I have been trying out some of the various android stock market apps and all that I have tried out seem to have an issue running on my Passport

Is there a native BlackBerry app out there that that can provide a good stock market experience?

Or, is there possibly a solid android stock market app out there that works well on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:15 PM
    Have you tried Bloomberg? That's what I use and like it.
    03-20-15 06:13 PM
    This one works on the Passport and is native.
    01-06-17 06:48 AM
    I have been trying out some of the various android stock market apps and all that I have tried out seem to have an issue running on my Passport

Is there a native BlackBerry app out there that that can provide a good stock market experience?

Or, is there possibly a solid android stock market app out there that works well on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Quickstocks works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 11:44 PM
    Actually this is a good question. I'm not much of a stock market guy. I have bankers that handle my investments but I'm trying to find ways to take it into my own hands.

There is a brand new native stock market app that was just released a few days ago. It's called Stockbook. It's 2.99 and I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

Anyone else tried it or willing to try? Here's the link:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59989183

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 11:48 PM
    'Stocks for BlackBerry 10'

It's the best stock app for bb10!

I started using it way back in the day and loved it. Then blackberry dropped the Adobe Air support with the release of 10.3.1 and the app stopped working as it was built on that
    I tried every other stocks app I could find (some android as well) and was never happy with the results.

Just the other day I was browsing app world and noticed that it was back! I'm not sure how long it's been back for when the developer redesigned the app without air, but I've missed it and happy to see it returned

Check out Stocks for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20081905

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 12:22 AM

I started using it way back in the day and loved it. Then blackberry dropped the Adobe Air support with the release of 10.3.1 and the app stopped working as it was built on that
    I tried every other stocks app I could find (some android as well) and was never happy with the results.

Just the other day I was browsing app world and noticed that it was back! I'm not sure how long it's been back for when the developer redesigned the app without air, but I've missed it and happy to see it returned

Check out Stocks for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20081905

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you should read the OP instead of just the title. 'Stocks for BlackBerry 10' doesn't work very well on Android.
    Oops! My bad! Sorry! I thought this was a different but similar thread I was responding to.
    01-13-17 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

That app is broken and has been for over two years. The trending is all screwed up. Not sure what you're looking at.

It never left BlackBerry World. It's been sitting there broken all this time. The dev abandoned it.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:54 AM
    Actually this is a good question. I'm not much of a stock market guy. I have bankers that handle my investments but I'm trying to find ways to take it into my own hands.

There is a brand new native stock market app that was just released a few days ago. It's called Stockbook. It's 2.99 and I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

Anyone else tried it or willing to try? Here's the link:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59989183

Posted via CB10
    I have the app and while it is ok, it is a work in progress. I have been conversing with the dev, suggesting improvements and features etc. He is very active and will listen to constructive feedback. I am still using Quickstocks (like it very much but it is an android port in BBW) but I would really like to see a native app and hope he continues.
    01-13-17 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Stocks for BlackBerry 10 doesn't work well any more. It has been abandoned by the developer. I have Stocks for BlackBerry 10, but StockBook works better. Did you actually try StockBook since you said you tried them all?
    01-13-17 09:31 PM
    Huh?

That app is broken and has been for over two years. The trending is all screwed up. Not sure what you're looking at.

It never left BlackBerry World. It's been sitting there broken all this time. The dev abandoned it.

Posted via CB10
    It was completely broken but after I updated to 10.3.3 I saw it in BlackBerry App World and installed it again. Seems to be working fine now. But honestly I don't actively trade too much at the moment so it's not a daily go-to app like it was before Air support ended and the app died.

Try installing it again and see what you notice?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:36 PM
    Stocks for BlackBerry 10 doesn't work well any more. It has been abandoned by the developer. I have Stocks for BlackBerry 10, but StockBook works better. Did you actually try StockBook since you said you tried them all?
    When was StockBook released? I haven't been actively trading for the past couple years so I haven't really paid much attention to the stock apps lately. I only installed it again because I saw it again and had access (I think I got it free before it was a paid app and still have access to it?)

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:39 PM
    I just looked up StockBook and I haven't used it before. Not sure if it didn't exist when I was actively trading, or if I just didn't want to buy it when I already had Stocks working good for me at the time

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:41 PM
    All the finance apps on BlackBerry world are stupid. I had a financial times premium account and using it on the browser. Suggesting the same to you bro.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:55 PM
    Just installed hubby, which happens to have stocks. Pretty cool having it as part if the hub! Works very well!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 11:53 PM
    When was StockBook released? I haven't been actively trading for the past couple years so I haven't really paid much attention to the stock apps lately. I only installed it again because I saw it again and had access (I think I got it free before it was a paid app and still have access to it?)

