I've been a Bebuzz customer for a long time and purchased the bb10 version when I got my z10 back in June.

I have to say that the support is what I have the biggest issue with. The app itself constantly loses all of the LED setting for all message types and I routinely have to painstakingly re-input all the setting.

Some months ago I emailed the developer asking for their response. I got an automated email stating that a ticket was generated and that I will be contacted back by Bellshare. 2 days after I get an email saying that they have not heard back from me and that my ticket will have closed if they don't hear back from me. I thought this was odd because it was them that were supposed to get back to me. I thought maybe I missed an email so I immediately emailed them back with the ticket number with no response. The next day I get an email stating that the complaint was now closed because they hadn't heard from me.

I was pretty frustrated and because I'm pretty busy I just forgot about it. Fast forward a few months and the problems with Bebuzz are happening frequently and I have a minute or two to email developer so I do. Not surprisingly the same thing happened all over again. No response, say they are closing ticket, I reply, no response again, email says ticket now closed.

Is this there designed support? It seems to me like the automated system has no intention of handling complaints and there is no one handling it on the developer side.

Anyone had this experience or any advice?

I'm pretty disappointed with Bellshare and Bebuzz!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:07 PM
    I've seen people complaining about bell share since the OS6+7 days, yet these same people still purchase and support their apps. I've personally never had issues with them, but I have yet to download any LED application for OS10 due to the seemingly constant bugs and limitations put forth by BlackBerry themselves. My gf has downloaded various led apps and all have been extremely unreliable on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:43 PM
    I have less problems with the unreliability than the poor or non-existent support.

The thing that bugs me the most is the impression they attempt to give off that there is a mechanism for service but it's actually all a facade.

Beware Bellshare!

Posted via CB10
    josh74 likes this.
    02-01-14 03:19 PM
    I've seen people complaining about bell share since the OS6+7 days, yet these same people still purchase and support their apps.
    "Support their apps?"

Let's put it this way, we have very few choices, especially in BB10. If we have as much choices as in the Android OS, do you think we would choose the same lousy developers and pay for their crap? Or, even spend our time and exert efforts to help them clean up their act by writing them?
    02-02-14 12:52 AM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:31 AM
    Poor customer service is one thing that really bothers me. There is no reason not to get back to a customer. If they don't respond..then don't purchase their products. They don't deserve the business.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:23 AM
    "Support their apps?"

Let's put it this way, we have very few choices, especially in BB10. If we have as much choices as in the Android OS, do you think we would choose the same lousy developers and pay for their crap? Or, even spend our time and exert efforts to help them clean up their act by writing them?
    I understand what you're saying, and I'm not making excuses for their lack of support and seemingly indifferent attitude to their customers' complaints, but there are more than a couple of apps that will do what bell share considers their cream of the crop in BlackBerry World (weather and led).

Heck, a lot of these folks complain about Be weather when chances are many received it for free during the Xmas giveaway, and not to mention the fact that there are plenty of weather apps to choose from, including the stock one which is quite great. I'm saying that there is no need to support a company regardless of how many little options you think you have. Give them less sales and support in order for bell share to get the message that people won't download from a developer that doesn't offer grade A customer service.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:11 AM
    Poor customer service is one thing that really bothers me. There is no reason not to get back to a customer. If they don't respond..then don't purchase their products. They don't deserve the business.

Posted via CB10
    Well there may be a couple led options nowadays, but I had originally purchased Bebuzz way back when they were the only one available on bbos.

Regardless if there are alternatives I paid for this app and did so under the BlackBerry World environment. This should make it safe and legitimate and expecting the app to work and be supported is not an unreasonable requirement.

Where is the developer in all this? Do they care to chime in?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. I've abandoned Bellshare and will no longer give them my business.

Posted via CB10
    len5 likes this.
    02-02-14 01:48 PM
    They took our money and ran!!! They are never going to be headless!!! Let alone give us another update.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    02-02-14 03:20 PM
    This. I've abandoned Bellshare and will no longer give them my business.

Posted via CB10
    Ya goes without saying that I'm not going to be buying anything else from them if they aren't supporting what I have already purchased.

Talk about stating the obvious here fellas!

It's not like I said hey I've been hit on the head really hard and have money burning a hole in my app world with Bellshare's name on it.

I merely wanted to post that there support is a complete facade designed to give the impression that they give a sh�t.

I thought maybe they would chime in or possibly I could save someone else from purchasing from them.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:44 PM
    I understand what you're saying, and I'm not making excuses for their lack of support and seemingly indifferent attitude to their customers' complaints, but there are more than a couple of apps that will do what bell share considers their cream of the crop in BlackBerry World (weather and led). Heck, a lot of these folks complain about Be weather when chances are many received it for free during the Xmas giveaway, and not to mention the fact that there are plenty of weather apps to choose from, including the stock one which is quite great. I'm saying that there is no need to support a company regardless of how many little options you think you have. Give them less sales and support in order for bell share to get the message that people won't download from a developer that doesn't offer grade A customer service.
    I think we both understand what the other is saying.

My comment was not directed specifically - or only - to the developers of BeBuzz. I'll bet that many of those who got the BeBuzz 10 Pro this time did so mainly because they were satisfied with BeBuzz Pro for OS6/7, and not because they want to stay loyal to the brand or its developers. I believe most customers are not stupid. They could choose wisely if given better options, especially if they have to pay for the products and services.

