Power Tools is my choice.
    It's somewhat easy to setup and seems to get updated every three weeks.
    03-27-14 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up smiley. I just bought it. It better work or ima come here and....and....um...write words with lots of asterisks in the middle of them!

Edit: Umm, so how do I turn off the ******* random flashing LED light?

Edit 2: seriously, for no reason the LED just starts flashing a random colour and only stops when I press the volume down rocker (as set up). Also the "wave" feature doesn't work....
    Last edited by greenberry666; 03-28-14 at 02:16 PM.
    03-28-14 11:02 AM
    Wtf is this??:

"Time: 09:28:18 pm

Power Tools found a new BBM Contact and can not resolve the Contact name. You can compare the above timestamp with the BBM timestamp message to figure out the Contact name.

Select the Open button to open Power Tools to configure a new LED for this Contact.

You can also use the Link feature to link this Contact with an existing BBM Contact.

To turn off this Notification goto Power Tools Settings->General screen."

Is there a thread that explains how Power tools works? I like it's potential as I think the concepts are cool. So I'm willing to give it a chance. It seems broken to me though.
    03-28-14 04:31 PM
    Ok. Now I'm ******** p*****d off. I made a request for a functioning app and was pointed in the direction of a horrendous pos. After *spending* money on yet another notification app I have spent hours trying to get Power Tools working correctly. In addition to the problems mentioned in the above posts, the latest issue is that no notifications happen at all!

Is the Dev going to pay me for the hours of testing I've done on this pre *beta* version of the app?

If you charge money, the product should function. End of.

It's the same with Bebuzz Pro. People in the beta thread were saying the app wasn't working and suddenly, in a moment of inspiration the Dev said it was ready for market and started selling a broken app. Lo and behold, people *payed money* and are having to *work* for the Dev giving feedback.

Seriously,get these things off the market until they work properly.

Ok **** rant over.

Anyone know how to make Power tools work?
    Last edited by greenberry666; 03-29-14 at 04:59 AM.
    03-29-14 04:39 AM
    I've never had any problems with power tools....

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:14 AM
    Ok. Now I'm ******** p*****d off. I made a request for a functioning app and was pointed in the direction of a horrendous pos. After *spending* money on yet another notification app I have spent hours trying to get Power Tools working correctly. In addition to the problems mentioned in the above posts, the latest issue is that no notifications happen at all!

Is the Dev going to pay me for the hours of testing I've done on this pre *beta* version of the app?

If you charge money, the product should function. End of.

It's the same with Bebuzz Pro. People in the beta thread were saying the app wasn't working and suddenly, in a moment of inspiration the Dev said it was ready for market and started selling a broken app. Lo and behold, people *payed money* and are having to *work* for the Dev giving feedback.

Seriously,get these things off the market until they work properly.

Ok **** rant over.

Anyone know how to make Power tools work?
    This is precisely the reason I don't buy these apps; BB10 has enough customisation for me.

The 3 companies just want your money and offer zero support.
    03-29-14 07:42 AM
    Wtf is this??:

"Time: 09:28:18 pm

Power Tools found a new BBM Contact and can not resolve the Contact name. You can compare the above timestamp with the BBM timestamp message to figure out the Contact name.

Select the Open button to open Power Tools to configure a new LED for this Contact.

You can also use the Link feature to link this Contact with an existing BBM Contact.

To turn off this Notification goto Power Tools Settings->General screen."

Is there a thread that explains how Power tools works? I like it's potential as I think the concepts are cool. So I'm willing to give it a chance. It seems broken to me though.
    what it means that you need to set up the bbm contact. Just select the Open button and then enter the name of the Contact and configure the LED. You only use the LINK button to link an existence bbm contact that you have already set before with Power Tools.
    03-29-14 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the heads-up smiley. I just bought it. It better work or ima come here and....and....um...write words with lots of asterisks in the middle of them!

Edit: Umm, so how do I turn off the ******* random flashing LED light?

Edit 2: seriously, for no reason the LED just starts flashing a random colour and only stops when I press the volume down rocker (as set up). Also the "wave" feature doesn't work....
    do you have Repeat set for the LED filter? set that to NONE in all your LED filters
    03-29-14 09:02 AM
    Can anyone tell me which app has the following functions:

1) I want to assign a color to a particular contact, so if I receive a phone call, email, or text by this person, the LED would blink a color that I assign to the contact.

