So the stock alarm on the bedside mode looks cool and all but it unfortunately only allows us to put in one alarm at a time.

I'm looking for an app that will let me program multiple alarms so I don't have to keep on fiddling with the alarm time.

Also as a side note, if I buy an alarm app, will I have to keep leaving it as an active frame. As I understand it, apps currently don't have access to background processes.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:04 PM
    Hi

To approach it from another direction, I can tell you that Multi Alarms from toysoft, whilst initially promising, turns out to be incredibly buggy at this time. For example, it won't play 2 alarms if they are scheduled on the same day. It will play the first but never the second. At least for me. I tried reboot the Z10 but this did not solve the problems.

I reviewed the app in the App World (gave it 3*) but they removed my review, as they did with another critical one which I think was a 2* review. A pity, as my review said that if they can sort out the bugs it would be a 5* app. When a developer pulls critical reviews rather than addressing the issues, it's not particularly reassuring.

Blackberry World link: Multi Alarms

And yes, the alarm apps all need to run in the foreground at the moment as I don't think BB have enabled background apps from the App Word as yet.

If you do find a decent one, please post here as I'd like to know too. Likewise, I'll update this thread if the bugs in MA get fixed.
    02-27-13 08:53 AM
    Sorry if you had problems with the current version of Multi-Alarms.

BlackBerry just approved v2.0. Can you please get the update and see if you still have those problems?
    02-28-13 12:42 PM
    Hi Smiley88

Thanks for the heads up: I have updated to the latest version 2 release and the multiple alarms per day problem seems to be solved - I'll let you know how that goes after a week's worth of alarms but so far so good.

One small issue after the upgrade: my weekly alarms shifted one day on (so my Tuesday alarm was set to Wednesday, my Thursday alarm appeared on Friday). This did not affect the Weekdays alarms which stayed on Mon-Fri correctly. Only a matter of moments to fix manually but maybe something to check your end in case mine was not a one off case.

With regards the reviews, I am not a fan of devs removing critical reviews unless that is they are completely off topic or patently factually misleading. Better to have honest feedback and then you get an improved score once you fix it, showing users that devs take notice.
    daizymom likes this.
    03-01-13 06:17 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.sleep&hl=en This is the best alarm ever. Someone created a bar file (you can find it somewhere on the android port forum).

Email Martin and encourage him to bring it over officially (and hopefully natively one day!) [email protected]
    03-01-13 12:44 PM
    Update: the new version of Multi Alarms seems to work well. All my alarms have sounded as and when they were required.
    03-05-13 06:31 PM
    with bedside mode you can have that set to one time and then you can also set your alarm clock, they are not the same
    03-06-13 11:44 PM
    With regards the reviews, I am not a fan of devs removing critical reviews unless that is they are completely off topic or patently factually misleading. Better to have honest feedback and then you get an improved score once you fix it, showing users that devs take notice.
    Do you mean the devs can pick and remove reviews of their apps?

Best alarm clock app?-300px-paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_statue.jpg

I am surprised there is a single apps in BB world rated lover than 4.5 in that case

Back to topic

So if I close an active frame with alarm clock app eg open 8 others apps during a busy day then the alarm won't wake me up?
    Sounds great
    03-10-13 07:40 PM
    with bedside mode you can have that set to one time and then you can also set your alarm clock, they are not the same
    What OS version are you on? On Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672, there is one alarm only, controlled from both locations.
    03-10-13 07:45 PM
    maybe it was a bug, but i had mine going off multiple times, as well as snooze. but yes i set my alarm in bedside mode and it is now set in the clock. just tested and is back to the way it was intended as one alarm
    03-10-13 08:26 PM
    maybe it was a bug, but i had mine going off multiple times, as well as snooze. but yes i set my alarm in bedside mode and it is now set in the clock. just tested and is back to the way it was intended as one alarm
    ****. Too bad. I was hoping to see it the other way. Let's see what 10.1 brings.
    03-10-13 08:43 PM

So if I close an active frame with alarm clock app eg open 8 others apps during a busy day then the alarm won't wake me up?
    Sounds great

I'm pretty sure you don't need the alarm clock app to be open for it to work. The alarm that you put on for the bedside mode remains persistent. Well at least from my experience of it. I do have the alarm on repeat everyday so that may be a factor.

I still haven't found a good app that handles multi alarms though. I'm quite suspicious of the multi alarm app that was pointed out in this thread because I've noticed that the critical reviews for It keeps disappearing.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:45 PM
    yeah
    The clock app, the one built in BB10 doesn't have to be on,
    The thread is about multiple alarms and BB10 clock doesn't have that option.
    I is hard to believe it but it's a fact.

Any other app including mentioned above 'Multi Alarms' become useless as soon as the active frame gets closed
    03-11-13 01:35 PM
    Do you mean the devs can pick and remove reviews of their apps?

I am surprised there is a single apps in BB world rated lover than 4.5 in that case
    Apparently so. I'm not quite sure how it works for BB10, but I know on the PlayBook side devs can remove reviews. I'm not sure if all can be removed or only some (no idea of criteria)

I have seen several apps where critical reviews have suddenly vanished.
    03-23-13 03:37 PM