Thanks for the app, purchased and it is great so far (keep working on it).

I would like to request another shortcut: in Gmaps the number 0 would center the map on your location.

And thanks for the "I" and "O" zoom. Really miss that in BBMaps.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:15 PM
    Same problem here in Dubai....

If I type in my building or most other buildings on maps.google.com or an iOS/android/sideloaded Google maps app everything works.

Try searching "TECOM ABC Building" on Google maps. Now try it in BeMaps (no result there)

This makes the app useless for people in dubai as most places go by building name.

If you look at the map (Tecom area) you will find the building there, but you cannot search for it

Also if I try to place a pin on it. It will create a pin 3km away no matter which zoom level.

Also with search results I try to navigate to. Often in bemap it will show correctly, but with multiple search results any turn-by-turn navigation sent to BBMAPS will send you to the wrong place!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:22 AM

If I type in my building or most other buildings on maps.google.com or an iOS/android/sideloaded Google maps app everything works.

Try searching "TECOM ABC Building" on Google maps. Now try it in BeMaps (no result there)

This makes the app useless for people in dubai as most places go by building name.

If you look at the map (Tecom area) you will find the building there, but you cannot search for it

Also if I try to place a pin on it. It will create a pin 3km away no matter which zoom level.

Also with search results I try to navigate to. Often in bemap it will show correctly, but with multiple search results any turn-by-turn navigation sent to BBMAPS will send you to the wrong place!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for providing the sample. I was able to replicate the bug. This should make it easier for us to fix it.
    08-11-13 03:21 AM
    Well for the first time ever, I had to make use of the BlackBerry Maps app on my Q10, due to needing walking directions to get to somewhere a couple of miles away. Typed in the name of the place (well known), and nothing came up. Waste of time. Then went to Google maps on the internet, which gave me turn-by-turn directions to where I needed to be. BeMaps 10 Pro is starting to look better and better!

Posted via Q10
    08-11-13 07:58 AM
    BeMaps 10 Version 1.1.34 has just been approved by BlackBerry World and should be available to everyone within the next couple of hours.

Changes:
    - Added support for terrain layer
    - Added menu item 'Center on My Location' with keyboard shortcut on Q5/Q10
    - Added warning message when location services are turned off
    - Fixed About screen cut off in landscape mode on Z10
    R Field and dusdal like this.
    08-13-13 12:46 AM
    liking the app so far especially if I only have one destination. Is there an ETA on when you will be implementing the ability to easily add favorites to the map? I really want to stop using the sideloaded Google map but it's my only option as a delivery driver. Thanks again.
    mboujoul likes this.
    08-13-13 07:09 AM
    The ability to share directions would be my only feature request. Thanks, great app!
    08-13-13 07:22 AM
    I haven't purchased yet, looking for a map app that I can share locations with the native Remember app. I need the ability save an address based on my location in a Remember note. And then be able to reference the Remember note later, click the address and it be pulled up on a map.

Is this possible?
    08-13-13 08:51 AM
    My request was to add a Share menu to directions, so it could technically have a Share to --- Remember. This would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:57 AM
    My request was to add a Share menu to directions, so it could technically have a Share to --- Remember. This would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's kinda what I had in mind. I just need the ability to save additional notes to go along with the map location. There is a 'Share My Location' in the native Blackberry Maps, but Remember isn't an option to share with... just BBM, Text Messages, NFC, and Barcode. I wonder if one of those could subsequently be saved in Remember.
    08-13-13 05:43 PM
    Yes, I use Remember too...and this would be a welcome addition. I bought the app, but have not really used it much yet.
    08-13-13 07:38 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

Same issue here except in Japan.

My Japanese address is for example 5-3-22 Nakamachi, Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan, but it either shows up as no result or the wrong address. It works in the sideloaded Google maps and the browser one too.

Sent an email to the developer already. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    08-13-13 10:15 PM
    Does BeMaps pro have an offline mode ?

Like we can select 'make available offline' in google maps android version to download certain areas and use the maps when there is no data connectivity
    R Field likes this.
    08-14-13 02:34 AM

Like we can select 'make available offline' in google maps android version to download certain areas and use the maps when there is no data connectivity
    I don't think so but would be great if it could be added.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:27 AM
    BeMaps 10 Version 1.1.34 has just been approved by BlackBerry World and should be available to everyone within the next couple of hours.

