I've been a note ***** all my life. Recording information that I can easily search through and categorize has become very important to me over the years and while for most individuals the stock app is adequate, I have always yearned for something more robust and universal.

I start with evernote but quickly soured on the idea of paying >$50 annually to use the premium features of the service.

Simplenote has proven to be a very useful and VERY free alternative that lets you make simple text notes and access them anywhere on basically any device. One thing I haven't tested is how good the search works when you have a big heap of messy notes.

I recently noticed that Microsoft OneNote was on the amazon appstore, and WOW. Very customizable and tons of options to draw and record pretty much whatever you want to on top of your notes.

Just wondering what everyone else is using on both bb10 and android!
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 03:34 PM
    I use and love the included Remember on my BB10 phone. I have sync notes with Evernote, and tasks with Office 365 Outlook/Exchange. All work great, and all are searchable.
    04-22-17 06:17 PM
    I wouldn't trust Evernote with anything important since the privacy policy allowed employees to view your notes. Not sure how it's now but I closed my account the second I read about it.

Posted via CB10
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    04-22-17 08:26 PM
    I wouldn't trust Evernote with anything important since the privacy policy allowed employees to view your notes. Not sure how it's now but I closed my account the second I read about it.

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I am very comfortable with Evernote's privacy policies for personal notes for all lawful activities that comply with their terms of service. Their policies are better than almost all note-taking apps that I have seen. They do not sell my data to third parties or use it for advertising. They do release data to comply with warrants from law enforcement, and, like all companies, they will investigate customer they believe to be violating their terms of service.

They do not allow employees to read my notes under normal circumstances.

The notes I put in Evernote are simple text notes with hypertext links. I have never approached the threshold for needing a paid account.

I would not use any public cloud service for protecting sensitive information, such as financial, intellectual property, etc. That's just common sense.

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/...rivacy-policy/

If I was implementing a GTD system or something similar, I would likely choose OneNote, which I agree is excellent. And which I can use inside my Office 365 account for privacy.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-23-17 07:22 AM
    Another thing about evernote is they limit you to 2 devices I think, so it's fine if you just have say, one phone or tablet but if you have multiple devices it's super frustrating when you get down to usage tokens and all that jazz.

Say you're in a situation where you NEED to access a note on a specific device, typing in your password on that device unwillingly revokes access from another. Screw that!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 03:37 PM
    Quick and dirty note taking (not the best, not the worst) ....you can always use a Docs to Go sheet in bb10.
    ...with appropriate column and row resizing to be able to read long notes decently,
    ...search is decent enough (you can limit the search to a particular column or row,
    ...search won't highlight a word, it will highlight the cell that the word or search term is found in.
    ...You can set up categories in various columns, like subject date, who, etc.
    05-07-17 02:30 AM
    Agreed with Browsie. Evernote's changes to the privacy policy is what made me switch from Evernote to Remember for regular notes (I store more complex notes on OneNote Online, as I've been doing for years now).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-07-17 12:05 PM