I want to start monitoring my battery life to see how its affected by the amount of usage I do, as well as when I'm not using it at all.

What's the best option out there? I've seen many users with Battery Guru but with the plethora of battery apps I don't know what to get..
    I'd appreciate the help

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:30 PM
    battery guru is good. Doesn't run headless but it will with 10.2

Most of the others are android ports. I went through a few and I'm happy with battery guru

Posted via CB10
    John.P likes this.
    06-14-13 10:36 PM
    I actually use BX Battery Info with in app purchase for more features
    06-14-13 10:39 PM
    Battery Guru seems to be the de-facto standard. I concur with that.
    John.P likes this.
    06-14-13 11:18 PM
    Battery Guru seems to be the de-facto standard. I concur with that.
    Just got it, crazy battery life reading I'm getting lol.

Best Battery app?-img_00000177.png

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 04:05 AM
    Just got it, crazy battery life reading I'm getting lol.

There are a couple of important points you need to keep in mind.

First of all, the operating system only provides power consumption/charging data at 2 minute intervals. So if you look at the stats after the device has been sitting idle with the screen off, or on the charger, when you first look at the battery life estimate it's going to be very high. But if you wait 2 minutes for the app to update to show current state (with the screen active and no longer on the charger), the figure will update to a more realistic figure.

Also, the estimates are instantaneous, not long-term average. So if you're watching a video for 10 minutes, the stat during that activity will make it seem like your battery will die pretty quickly, but that would only be the case if you were using the device in the same way (ie continuously watching videos) for that whole time period.

The developer has indicated that they plan to also include some sort of "long-term average" battery life estimate as well, in a future release.
    06-15-13 06:01 AM
    I tried a few before settling on Battery Guru. Most sucked too much power for my liking. Guru just takes tiny sips when it updates.
    Also, you'll notice that the most active and experienced Forum members use it. In the absence of hard data, "go with the pros".
    06-15-13 08:49 AM