Changes:
    - Added support for terrain layer
    - Added menu item 'Center on My Location' with keyboard shortcut on Q5/Q10
    - Added warning message when location services are turned off
    - Fixed About screen cut off in landscape mode on Z10
    Pflugar this is off topic for this thread but any chance you could make a Web browser as I am very impressed with all your apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:18 AM
    Hi pfluger

I have recently loaded 10.2.0.1157 as a way to test the app in terms of 10.2 Compatibility. While the app runs fine. I saw some performance issues

1. Start up is slow; I'm not sure if it's because my internet is slow (the map loads but I still see the BeMaps splash screen).

2. Scrolling is also slow; as baseline I tried running maps.google.com on my browser in mobile mode and loading is instantaneous and scrolling is smoother despite on the regular browser. Is it wrong for me to anticipate that kind of perfomance on the app or it's just not optimized for 10.2?

I appreciate your feedback on this
    08-14-13 09:59 PM
    I haven't purchased yet, looking for a map app that I can share locations with the native Remember app. I need the ability save an address based on my location in a Remember note. And then be able to reference the Remember note later, click the address and it be pulled up on a map.

Is this possible?
    You can currently already do this. Once you have the location you want to save, tap and hold the search result on the bottom of the screen in BeMaps. Then select 'Share' and 'Remember'.

It will add the address as text to Remember.

To open the address again in BeMaps, open the note in Remember and then tap and hold the address (don't just tap, this will open it in BBMaps). Then select 'Share' and 'BeMaps'.

We are currently looking into ways to add BeMaps as a default handler for addresses next to BBMaps to make the second part more elegant.
    08-16-13 01:29 AM
    The ability to share directions would be my only feature request. Thanks, great app!
    We have this on our list.
    08-16-13 01:30 AM
    liking the app so far especially if I only have one destination. Is there an ETA on when you will be implementing the ability to easily add favorites to the map? I really want to stop using the sideloaded Google map but it's my only option as a delivery driver. Thanks again.
    No ETA for this yet.
    08-16-13 01:30 AM
    Same issue here except in Japan.

My Japanese address is for example 5-3-22 Nakamachi, Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan, but it either shows up as no result or the wrong address. It works in the sideloaded Google maps and the browser one too.

Sent an email to the developer already. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    We have an internal build that allows searching for the literal search text instead of just the suggestions in the list. I searched for the address you entered. Can you let me know if the screenshot shows the correct location?

BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000615.png
    08-16-13 01:34 AM

Per Google's terms & conditions we are not allowed to offer offline functionality.
    08-16-13 01:35 AM
    Pflugar this is off topic for this thread but any chance you could make a Web browser as I am very impressed with all your apps?

Posted via CB10
    No plans at this time for a web browser.
    08-16-13 01:35 AM
    Hi pfluger

I have recently loaded 10.2.0.1157 as a way to test the app in terms of 10.2 Compatibility. While the app runs fine. I saw some performance issues

1. Start up is slow; I'm not sure if it's because my internet is slow (the map loads but I still see the BeMaps splash screen).

2. Scrolling is also slow; as baseline I tried running maps.google.com on my browser in mobile mode and loading is instantaneous and scrolling is smoother despite on the regular browser. Is it wrong for me to anticipate that kind of perfomance on the app or it's just not optimized for 10.2?

I appreciate your feedback on this
    What version did you use before? Did you see better performance?
    08-16-13 01:36 AM
    We have an internal build that allows searching for the literal search text instead of just the suggestions in the list. I searched for the address you entered. Can you let me know if the screenshot shows the correct location?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000615.png 
Views:	1166 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	192893
    That was a test address. Can you try the address below?

2-12-16
    Fukasawa
    Tokyo 158-0081

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:59 AM
    That was a test address. Can you try the address below?

2-12-16
    Fukasawa
    Tokyo 158-0081

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    This is what I got.

BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000616.png
    08-16-13 04:33 AM
246 12345 ...