2) I want to assign a color when I receive any emails to an email address that I designate. I have a separate email for all things related to my career (job searching, LinkedIn updates, professional contacts).

Posted via CB10 / 10.2.1.1925
    03-29-14 09:09 AM
    This is precisely the reason I don't buy these apps; BB10 has enough customisation for me.

The 3 companies just want your money and offer zero support.
    Yeah I was thinking of buying one of these but now think I can do without it or the hassle. Yeah BB10 has enough customization for me as well.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-29-14 09:19 AM
    Hello Smiley,
    I see all three apps are on sale:
    Power tools, color led message, and profile changer pro.
    My question: are the features color led and profile pro covered in power tools completely, or does it miss some, or have some more?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:13 AM
    Ok, hat off to smiley for involvement. After reading the various threads and following instructions etc I've got it working pretty good. There are still a few issues but I'd say it's a pretty nice app. I've got Wave working and that's pretty cool. I can see that much of the hassle is on BlackBerry's end and Kudos to Smiley for actually finding a way to add individual notifications for specific BBM contacts. It's a circuitous path but it does work and it's better than the other apps managed. Yea, Powertools has started to grow on me. Hopefully it will become more streamlined in the future.

Also, I was a bit unfair on Powertools. I downloaded it after having long wrestling matches with the other apps, so Powertools received the brunt if my frustration. It was the app that actually least deserved the heat.
    SmileDahling and SteelGreek like this.
    03-29-14 01:47 PM
    It's good that you come back here after cooling down and working on it
    greenberry666 likes this.
    03-29-14 03:06 PM
    Can anyone tell me which app has the following functions:

1) I want to assign a color to a particular contact, so if I receive a phone call, email, or text by this person, the LED would blink a color that I assign to the contact.

2) I want to assign a color when I receive any emails to an email address that I designate. I have a separate email for all things related to my career (job searching, LinkedIn updates, professional contacts).

BeBuzz Pro does this. Some have had issues with it but I have not. It has worked fine for me. I have colors set for one contact, two email addresses, Blaq mentions, Facebook, texts, missed calls, incoming calls, BBM, and calendar reminders.

Posted via CB10
    anthrogirl likes this.
    03-29-14 09:02 PM
    I agree with Skynny70. I use BeBuzz Pro for alerts for specific contacts as well as specific apps (Blaq, FB, Twitter...but opted not to get alerts for email). I also set vibrations through BeBuzz, for call connect and disconnect.

I haven't trialled Power Tools or Hub ++, but I always check back on these types of threads to see what people are saying and if I am tempted to swap from BeBuzz Pro.
    03-30-14 05:58 AM
    BeBuzz Pro does this. Some have had issues with it but I have not. It has worked fine for me. I have colors set for one contact, two email addresses, Blaq mentions, Facebook, texts, missed calls, incoming calls, BBM, and calendar reminders.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response. That decided it for me.

03-30-14 07:55 AM
    Yeah I was thinking of buying one of these but now think I can do without it or the hassle. Yeah BB10 has enough customization for me as well.
    I hope you like red colored LEDs for everything then.

Thanks for the response. That decided it for me.

Be advised that no notification app will be able to detect who is calling on the phone because that information is not provided to 3rd-party apps. They can detect the sender of texts and emails, but NOT phone calls. It's an OS limitation with BB10 up till now.

As for your second question, any of the 3 apps that are the subject of this thread can do that, although in some cases (I would have to play around with it to check), they may look only at sender address, not recipient address.

I assume you are using an alias address or auto-forwarding messages? Usually the distinction is easy because it just comes in for a separately configured account on the device.
    03-30-14 08:05 AM
    Myself, I need reminders for missed calls and text messages. So I choose BeBuzz because I can also change the reminder tone to something more subtle then the first notification.

That's funny, this has been a longtime peeve of mine with BB10, none of the notification tools has a flexible reminder. But in my case, I need the reminder to be way MORE obnoxious than the original notification, because if I didn't hear the original it generally means the reminder has to be a lot more annoying to catch my attention or wake me up in the case of certain critical things I need to monitor.

BeBuzz has this but it's not flexible enough for me. With the old BBOS version of BeBuzz (version 6) I was using the native OS for the initial notification and BeBuzz for reminders only on phone and messaging. This way I could have the initial notification more subtle and the reminders more noticeable.

