We have officially released BeMaps 10 Pro today. For any feedback and bug reports please post here!

BeMaps 10 Pro is available for $3.99 on BlackBerry World at BlackBerry World - BeMaps 10 Pro - with Google Maps

Explore new places, discover local favorites, and navigate your world with BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps for BlackBerry 10. BeMaps 10 Pro is a native Cascades app with a simple, easy-to-use design.

* Get where you need to go quickly with car, public transit, biking and walking directions
    * Find the perfect spot for any occasion with local reviews from trusted friends and experts
    * Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more

Features:

- Maps based on the popular Google Maps
    - Lock the map to your GPS position to automatically follow you
    - 'My location' indicator with compass heading indicator will always show you where you are
    - Search for addresses, places and locations worldwide using the powerful Google Maps based search
    - Shortcuts for searching for restaurants, coffee, bars, grocery stores, hotels, gast stations, post offices, pharmacies, malls and ATMs nearby
    - Show additional layers on map like satellite, public transit, traffic and bike lanes
    - Tap on hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map to learn more and use it as a starting point for street view and directions
    - Tap a point of interest (POI) icon to learn more about the place or business
    - Detailed information about thousands of places wordwide, including descriptions, phone numbers, website and reviews from other Google users
    - Get car, public transit, walking or bike directions between any two locations
    - Get stunning, 360-degree Street View panoramas to help you find your way in many locations of the world
    - Zoom in and out of the map with the zoom buttons, pinch-to-zoom or a one finger gesture (tap, tap-and-hold, then slide up/down)
    - Optional full screen mode gives you more screen real estate on QWERTY devices

If you are a developer and looking on how to integrate with BeMaps 10, check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb-10-d...6/#post9184174

BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000034.png BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000019.png
    BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000016.png BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000017.png
    BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000029.png BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000025.png
    Last edited by pfluger; 09-17-13 at 03:13 PM.
    07-26-13 06:41 PM
    Awesome can't wait to download I've been waiting for an app like this.
    07-26-13 06:51 PM
    Looks good.....I am just going to purchase!
    07-26-13 07:13 PM
    BOOM! Great app...really fast too...thanks!
    07-26-13 07:18 PM
    I just wanted to clarify. When I find location on BeMaps and click navigate it will switch to Tom Tom maps and use voice guided navigation?

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-27-13 12:34 AM
    I just wanted to clarify. When I find location on BeMaps and click navigate it will switch to Tom Tom maps and use voice guided navigation?

Posted from my Zed 10
    You find a location in BeMaps and then select the little 'Directions' icon. This will calculate the directions in BeMaps (see screenshot). You can then click the 'Turn-by-Turn' icon in the directions list to switch to BlackBerry Maps for voice guided turn by turn directions.

There are a couple of restrictions though (limitations of BlackBerry Maps):
    - Only car or walk navigation is available (no transit or bike)
    - You can only start from your current location (BeMaps can calculate directions between two arbitrary locations)
    - BlackBerry Maps will calculate its own route, so it does not necessarily match what BeMaps calculated

BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000599-50-.png BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_00000598-50-.png
    07-27-13 12:58 AM
    nice app!
    but there's problem with displaying Russian charters in search bar.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:38 AM
    You find a location in BeMaps and then select the little 'Directions' icon. This will calculate the directions in BeMaps (see screenshot). You can then click the 'Turn-by-Turn' icon in the directions list to switch to BlackBerry Maps for voice guided turn by turn directions.

There are a couple of restrictions though (limitations of BlackBerry Maps):
    - Only car or walk navigation is available (no transit or bike)
    - You can only start from your current location (BeMaps can calculate directions between two arbitrary locations)
    - BlackBerry Maps will calculate its own route, so it does not necessarily match what BeMaps calculated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000599-50%.png 
Views:	4333 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	186355 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000598-50%.png 
Views:	4336 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	186354
    Good enough. Thanks.

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-27-13 02:24 AM
    Beautiful app. From the icon to the interface. The apps interface is in some ways even more attractive than Google Maps v. 7. Been testing it a bit. It really enhances the Tom Tom maps. It will allow me to search for a establishment that does not show up on the default map, and BeMaps will allow the default map to give me turn by turn navigation to that place. Impressed.

