktop and it makes connecting Notes to PC or Mac easy. The integration is excellent. I do agree that setting a time was nice in the old Tasks app.
    Noob question - - does evernote allow reminders with time and date? For example, can I set a reminder to go off at 6PM tomorrow? In Remember, I can only set a reminder for tomorrow. Thanks!
    #HeneyBlog

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

On that topic, I looked for Evernote in the App world and it's not there for the Z10. Funny though, under accounts, evernote showed up, so I set up a user and password and then it took me to an evernote page. From there I clicked blackberry to download and get a message "unavailable for this device" I hope this is resolved as I heard it's a great app. I'm with kyleheney on needing time reminders. Does evernote have that?

Quote Originally Posted by kyleheney View Post
    Noob question - - does evernote allow reminders with time and date? For example, can I set a reminder to go off at 6PM tomorrow? In Remember, I can only set a reminder for tomorrow. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

Bumping an old thread. I have the same question.