But BBOS was much more flexible in a variety of ways that made this more feasible: For example with native notifications you could individually set the tone/sound, tone/sound volume, LED on/off, number of times to repeat, detailed vibration settings such as duration/repeat/during phone call vibe on-off/ etc, whether or not the notification would occur in or out of holster, all on a per-app/per-account basis. BB10 can't do that.

Not to mention, on BBOS there were 20 base LED colors to choose from in BeBuzz, whereas in BB10 (and 3rd-party apps) there are only 8 strictly defined base colors, there are no custom notification profiles, and the profiles that do exist are fewer. (BBOS 6 default profiles were as follows: "All Alerts Off, Normal, Loud, Medium, Silent, Vibrate Only, Phone Calls Only". So basically we lost "Medium" and "Loud".)

So at minimum I need a per-notification reminder setting, defaulted off, where I could select the same parameters as the initial notification (sound/LED/vibrate) plus a configurable repeat setting. Since there is apparently no API to set sound playback volume on BB10, I can't have that, unfortunately. Another annoying OS limitation.

FWIW, I now have licenses to 4 different BB10 notification apps. None of them so far are doing exactly what I want in terms of features, and some of them have serious reliability issues. Which is actually worse than the feature thing because to me if even the limited notifications you DO have configured can't be relied-upon, it often ends up worse than using nothing at all.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    03-30-14 08:51 AM
    Power tools is like 7 apps in one.

if you just want to compare the led notification. Powertools has geo-monitoring meaning the phone will change the notifications settings based on locations. Hub ++ is not doing that yet.

I think Powertools is a better app as it does other things aside from notifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:07 PM
    If only Power Tools could work as it should...
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-30-14 09:07 PM
    Be advised that no notification app will be able to detect who is calling on the phone because that information is not provided to 3rd-party apps. They can detect the sender of texts and emails, but NOT phone calls. It's an OS limitation with BB10 up till now.

As for your second question, any of the 3 apps that are the subject of this thread can do that, although in some cases (I would have to play around with it to check), they may look only at sender address, not recipient address.

I assume you are using an alias address or auto-forwarding messages? Usually the distinction is easy because it just comes in for a separately configured account on the device.
    I suppose I don't need to assign a color LED for incoming calls. I had the option using Sultan's app on a BlackBerry legacy device, so I thought it was nice to have but not need to have. Thank you for the clarification though.

I'm not using am alias nor auto-forwarding messages. I keep different email addresses for different purposes. For the situation that described above, I would be inclined to check incoming emails right away for emails received in my professional email address. For my general email address, I wouldn't need to check it right away, so having distinctive LED would help in this.

03-31-14 04:49 AM
    I'm not using am alias nor auto-forwarding messages. I keep different email addresses for different purposes. For the situation that described above, I would be inclined to check incoming emails right away for emails received in my professional email address. For my general email address, I wouldn't need to check it right away, so having distinctive LED would help in this.

The reason I ask is it sounded like you were trying to distinguish the recipient address for multiple recipients for the same account on the device, suggesting that you had several "alias addresses" that were all delivered to one account.

If all you need to do is have distinct notifications with different Sound/LED/vibrate settings for different accounts setup in Hub, that's easy.

IE I have 8 email accounts setup in hub, I could set a different color/sound/vibrate for each one if I want.
    03-31-14 05:32 AM
    Since PowerTools is on sale i gave it a shot.

What I don't like is, the LED is still blinking even if I'm already reading/opened the message. I hope it works just like the native LED function of Blackberry.

Second thing is, I don't like the message tones of PowerTools, how I wish I can use the native Blackberry tones and the PowerTools will manage the LED function.
    03-31-14 06:08 AM
    Since PowerTools is on sale i gave it a shot.

What I don't like is, the LED is still blinking even if I'm already reading/opened the message. I hope it works just like the native LED function of Blackberry.

Second thing is, I don't like the message tones of PowerTools, how I wish I can use the native Blackberry tones and the PowerTools will manage the LED function.
    In the settings you can adjust when/how the LED turns off (ex: when the device is unlocked, hold the volume down button, etc)

I agree with the sounds comment completely.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    03-31-14 08:54 AM
    I hope you like red colored LEDs for everything then.

I actually use the LED notification sparingly anyways. If BBM or email was used in a business aspect then yes I would need one. I will look into it further and weigh everyone's input in this thread.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-31-14 09:09 AM
72 123