Small bug. When I search for a place, click the address below and in the next Window press directions, it tells me cannot find start point and destination.

On the other hand, if I start by clicking the directions button from the button, than search the place, it gives me the route.

Hope that came out clear. No biggie.

In any event. Happy with my purchase. Feel great to be sending you some money. I use your free (ad free) BeFlashlight app a lot.

BeMaps Pro really makes my phone feel complete. The only other app I would want for my phone is a native Google+ app (hint :-)) .

Another question. Got an email with a code. Not sure where to input it?

Posted from my Zed 10
    Last edited by Robin Lim; 07-27-13 at 03:10 AM.
    07-27-13 02:59 AM
    Small bug. When I search for a place, click the address below and in the next Window press directions, it tells me cannot find start point and destination.

On the other hand, if I start by clicking the directions button from the button, than search the place, it gives me the route.
    Do you have a sample location where you see that happen? You can post here or send me a PM.

There are three ways to get directions to a place.
    1. You open the directions screen and enter start and destination manually
    2. You search for a location (or drop a pin by long clicking) and then select the little arrow sign on the bottom right (next to the streetview sign). This will open the directions screen prefilled.
    3. You search for a location and click the name/address on the bottom of the screen and it opens a new window with all the details about the place. Here you click the 'Directions' button and it will again open the directions screen prefilled. (This is also the way to get directions if you click a point of interest (businesss etc) somewhere on the map)

If I understand correctly (1) works but (3) does not? Did you try (2)?
    07-27-13 03:13 AM
    Amazing, bravo
    07-27-13 03:50 AM
    Option 1 works (except the one problem noted below). Option 3 works most of the time (let me try it in more places). Have not tried Option 2.

Had the problem testing to these two places:

SM Mall of Asia, Philippines, from from Bacoor City Cavite - Using option 1 works.
    Starbucks, Aseana, Macapagal, Philippines from Bacoor City Cavite - Using option 1 leads me to a different place.

Phone is charging now, but will try it more later. Maybe I am doing something wrong. No one else seems to be reporting it.

In any event, am a happy camper.
    07-27-13 03:53 AM
    Okay. As near as I can tell, the problem is only present with places in Paranaque. Paranaque has a ~ over the "n" and the app interprets this as a "A~+". This seems to cause the problem.

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-27-13 05:38 AM
    Okay. As near as I can tell, the problem is only present with places in Paranaque. Paranaque has a ~ over the "n" and the app interprets this as a "A~+". This seems to cause the problem.

Posted from my Zed 10
    That would make sense. There is an update pending in BlackBerry World that fixes a lot of the special character problems. It should be available in the next couple of days. Let me know if that fixes it.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-27-13 01:17 PM
    Will do.

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-27-13 02:34 PM
    Hey don't know if I should post here or the official thread, so I'll just post on both. Some improvements that I found could be made after using this extensively from beta.

When getting directions, clicking on the black bar that indicates the first step in the directions should take the user to the full directions list.

The only way to get to that full directions list is to click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner. Clicking on this icon isn't always the most responsive, but after a few attempts, it works fine and subsequently, it becomes more responsive. So maybe make it more responsive to that initial attempt?

Another thing I've noticed is that it is not easy to toggle between the different choices of directions by car, public transit, walking or cycling. What I mean is that after I have keyed in the fields for where I want to go, I'm not allowed to change my option from directions by car to say directions by public transit. The only way I can do is to click the "x" in the top right corner and key in the fields again but choose another directional option. I feel this is a bit clunky. Perhaps have a button where the user can easily toggle through the different directional options? I suggest to make the icon on the left of the bar to be that toggle. It would definitely make things easier for users like me.

Other than that, I just hope the loading, panning and zooming can be smoother. I can see that this has been improved on, but it still needs work. I know about the lack of vector based maps, but is there any way you can reverse engineer it to work on this app? Or perhaps look through the source code for google maps and figure it out? Just curious.