The prices of the apps are, in my opinion, less than lunch money in most cases, but it's the PAIN of having to deal with the issues resulting from the use of these apps that's driving people mad. I know many forward-thinking companies even have to give money or gifts to customers for their feedback or suggestions. The developers in question here are, apparently, not businessmen by definition, so I don't expect many of them to treat constructive opinions or criticisms of their work with much delight. Nonetheless, their action - or inaction - can and will be reported in public communities like this. From my own experiences, I know that developers become more responsible and respond sooner when we post our comments here than if we were to e-mail them. Thank heavens for CB.

I hope people who have kept silent will start posting their ideas and opinions in these forums to let everyone see more of the bigger picture; furthermore, to encourage the app developers, BlackBerry, and especially, BlackBerry World to give us better products and services.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    02-02-14 07:33 PM
    Agreed.

I do think however that BlackBerry has a certain responsibility when they are the point of sale for these app and ultimately their have the say on what developer and app are on their app world.

I guess BlackBerry probably doesn't carry a big stick with developers anymore though either.

Love them or hate them but these types of occurrences are rare on apples app store. That's because they have a tight grip on the apps, developers and final customer experience. They can do this because they have the demand and all the leverage unlike BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:06 AM
    The responsibility to maintain the integrity of the BB10 apps should fall on BBW, but as has been evident for the past months, BBW has turned into a wh@re.

Thanks to fallen standards, there are so many fake, false, and dysfunctional apps in BBW nowadays. I also read in the forums about BBW allowing developers to remove unfavorable comments about their products. I don't know how true the allegations are, but taking the above and my own experiences with the apps and peddlers (yeah, I wouldn't even call them "developers") into account, I think it will benefit all of us if there is some sort of a permanent, comprehensive list or bulletin here in CB so users can properly grade the apps and developers can keep people informed.

One purpose of this is to prevent users from falling into "dead app traps." For example, when the developers of a particular app are no longer interested in enhancing their work or actively supporting customers, or when the developers are abandoning BB10, they should inform the community. The information can help people decide on whether to take the risk and buy the app or not. I understand that developers cannot work on the apps or serve one-time-paying customers for life, but it would be unethical for them to allow uninformed users to pay for "dead apps," especially when the latter are expecting more from the former. The information will also free the developers from certain accusations.

This because BBW has become as untrustworthy as the app outlets of other platforms.
    buwee likes this.
    02-03-14 09:35 AM
    I Bought BeBuZZ at full price on OS6. The service was atrocious. So I voted with my wallet and have not bought it for OS10.

G

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:39 AM
    I Bought BeBuZZ at full price on OS6. The service was atrocious. So I voted with my wallet and have not bought it for OS10.

G

Posted via CB10
    Well unless I have a time machine this doesn't help me or anyone.

Pcuser I agree with your comments. Its hard to trust anything on bbw. It reminds me of bbw on PlayBook as its starting to feel a bit abandoned. Developers are not going to keep making bb10 apps when they can make. Apks for both audiences. Therefore you can almost see the writing on the wall for.bar only files on bbw.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:09 PM
    When you post a critical review about one of their apps on BlackBerry World somehow it never sees the light of day.

BellShare is the worst at customer service. They used to have a forum for customers but the took it down due to the high number of complaints.

Once they have your $$$ they disappear.

Sad....

CB should start including customer service in their Dev and App reviews.

Buyer beware!!!

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 06:40 PM
    When you post a critical review about one of their apps on BlackBerry World somehow it never sees the light of day.

Unfortunately this is an issue with BlackBerry World in general. Probably 75% of the negative reviews I have written - and I almost always speak responsibly and respectfully and back up my contentions - get deleted by the app developer. It's way way too easy to delete a review for specious reasons in BBW.

It's a travesty.

BellShare is the worst at customer service. They used to have a forum for customers but the took it down due to the high number of complaints.

I remember that. They stopped responding to queries back in the BBOS days, I swore I would never buy anything from them again.

(Unfortunately when BB10 came out, I ended up first with their weather app because at the time everything else for BB10 was lousy. Then I ended up getting a copy of BeBuzz to do beta testing, in part because I'm just curious about all the available products and $2 certainly doesn't kill me.)

Once they have your $$$ they disappear.

The developer does respond from time-to-time in their CB threads, but it tends to take them a while.

The pity is that he is definitely a good coder, the support just stinkx.
    Azensun likes this.
    02-03-14 08:43 PM
    I made the mistake of buying Bebuzz Pro the other day 04/10/17. Activation doesn't work. Problem is with Bellshare not with my 9930 or BB App World. Emailed and sent Bellshare a ticket. Nothing but the automated responses everyone else here has gotten. Why the hell does BB still have Bellshare's apps on BBW???????
    04-14-17 05:20 PM
    I made the mistake of buying Bebuzz Pro the other day 04/10/17. Activation doesn't work. Problem is with Bellshare not with my 9930 or BB App World. Emailed and sent Bellshare a ticket. Nothing but the automated responses everyone else here has gotten. Why the hell does BB still have Bellshare's apps on BBW???????
    Im sure that if you took all the "unsupported" apps out of BB World you would lose over 60% of them.
    04-14-17 05:38 PM
    We this 1 isn't only unsupported but they are taking our money and not giving us the activation key. That is fraud.
    04-14-17 07:59 PM
    We this 1 isn't only unsupported but they are taking our money and not giving us the activation key. That is fraud.
    so file a complaint with BB World and get your money back.
    04-14-17 08:45 PM
    I did file for a refund, not holding my breath on that though.

I've looked but can't find any email address or web page to file a complaint. There's no place for any comments in the refund form.
    04-14-17 08:55 PM