Posted via CB10
    StockBook was released this month.
    01-14-17 08:07 AM
    I have the app and while it is ok, it is a work in progress. I have been conversing with the dev, suggesting improvements and features etc. He is very active and will listen to constructive feedback. I am still using Quickstocks (like it very much but it is an android port in BBW) but I would really like to see a native app and hope he continues.
    There are a couple things that I don't like about QuickStocks. First is that it is Android, I prefer to support BB10 native developers. Second, it requires you to turn on Location Services. That should never be required for a finance app and lastly, it uses Google Analytics to track what you are doing under the disguise of making the app better. That is far from the truth. For those reasons, I would never use it.
    01-14-17 08:12 AM
    I used wireshark to compare the data and ips that both QuickStocks and StockBook uses.

StockBook only uses Yahoo and Google as said in the description.

QuickStocks uses

api.apptentive.com which tracks what the apps does and sends it to the developer.
    ipinfo.io to get the IP and detailed information on where the user is.
    doubleclick.net which makes sense since I used the free version.
    google websites (most likely the analytics)
    Now the disturbing parts.
    AmazonAWS which is web services which could be the user storing the data from the app
    and 172.217.2.1 which is a private and unknown ip address.

This app is way to dodgy for me to ever use.

UPDATE: Stocks for BlackBerry has no dodgy transmissions.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 01-14-17 at 09:07 AM.
    01-14-17 08:50 AM
    There are a couple things that I don't like about QuickStocks. First is that it is Android, I prefer to support BB10 native developers. Second, it requires you to turn on Location Services. That should never be required for a finance app and lastly, it uses Google Analytics to track what you are doing under the disguise of making the app better. That is far from the truth. For those reasons, I would never use it.
    I always prefer the native apps as well but IMHO Stockbook is just not quite there yet. As I said above it is getting better and there is more to come apparently. I really like the UI of Quickstocks and it is also available for my Playbook (without extra charge, bonus). The analytics can be turned off. I would like to see a few more improvements in Stockbook before I make it my everyday app.
    01-14-17 08:54 AM
    I always prefer the native apps as well but IMHO Stockbook is just not quite there yet. As I said above it is getting better and there is more to come apparently. I really like the UI of Quickstocks and it is also available for my Playbook (without extra charge, bonus). The analytics can be turned off. I would like to see a few more improvements in Stockbook before I make it my everyday app.
    You can turn off Google Analytics, but you can't turn off all the other tracking that it does.

What improvements to StockBook are you looking for?
    01-14-17 09:08 AM
    What improvements to StockBook are you looking for?
    Some have been made already because I have talked to the dev. When I first bought it a week or so ago, the app did not scale properly at all in my Passport (using 10 font). Also the "Portfolio" add did not even work at all. The "Markets" pane had unreadable overlap as well as "Currency Rates" under Settings (it still does). Under the Help tab, when you go to "Setup and Basics" all you get is the "Default Currency" which makes no sense at all. If you tap the Search icon, it would be nice if the cursor would automatically go to the search box instead of having to manually touch in the box to get started. Scrolling through with the keyboard (for the Passport) would be a nice touch as would a custom skin or two (darker maybe). And I could go on......but the point is, the dev is listening and has already applied some of my suggestions as per the last update. More to come I hope.
    01-14-17 09:24 AM
    Stockbook has just been updated again today and is getting better and better. I am going to make it my app of choice now. The dev is very active and listens to suggestions/fixes etc. He deserves support!
    01-17-17 08:03 PM
    Stockbook has just been updated again today and is getting better and better. I am going to make it my app of choice now. The dev is very active and listens to suggestions/fixes etc. He deserves support!
    Hi,

More updates today. New version is 1.1.0.764. More stock markets and currencies. Additional GUI enhancements.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-16-17 09:24 AM
    More fixes, enhancements and stock markets, funds. Latest version is 1.1.0.903.

I want to thank everyone for all the good feedback and suggestions. Will try to implement the most requested first.
    brookie229 and Invictus0 like this.
    02-23-17 10:02 PM
    Looks good. Downloaded tonight and just started looking around. Nice work!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 11:24 PM
30 12