Hopefully all the improvements I suggested can be made. Thanks for making this app!
    07-27-13 03:26 PM
    This app sounds wonderful, I really want it as I'm depending on an android port of Google Maps. The only thing that is stopping me from purchasing this app is the fact that I cannot access my Google places or favourites. I really depend on these for work, but if access to your Google account is coming in the near future as an update, I will gladly donate to the Devs. Are there any plans to incorporate this feature?
    mboujoul and leejayh like this.
    07-27-13 08:44 PM
    Hey don't know if I should post here or the official thread, so I'll just post on both. Some improvements that I found could be made after using this extensively from beta.

When getting directions, clicking on the black bar that indicates the first step in the directions should take the user to the full directions list.

The only way to get to that full directions list is to click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner. Clicking on this icon isn't always the most responsive, but after a few attempts, it works fine and subsequently, it becomes more responsive. So maybe make it more responsive to that initial attempt?
    We have already added this in our internal builds. You will be able to click the black bar with the directions step and it will open to the directions list with this step highlighted.

Another thing I've noticed is that it is not easy to toggle between the different choices of directions by car, public transit, walking or cycling. What I mean is that after I have keyed in the fields for where I want to go, I'm not allowed to change my option from directions by car to say directions by public transit. The only way I can do is to click the "x" in the top right corner and key in the fields again but choose another directional option. I feel this is a bit clunky. Perhaps have a button where the user can easily toggle through the different directional options? I suggest to make the icon on the left of the bar to be that toggle. It would definitely make things easier for users like me.
    Good suggestion and already implemented internally. You can click the travel type (car, transit, walk, bike) icon on the left of the bar (actually anywhere on the bar) and it will reopen the directions entry page where you can change start/end point and travel type.

Other than that, I just hope the loading, panning and zooming can be smoother. I can see that this has been improved on, but it still needs work. I know about the lack of vector based maps, but is there any way you can reverse engineer it to work on this app? Or perhaps look through the source code for google maps and figure it out? Just curious.
    Improving zooming and panning is something we are working on. Even without vector maps there should be something we can do.
    07-27-13 11:27 PM
    This app sounds wonderful, I really want it as I'm depending on an android port of Google Maps. The only thing that is stopping me from purchasing this app is the fact that I cannot access my Google places or favourites. I really depend on these for work, but if access to your Google account is coming in the near future as an update, I will gladly donate to the Devs. Are there any plans to incorporate this feature?
    Unfortunately this is not easy as there seems to be no official API for 3rd party developers to access the 'My Places' data from Google Maps.
    This is a much demanded feature so we will see if/when we can add this.
    agaw and StutterStep like this.
    07-27-13 11:28 PM
    Integration with Gmaps "my places" would be ideal, but as an alternative I'd like to see BeMaps allow us to save places within the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:03 AM
    Is there an "add to favourites" or something similar? Nice app so far.
    07-28-13 10:00 AM
    A new version has just been approved by BlackBerry and should be available for download within the next couple of hours.

Changes in version 1.0.21
    - Added 'Clear Search History' to settings page
    - Fixed special characters in certain languages not displaying correctly (Russian, French, German, Japanese etc)
    - Fixed locations entered in the directions page not being added to search history
    - Fixed dropping pin, then streetview, then redropping pin not working
    - Changed initial zoom level

For anyone with OS 10.0 having trouble to download, please try again with this version.
    07-28-13 11:33 PM
    App works pretty well. I needed a good all around native cascades map powered by Google maps. Works pretty well so far.
    BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_20130724.png
    BeMaps 10 Pro with Google Maps Official Thread-img_20130723.png

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    07-29-13 04:57 AM
    This seems a great app, my favourite thing though is something that isn't related to the mapping side of things. It is the single finger zoom,please can this be implemented into a Web browser such as evolution browser as it is a much better way to zoom than needing to pinch and zoom.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:50 AM
    Special characters are now recognized. Still having issues with some directions, but let me observe further. Dropping the PIN and getting directions to the PIN works fine. Nice update.

Posted from my Zed 10
    07-29-13 08:47 AM
246 123 ...